Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crowns Rewards event questions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
I don't really understand how this event works. If KI is expecting me to spend 550,000 crowns to get a mount then that is absolutely ridiculous. I did the math, even if you're buying crowns on sale (80,000 crowns for $80) then that is still $550 to get everything in this event. I am really hoping I am wrong here and just not understanding how this works. You could argue that you are getting all the rewards, but even then, I don't feel it's worth $550. The fact that they are presenting this as a reward and an "event" makes it sound like they are doing us a favor. It they are really expecting me to pay that much to get one item, then it us a massive insult to their fans. I really hope my math is wrong or something and I am mistaken here. Someone please explain. Thank you.

Survivor
Oct 13, 2012
you can basically get all the rewards they are giving out except the hat robe boots and wand for like less than 100k. and they want us to spend 550k just to get basic rewards u can get with 100k or less crowns. This is just stupid. I am not spending a single crown during this event. I am save all for later

Survivor
Jan 13, 2011
You're correct, lol. This seemed so innocent and cool when I watched the video and then I went in game and I thought my eyes were deceiving me.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
Idk about anyone else but this "new event" is a little ambitious if you will! 550,000 for a new mount is crazy that's over six hundred dollars! I can understand if it a total spent on the account over the years, but come on how many people are going to drop that much for something that is essentially cosmetic. I mean if you have that kind of money more power to you, but I'm barely making ends meet to have membership each month. I mostly wanted to make this topic to see how everyone else feels about this.
Thanks for reading this rant:

Dustin Sparklefountain

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
This new event is a good idea but I can already see some major problems. The biggest problem I see is actually a combination of 2 problems. To start with any crowns you spend in this current event won't roll over to the next event. So if I spend 10,000 crowns now I have to spend that same amount to unlock the same tiers all over again the next time the event happens. Since it was said in the video that prizes will change from event to event this might sound like it's reasonable though not particularly favorable for those who don't spend a lot of money on this game.

The highest tier prize which is the mount is 550,000 crowns. If you started with zero crowns and bought all the crowns you needed to be able to reach this tier before the event is over then you are spending $700 minimum all at once on this game. Spending that much at once is in itself unreasonable. I'm aware many of us keep some crowns on hand and so wouldn't have to spend $700, but most people do not hoard their crowns and tend to have less than 100,000 at a time.

Then you get the problem that happens when you combine the 2 things mentioned above. Crowns spending does not roll over to the next event. You have to pay massive amounts of money to get the biggest prize. Since the crowns spending does not roll over that means shelling out hundreds of dollars every time this event happens for the highest tier prizes which if they were in the crowns shop normally would be around 7,500 crowns in the case of the mount or 15,000 at its highest ( $15- $30) and around the same for the outfit which is also high enough in the tiers to be spending major money.

Having the amount of crowns you have to spend be so high without having them roll over to the next event is impossible for the normal person who plays this game. People who play for fun and have other uses for their money like food or house payments cannot afford to spend that much on this game. To top it all off even if you add in other items like the elixirs you still are paying way more money for the items than you would if you bought them any other way including in a bundle.

This event is supposed to be a way for crowns members to earn member benefit type items. If it's not happening all the time then it still doesn't accomplish that. Those who buy zones will not want to wait once a month or some other version of that to move on with their game. And since it doesn't roll over they will most likely only get the lowest tier prizes. Even if they change prizes every time it will be a constant repeat of certain elixirs with no chance at bigger prizes such as the level 50 elixir.

As I stated at the beginning this is a good idea but right now it seems more like a fast way for KI to make a lot of money off the people who are willing to spend major money on this game to get a mount that normally only costs somewhere between $15-$30 (maybe $39 if it was a mount part of the more expensive bundles).

Survivor
Oct 09, 2009
I do not see many of the casual players spending just about $700 in 4 days just for a mount that 5% faster than the $15 mount that now in the crown shop.
480,000 is $600 without the sale
560,000 is $700
550,000 it just under $700 it just not worth it. You might as well just buy the full game for about 160,560 crowns. Only thing that will cost you money after that is pvp which most people don't even like doing.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
I agree with luvdog this is a good idea. BUT it needs to roll over the crowns to next event, there no way the average person can spend 550,000 in three days, all of the crown prices are way to expensive for what you get. the new items in there are cool and would like to have them but there is no way I can spend that many crown for them, Kingsilse needs to readjust the prices so everybody can afford them or roll over crowns

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
When I buy crowns it's usually a spur of the moment thing at Wal-Mart. A month or two ago I sold a fairly large job and rewarded myself with 60,000 crowns of which I have spent 40,000 on henchmen trying to get through dungeons that no one wants to help with. (After 10 mins of waiting I buy a henchman).

