Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching trouble

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
So I am working on my life wizards pet on my death because I have a forest beast and I want to keep the forest beast but have different talents, I have successfully hatched a perfect pet from the kiosk before with the same pet but for some reason when I do it now, the pet I hatch with disappears when I come back the next day and I never see it again after that. I think I saw somewhere that there's an hour cooldown and after 10 hatches the pet is taken down. Do I find another pet to hatch with, or wait until the one I hatched with shows up again?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
calnoe on Nov 24, 2018 wrote:
So I am working on my life wizards pet on my death because I have a forest beast and I want to keep the forest beast but have different talents, I have successfully hatched a perfect pet from the kiosk before with the same pet but for some reason when I do it now, the pet I hatch with disappears when I come back the next day and I never see it again after that. I think I saw somewhere that there's an hour cooldown and after 10 hatches the pet is taken down. Do I find another pet to hatch with, or wait until the one I hatched with shows up again?
Correct - after we hatch with a kiosk pet it goes on a one hour cooldown before it can be hatched with again. After 10 hatches it is removed from the kiosk; also after it has been there one week it is removed. Once a pet is removed it requires the owner to add it back and unfortunately we don't have any way to know if they will do this or not...we are also not alerted to it being added back. The only way to find it again is to keep looking for it and hoping the owner has put it back in.

It's difficult to decide whether to find something else or wait to see if it returns...and unfortunately none of us can tell you the best thing to do either. If it's only just happened though, it could be worth waiting and trying back for a few days - the owner might be away for Thanksgiving and unable to put their pet back up right now.

I'm sorry idk what is best to do, I have the same dilemma with a pet I was hatching with too!

What talents are you going for? I have a classic max forest beast with proof, defy, life bringer, life giver and fearless fortifier (maycast fortify) manifested. The stats are 250 250 250 252 250. Sorry I haven't updated it to the 'new' max stats, I made it just after 250 stopped being the max possible.

If this would be helpful to you I can add it to the kiosk.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Nov 25, 2018 wrote:
Correct - after we hatch with a kiosk pet it goes on a one hour cooldown before it can be hatched with again. After 10 hatches it is removed from the kiosk; also after it has been there one week it is removed. Once a pet is removed it requires the owner to add it back and unfortunately we don't have any way to know if they will do this or not...we are also not alerted to it being added back. The only way to find it again is to keep looking for it and hoping the owner has put it back in.

It's difficult to decide whether to find something else or wait to see if it returns...and unfortunately none of us can tell you the best thing to do either. If it's only just happened though, it could be worth waiting and trying back for a few days - the owner might be away for Thanksgiving and unable to put their pet back up right now.

I'm sorry idk what is best to do, I have the same dilemma with a pet I was hatching with too!

What talents are you going for? I have a classic max forest beast with proof, defy, life bringer, life giver and fearless fortifier (maycast fortify) manifested. The stats are 250 250 250 252 250. Sorry I haven't updated it to the 'new' max stats, I made it just after 250 stopped being the max possible.

If this would be helpful to you I can add it to the kiosk.
I am looking for double damage and double resist and may cast fortify would be great I don’t think beast pets can be put in the kiosk can they? Since they are crowns pets? If it wouldn’t be too much trouble can we meet up and hatch?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
calnoe on Nov 26, 2018 wrote:
I am looking for double damage and double resist and may cast fortify would be great I don’t think beast pets can be put in the kiosk can they? Since they are crowns pets? If it wouldn’t be too much trouble can we meet up and hatch?
Yeah the forest beast is not able to be added to the kiosk so I've prepped the wizard so she's ready to hatch whenever we meet up!

Just let me know the name of your wizard (so I know who to look out for) and your usual availability (include time zone). I'll use this to work out what overlap we have when we're both available and set a time to meet in dworgyn hatchery. When I let you know the time you can just charm it so I know you've seen it and we'll both start turning up accordingly until we're connected in game....subsequent hatches can be arranged either here or in game, whichever is easiest

Cya soon!

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Actually the pet I've been hatching with showed up again so I'll continue with that

Survivor
Jan 22, 2019
Hey I Keep getting my same dumb pet when hatching why wont it hatch any other pets I've been hatching with my friend for 3 days now and I only keep getting my pet instead of the pet I want to hatch for and Im trying to get a 2 headed dog but it keeps hatching my pet and she keeps getting my pets FIX THIS DUMB HATCHING THING! please its a waste of my time and gold trying to hatch a pet and getting back my same stupid pet