Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about how hatching works

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 24, 2018
Okay so. I am a balance wizard. I got Judgement from the quest. I know this pet has the ABILITY to gain spritely, but mine did not, which is okay. Then I hatched it with a blazilla, and got ANOTHER judgement. Okay. So I leveled this new judgement up (both are epic) and still no spritely. That's okay. Now my question is this: If I hatch my two judgements together, two pets that have the ABILITY to gain spritely but don't actually HAVE spritely currently, will I get a judgement that takes off of one of the two parents and will not possibly get spritely cause the talents are already predetermined by the parents, OR, will I get a judgement that has the ability to learn spritely, but also has many traits that take after the parents as well? And, as well as that, if it CAN learn spritely but doesn't, but then I use the THIRD judgement hatched with one of the two parents, will it have an even GREATER chance of learning spritely, or does it not work like that?

I asked two questions, I'd like two separate answers so I can understand.

Thanks for helping me :).

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Belgrim Caller on Nov 24, 2018 wrote:
Okay so. I am a balance wizard. I got Judgement from the quest. I know this pet has the ABILITY to gain spritely, but mine did not, which is okay. Then I hatched it with a blazilla, and got ANOTHER judgement. Okay. So I leveled this new judgement up (both are epic) and still no spritely. That's okay. Now my question is this: If I hatch my two judgements together, two pets that have the ABILITY to gain spritely but don't actually HAVE spritely currently, will I get a judgement that takes off of one of the two parents and will not possibly get spritely cause the talents are already predetermined by the parents, OR, will I get a judgement that has the ability to learn spritely, but also has many traits that take after the parents as well? And, as well as that, if it CAN learn spritely but doesn't, but then I use the THIRD judgement hatched with one of the two parents, will it have an even GREATER chance of learning spritely, or does it not work like that?

I asked two questions, I'd like two separate answers so I can understand.

Thanks for helping me :).
Congrats on getting your Judgement pet!

You're correct that a first generation Judgement has Spritely in pool. Whether your second judgement pet has it in pool or not depends on whether another talent from the Blazilla pushed it out or not. It's impossible for me to know without seeing the Blazilla's pool and the second Judgement's pool - even then it might not possible to determine without knowing the entire pool (including unmanifested talents) in the Blazilla's pool.

Hatching the 2 Judgements together does give you a chance at Spritely being in a new pet's pool because it is always present in a first generation Judgement. As soon as you move from the first generation Judgement though (eg using the baby from the 2 Judgements) you risk losing the possibility of Spritely. To guarantee it is still in pool you would need to be able to pool-read the baby produced.

I think there are easier ways to get you a pet you'll love

There are 3 main things to consider when making a pet - stats, talents and body type.

The body type determines what cards it can get just from training it - if there are specific cards you want then the body type becomes more important.

The stats are the numbers next to strength, agility etc - these are important if you want talents that work on a percentage (eg damage and resist etc) but do not affect maycast talents.

The talents are crucial - a non max stat pet with the 'wrong' body type can still be a much loved companion if it has nice talents. Think about the typo of talents you'd like most and would be helpful to your play-style.

Is your wizard mostly solo/team? Damage/tank/healer? What pet talents would you like most?

I might not have exactly what you want, but I am always happy to share my pets. If my pets are no use I can still give you some guidelines and break down how you can go about hatching to achieve what you want

LMK a little more about your playstyle and what you'd like from a pet

Survivor
Sep 24, 2018
Alrighty so mainly, I'm a solo wizard. I only do dungeons on the quests where it's essentially impossible to solo them (like the Jabberwock). What I'd really like in a pet is for it to boost my type of deck I'm using. My main playstyle is to blade myself as much as possible, trap the enemy boss as much as possible, and then one hit with the spell card Judgement. I'd really like a pet that either may cast a bunch of healing spells (like spritely or unicorn) or, one that gives me a ton of resistances and damage (like spell proof and whatever the talent name for balance dmg is but I forgot lol). IDEALLY, a pet that could do BOTH would be MARVELOUS, but I'm not quite that picky when looking, as long as it's a solid one of the two. I have a Harpy and it gives me spell proof and damage, which is great, but it doesn't give other things like heals and crit chance, which is something I'd also like. I know my explanation is kind of confusing but hopefully you get the idea :P.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Belgrim Caller on Nov 25, 2018 wrote:
Alrighty so mainly, I'm a solo wizard. I only do dungeons on the quests where it's essentially impossible to solo them (like the Jabberwock). What I'd really like in a pet is for it to boost my type of deck I'm using. My main playstyle is to blade myself as much as possible, trap the enemy boss as much as possible, and then one hit with the spell card Judgement. I'd really like a pet that either may cast a bunch of healing spells (like spritely or unicorn) or, one that gives me a ton of resistances and damage (like spell proof and whatever the talent name for balance dmg is but I forgot lol). IDEALLY, a pet that could do BOTH would be MARVELOUS, but I'm not quite that picky when looking, as long as it's a solid one of the two. I have a Harpy and it gives me spell proof and damage, which is great, but it doesn't give other things like heals and crit chance, which is something I'd also like. I know my explanation is kind of confusing but hopefully you get the idea :P.