So "crowns" event held little meaning to me. After all the bro-ha-ha I've seen on the boards and various social media, I looked into the particulars of this event. 550,000 crowns to get a mount? Really? That's anywhere between $550 and $700 (depending on what kind of crowns sale you get). That's 5 - 7 months of membership and internet (both of which I need to play the game).

At best KI has a serious public relations problem with the fan backlash.

At worst Wizards101 has run its course and KI is trying to make a last quick buck before letting the game die.

Either way, with the rushed development of Empyrea 2 and this public relations debacle, KI has lost a lot of good will amongst the fan base. And make no mistake, the fan base is what keeps this game running.

I love playing Wizards. I pay the monthly membership (because I've never had the lump sum in spare funds to pay for a year). I will continue to play as long as the game is available.

I'm worried that this ship has hit an ice berg and all the promises of W101's future are nothing more than the band playing as the boat sinks beneath them.

Just my two cents

Steven Ghoststalker

Administrator
Eathe on Nov 15, 2018 wrote:
I don't really understand how this event works. If KI is expecting me to spend 550,000 crowns to get a mount then that is absolutely ridiculous. I did the math, even if you're buying crowns on sale (80,000 crowns for $80) then that is still $550 to get everything in this event. I am really hoping I am wrong here and just not understanding how this works. You could argue that you are getting all the rewards, but even then, I don't feel it's worth $550. The fact that they are presenting this as a reward and an "event" makes it sound like they are doing us a favor. It they are really expecting me to pay that much to get one item, then it us a massive insult to their fans. I really hope my math is wrong or something and I am mistaken here. Someone please explain. Thank you.
Hi all! Thanks for the great questions and expressing your concerns. I wanted to let you all know that we are closely monitoring community feedback and are looking at what we can do here to improve the offers moving forward.

A quick note that we updated the FAQ that helps to answers many of these questions: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/crowns-rewards-faq-8ad6a42b67117913016718554fde29f1?page=1

To address the 550,000 Crowns concern, I think we need to adjust how it's visually presented, as it is indeed a bit deceptive. It's NOT 550,000 Crowns for the mount, but instead that's just the top reward after spending that amount.

If you spend 550,000 Crowns, you get ALL of the other tiered rewards as well, and of course the items that you spent the Crowns on originally.

I hope that clarifications that particular question. I'll keep responding here to any others that we can answer!

Administrator
Luvdogs99 on Nov 16, 2018 wrote:
This new event is a good idea but I can already see some major problems. The biggest problem I see is actually a combination of 2 problems. To start with any crowns you spend in this current event won't roll over to the next event. So if I spend 10,000 crowns now I have to spend that same amount to unlock the same tiers all over again the next time the event happens. Since it was said in the video that prizes will change from event to event this might sound like it's reasonable though not particularly favorable for those who don't spend a lot of money on this game.

The highest tier prize which is the mount is 550,000 crowns. If you started with zero crowns and bought all the crowns you needed to be able to reach this tier before the event is over then you are spending $700 minimum all at once on this game. Spending that much at once is in itself unreasonable. I'm aware many of us keep some crowns on hand and so wouldn't have to spend $700, but most people do not hoard their crowns and tend to have less than 100,000 at a time.

Then you get the problem that happens when you combine the 2 things mentioned above. Crowns spending does not roll over to the next event. You have to pay massive amounts of money to get the biggest prize. Since the crowns spending does not roll over that means shelling out hundreds of dollars every time this event happens for the highest tier prizes which if they were in the crowns shop normally would be around 7,500 crowns in the case of the mount or 15,000 at its highest ( $15- $30) and around the same for the outfit which is also high enough in the tiers to be spending major money.

Having the amount of crowns you have to spend be so high without having them roll over to the next event is impossible for the normal person who plays this game. People who play for fun and have other uses for their money like food or house payments cannot afford to spend that much on this game. To top it all off even if you add in other items like the elixirs you still are paying way more money for the items than you would if you bought them any other way including in a bundle.

