Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Opinion on the Crown Rewards Event

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
This is an update that a lot of people dislike. The point I want to make is that the idea should not be completely abandoned like some people say. The idea is not bad, but the implementation is. It's similar to a buy one get one free deal, and it comes with a lot of useful things in the tiers that players will benefit from. However, there are some obvious negatives.

The first thing I will address is that a lot of people will point out is that it's ridiculous to have a mount that costs 550,000 crowns, but saying this is misleading. The mount is technically free, because it is rewarded to you for free after you spend that many crowns on other things. However, what I think people mean when they say this is that because it is a temporary event, they are baiting you to spend tons of money on crowns to get the mount, or else it goes away after the event. So what they should do is make crown reward tiers permanent, and the problem is solved.

The biggest problem with this is that it is temporary. As long as it isn't permanent, it is just a cash grab. You can also make the argument that the reward tiers require too much crowns, which is definitely true now, however if this event is made permanent that is less of an issue. But, as many flaws as there are now, that does not mean the idea should be discarded entirely. It just needs to be improved.

Defender
May 23, 2009
Fable Finder on Nov 19, 2018 wrote:
This is an update that a lot of people dislike. The point I want to make is that the idea should not be completely abandoned like some people say. The idea is not bad, but the implementation is. It's similar to a buy one get one free deal, and it comes with a lot of useful things in the tiers that players will benefit from. However, there are some obvious negatives.

The first thing I will address is that a lot of people will point out is that it's ridiculous to have a mount that costs 550,000 crowns, but saying this is misleading. The mount is technically free, because it is rewarded to you for free after you spend that many crowns on other things. However, what I think people mean when they say this is that because it is a temporary event, they are baiting you to spend tons of money on crowns to get the mount, or else it goes away after the event. So what they should do is make crown reward tiers permanent, and the problem is solved.

The biggest problem with this is that it is temporary. As long as it isn't permanent, it is just a cash grab. You can also make the argument that the reward tiers require too much crowns, which is definitely true now, however if this event is made permanent that is less of an issue. But, as many flaws as there are now, that does not mean the idea should be discarded entirely. It just needs to be improved.
I agree with you, but if it is permanent they would also need to lower the maximum tier. 550, 000 crowns is alot and would take me more than few years to spend that much. I also know someone who take just 1 or two years to spend 550,000. Eventually, they have to change the rewards. If I wanted a mount specifically from the previous group of rewards, I still would have no chance of getting it. Another way solve this issue is to simply improve the rewards. For example, packs (with exception of mega snack packs aren't worth it as "rewards") since packs are based on chance. Otherwise, you have a great idea.

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
This is a missed opportunity. This was a chance to introduce some seriously unique gear with awesome stats. Instead, it's stich gear with other things that no one really needs. I like the idea of creating unique identities, but for the money, it's not going to work without more impressive gear. If I'm going to spend over 500,000 crowns on a mount, it better come with 10% pierce, 10% damage and 55% speed. The gear should be even better. No one wants to spend that kind of money for something that's not useful just to look different. Some of the potions are good, like the pet training potions and gardening, but they'd sell more just adding them to the crown shop. And If I'm going to go all in for craftable gear, what do I need with other gear? It's not an incentive to buy.