Awesome, thanks for the details! A lot of my balance pets are sadly not able to be put into the kiosk, but hopefully you like one of the following (all max stat):

Lovely Orio, Lord of Autumn ~ quint damage (Balance-Dealer, Add Balance, Pain-Giver, Equalizer, Pain-Bringer)

Mister Jasper, Beastmaster's Eagle ~ Quad, Proof (Balance-Dealer, Add Balance, Pain-Giver, Pain-Bringer, Spell-Proof)

Prince Millie, Beastmaster's Eagle ~ Double, double, heal (Balance-Dealer, Pain-Giver, Spell-Proof, Spell-Defying, Fairy Friend)

Princess Maxwell, Beastmaster's Eagle ~ Trip, proof, heal (Balance-Dealer, Add Balance, Pain-Bringer, Spell-Proof, Fairy Friend)

Sandy, Balance Wartle ~ Trip, double (Balance-Dealer, Add Balance, Pain-Giver, Spell-Proof, Spell-Defying)

If you'd like to hatch with any of these let me know which one and I'll put it into the kiosk for you and keep it in as long as you need it for your project

If you'd prefer an all healing pet or ward pet let me know...but you might prefer that as a second pet once you've made a damage pet (in which case, just let me know when you're ready!)

Survivor
Sep 24, 2018
The price beastmaster eagle looks almost EXACTLY like what I want. How would I obtain it?

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Belgrim -- just hatch with it in the hatcher!

Victoria -- THANK YOU for putting Lovely Orio in the hatcher! I am hatching it with a Shelong Dragon and I got max stats in the dragon now. :D

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Belgrim Caller on Nov 28, 2018 wrote:
The price beastmaster eagle looks almost EXACTLY like what I want. How would I obtain it?
Which beastmaster eagle? I'm guessing you meant either Princess Maxwell or Prince Millie but I'm not sure because you accidentally just typed 'price'

I'll put both of them into the kiosk right now but please let me know which one you actually want so I know which one to keep in the kiosk while you need it

To get it:

Kiosk in Pet Pavilion - search Balance Pets, then Beastmaster's Eagle, then click through them to find Princess Maxwell or Prince Millie (whichever one it is you want). Double check it is max stats (250 255 260 260 250) with the right talents (just in case there happen to be 2 with the same name). Then hatch!

Train the baby to adult then use it to hatch again (use the same pet from the kiosk). Again, train the baby to adult and use the new adult to hatch again...repeat this process until you have got the same stats (or have high enough stats you're happy with them) and the talent pool is the same as the kiosk pet.

When you've got the stats and pool do one last hatch with the kiosk pet so you have 2 good ones. Hatch your own 2 together and raise the baby to manifest the right combo. If it fails go back to your 2 safe parent pets and hatch again, raise the baby.

I usually move the 3 pets (2 parents and baby) to make sure the parents always have the best combo of desired talents manifested between them - giving subsequent babies a better chance of manifesting the full talent combo.

EG: There are 3 pets, 2 will be hatchers and 1 will be for training. I want trip, proof, heal.

pet 1 = dealer + pain-giver
pet 2 = dealer + pain-giver

pet 3 gets = dealer + proof

I change pet 3 with pet 1 so the parent combo has dealer, pain-giver AND proof. I can now train pet 1 to ancient...

I change them out as they manifest a new desired talent so pet 1 and 2 gives as many of the desired talents as possible. If the pet in training fails I can hatch a new baby from the parent pets and try again.

I hope this is helpful.

LMK the name of my pet you need kept in the kiosk!

Survivor
Sep 24, 2018
Thank you, I see prince millie in the kiosk and that's the one I'd like. I want to know though, how do I get it as the actual beastmaster eagle and not the judgement i hatched it with? Like, what do I have to hatch with it to get the eagle?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Belgrim Caller on Dec 2, 2018 wrote:
Thank you, I see prince millie in the kiosk and that's the one I'd like. I want to know though, how do I get it as the actual beastmaster eagle and not the judgement i hatched it with? Like, what do I have to hatch with it to get the eagle?
Just hatch with it to copy the stats and talent pool and you will get a beastmaster eagle soon. Train the babies to adult even if you get another judgement because the pet is a 'between' pet and still has use in helping you on your journey

Belgrim and Chico - I'll try to remember to keep these pets in the kiosk but if they vanish please just let me know and I'll put them back up as soon as I see the post! I'm happy for them to be available as long as you need them for your projects!

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Thank you so much. I was very lucky to get the quint damage purple shelong dragon I was hoping for very quickly! Rufus gives me +33 balance damage (that includes +11 universal damage). Thank you for making Lovely Orio available.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Belgrim Caller on Dec 2, 2018 wrote:
If you definitely want a Beastmaster Eagle from a hatch, the only way to do that is to hatch two Beastmaster Eagles together.

If only one of the pets is a Beastmaster Eagle, there is a chance that your new pet will also be a Beastmaster Eagle, but there is a chance that it won't.

That means that if you are hatching a pet that is Exactly what you want except not a Beastmaster Eagle with a Beastmaster Eagle that is Exactly what you want, you may have to do several hatches before you get a pet that is Exactly what you want.

There are times when you may get a dozen or more wrong eggs before you get the egg you are hoping for. There are also times when you get it on the first try.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
ChicoValerian on Dec 3, 2018 wrote:
Thank you so much. I was very lucky to get the quint damage purple shelong dragon I was hoping for very quickly! Rufus gives me +33 balance damage (that includes +11 universal damage). Thank you for making Lovely Orio available.
That's absolutely BRILLIANT and it makes me feel so happy that you got what you wanted!

I love sharing my pets and it's the main motivator for making pets...my wizards certainly don't need this many!

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know Lovely Orio has been helpful in your project, it makes me feel really happy!