This event is supposed to be a way for crowns members to earn member benefit type items. If it's not happening all the time then it still doesn't accomplish that. Those who buy zones will not want to wait once a month or some other version of that to move on with their game. And since it doesn't roll over they will most likely only get the lowest tier prizes. Even if they change prizes every time it will be a constant repeat of certain elixirs with no chance at bigger prizes such as the level 50 elixir.

As I stated at the beginning this is a good idea but right now it seems more like a fast way for KI to make a lot of money off the people who are willing to spend major money on this game to get a mount that normally only costs somewhere between $15-$30 (maybe $39 if it was a mount part of the more expensive bundles).
Thanks for the details here! Yes, we have some work to do on tweaking the system. Any other thoughts on how it can be better balanced would be appreciated. We want to provide more rewards to those who purchase items they wanted to begin with, but we don't want to pressure anyone into spending Crowns simply for the sake of spending Crowns. This should be a benefit to you and not a stressful competition, should you choose to participate.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2016
this is indeed an event that goes against what I consistently tell other people when I suggest they play wizards that it isn't a game geared towards breaking you financially but in fact gives you a very low cost way to have hours of fun with a small monthly investment and if you choose to spend more the game gives you a great bargain on what you spend this event is just the opposite

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I am sorry but what you are asking for us to spend 700 bucks to get ALL the prizes, yeah no thanks on that. maybe 50000 crowns to get the top prize.. some of us just don't have the money to burn on crowns..

Administrator
Updated the title of this thread after consolidating a couple of other posts that discuss the same topic.

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Sparck on Nov 16, 2018 wrote:
Hi all! Thanks for the great questions and expressing your concerns. I wanted to let you all know that we are closely monitoring community feedback and are looking at what we can do here to improve the offers moving forward.

A quick note that we updated the FAQ that helps to answers many of these questions: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/crowns-rewards-faq-8ad6a42b67117913016718554fde29f1?page=1

To address the 550,000 Crowns concern, I think we need to adjust how it's visually presented, as it is indeed a bit deceptive. It's NOT 550,000 Crowns for the mount, but instead that's just the top reward after spending that amount.

If you spend 550,000 Crowns, you get ALL of the other tiered rewards as well, and of course the items that you spent the Crowns on originally.

I hope that clarifications that particular question. I'll keep responding here to any others that we can answer!
So you want to tweek how it's VISUALLY presented.
Good luck with that.
The fact remains that if you want the mount, you'll have to spend 550,000 crowns.
That converts to $550.00 in REAL money.

Speaking for a LOT of people, I AIN'T DOING IT.
I have better things to spend my cash on,,, like food, rent,, gas for the car etc.

Explorer
Nov 16, 2016
I expect that KI will adjust the amount of Crowns required for each tier after it sees the response. There probably won't be many that spend the $700 to get the mount (which is only marginally better than other mounts in my view), but if 100 people do it, that's $70,000 in revenue for KI. It probably cost less than that to design the mount.

It is unfortunate that the cost is so high that it prices most people out of the market. Of course, participation in the event is not required, it is there for: (1) people who would have spent the crowns anyway; and (2) people who have the money to spend extra for crowns for the rewards. For me, the benefit was that I was already planning on buying a mastery amulet with the 50% off sale, so I got three packs and a couple of elixirs as a bonus. Unfortunately, in the pack lottery, I didn't win anything of significant value. There's nothing in the next couple of tiers up that makes me want to spend the crowns necessary to get there.

Selling crowns is one of the ways KI makes money. Over time, Ki will have to see if increased crown sales for this event is more or less than the loss of crown sales when the event isn't running (due to people deferring their Crowns purchases until the event is live) and the loss of wizards who are upset about the whole thing.

I'm also wondering if the new elixirs (Double Gardening rewards, etc) will someday be offered as stand alone Crowns purchase items. I might occasionally buy some of those.

Defender
May 23, 2009
connor deaththief on Nov 16, 2018 wrote:
this is indeed an event that goes against what I consistently tell other people when I suggest they play wizards that it isn't a game geared towards breaking you financially but in fact gives you a very low cost way to have hours of fun with a small monthly investment and if you choose to spend more the game gives you a great bargain on what you spend this event is just the opposite
Wiz101 is always cheap. This is coming from someone who started playing when she was old enough to get weekly allowance from her parents. What I would do is buy monthly membership when it is on sale for $4.95 for the first month. Then cancel the membership so it doesn't renew for $9.99. I also buy zones to most major dungeons (I have spent less than 25,000 crowns for these dungeons.) You can farm till your hearts content with less frustration and no membership restrictions.

