Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Layout Design Change

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 03, 2018
I know this is a long shot, but imagine this; the Massive Fantasy Palace. Being able to select a layout based on a school of your choice. For example my pyro could choose Fire, and it would change to grass to a sort of cracked lava rock, the water to lava, and the entire castle to heated stone. Like I truly love DragonSpyre and it’s design. But this grass and castle make my DragonSpyre memorial in my house look out of place. This new fire effect would make my house tie in well. Everything would feel at home for my pyromancer and his origins of being one of the last survivors out of DragonSpyre after the Great War, to be found by Merle Ambrose and to become one of the most powerful wizards in the Spiral. To make my home in Wizard101, to feel at home with the story and background I gave to my character. I’m not asking this for every house but this one and whatever houses KingsIsle would do this to also. Please give me your ideas aswell! This is our Spiral, our home! Shouldn’t we make it beautiful and put our spin on it to truly be unique? Thanks for your time!

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
That's an awesome idea! I'd really love that. I'd also like the option for being able to change the time of day in your house.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
xChief787x on Nov 15, 2018 wrote:
I know this is a long shot, but imagine this; the Massive Fantasy Palace. Being able to select a layout based on a school of your choice. For example my pyro could choose Fire, and it would change to grass to a sort of cracked lava rock, the water to lava, and the entire castle to heated stone. Like I truly love DragonSpyre and it’s design. But this grass and castle make my DragonSpyre memorial in my house look out of place. This new fire effect would make my house tie in well. Everything would feel at home for my pyromancer and his origins of being one of the last survivors out of DragonSpyre after the Great War, to be found by Merle Ambrose and to become one of the most powerful wizards in the Spiral. To make my home in Wizard101, to feel at home with the story and background I gave to my character. I’m not asking this for every house but this one and whatever houses KingsIsle would do this to also. Please give me your ideas aswell! This is our Spiral, our home! Shouldn’t we make it beautiful and put our spin on it to truly be unique? Thanks for your time!
I like this idea and instead of having to design every house in multiple ways maybe it would be more fitting for them to add decorative features that change things? I'm thinking of effects that are somewhere between wallpaper and decorations, like being able to add the water pooling effects as featured in the Sunken City house etc.

These kinds of effects could be elements they've already designed for other houses/locations etc and we could choose where they are in the house. It would even allow for different effects to be applied to different rooms!

There are tons of examples that could be used that are already in game that could be adapted into separate items that click into place within the houses.

Water spilling down the stairs of a burning barn...snow and ice taking over the decking of a life house etc. What do you think?

Survivor
Apr 03, 2018
light998 on Nov 16, 2018 wrote:
That's an awesome idea! I'd really love that. I'd also like the option for being able to change the time of day in your house.
Thanks Light998! Well hopefully this post can get enough backers behind it that kingsisle will notice and at least consider this idea!