With that being said, I am not a fan of this event as it is game for children. I can see a younger version of myself wanting a mount that cost at least $500 which is absolutely absurd. I do agree that people who buy zones should be rewarded though. I suggest lifetime achievements rewards for accounts, not wizards. This can include buy X number of zones, buying y number of zones and so on. Similar to badges system for wizards. Or a more obvious solution let this event carry over to the next one.

Explorer
Nov 21, 2011
Evidently, that's more of the same.

If the mount is the top prize (at least in this particular run of the Crowns Rewards Event, which i will now call CRE for short), and the prize ladder will reset every time the event is run, it still means that someone would have to pay 550,000 crowns to get the top prize, which is completely overkill. The most crowns anyone is realistically going to have at any given point is roughly 160,000 (x2 80,000 bundles), anything above that is an outlier and is far too excessive.

Sure, i might have spent 550,000 crowns in-game at this point, but that's over the entire lifespan of my account. It's unfeasible for someone to even have that many crowns to use in the CRE to begin with, let alone spend it all at once. If it was over the lifespan of my account, then sure, it's not as bad. But spending $700 worth of crowns in 3 days? No chance.

It only gets worse when you read that it will be reset every time the CRE is run. It's true that resetting the event and making way for new prizes prevents things from getting stale, but it would also mean that if i wanted to get the top prize again, i would have to spend the same amount of money. Assuming it'd be running off of the same layout, that's $1400 worth of crowns over those 2 events alone.

Sorry Sparck, but i can't in good faith approve of this idea in it's current form. It just feels like a blatant cash grab. Allowing member benefits to be available to crowns players via elixirs is a great idea, but this doesn't feel like a fair way to do it at all.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Sparck on Nov 16, 2018 wrote:
Thanks for the details here! Yes, we have some work to do on tweaking the system. Any other thoughts on how it can be better balanced would be appreciated. We want to provide more rewards to those who purchase items they wanted to begin with, but we don't want to pressure anyone into spending Crowns simply for the sake of spending Crowns. This should be a benefit to you and not a stressful competition, should you choose to participate.
Sparck,

This is the feedback everyone is trying to give you. Spending 700 real life dollars to obtain a virtual mount in a game that use to pride itself in family friendly/all ages is the part we all can't believe is happening at KI.

Please give the KI executives the feedback that not a single player likes the idea of spending 700 dollars in one weekend to obtain a mount. Most players welcome the Crowns rewards system, the problem is the total price tag to obtain the virtual item.

Some of us long time players are still in shock that KI would go down this route.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
Here's a suggestion for you. Keep the "Crowns Rewards" going all the time and allow points to be built up over time instead of having to spend so many Crowns in one weekend. Make the "Special Event" double points towards rewards. Or give points for getting Crowns and then on a special event, get points for spending them.
If a person buys 60,000c a month on the 60 for 60 deal, it will take 10 months to buy/spend 550,000c. Make the rewards there for sticking around and using Crowns instead of rewarding overspending on a weekend.

You want to add different gear type items at different times, but maybe as those tiers are reached, you can be presented with a choice of different items like when you are able to choose a tier for the gear that's included with gift cards. All the gear would be presented at the level the character you're redeeming on is and you get to choose the item/s.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Area51Alien on Nov 16, 2018 wrote:
When I buy crowns it's usually a spur of the moment thing at Wal-Mart. A month or two ago I sold a fairly large job and rewarded myself with 60,000 crowns of which I have spent 40,000 on henchmen trying to get through dungeons that no one wants to help with. (After 10 mins of waiting I buy a henchman).

So "crowns" event held little meaning to me. After all the bro-ha-ha I've seen on the boards and various social media, I looked into the particulars of this event. 550,000 crowns to get a mount? Really? That's anywhere between $550 and $700 (depending on what kind of crowns sale you get). That's 5 - 7 months of membership and internet (both of which I need to play the game).

At best KI has a serious public relations problem with the fan backlash.

At worst Wizards101 has run its course and KI is trying to make a last quick buck before letting the game die.

Either way, with the rushed development of Empyrea 2 and this public relations debacle, KI has lost a lot of good will amongst the fan base. And make no mistake, the fan base is what keeps this game running.

I love playing Wizards. I pay the monthly membership (because I've never had the lump sum in spare funds to pay for a year). I will continue to play as long as the game is available.

I'm worried that this ship has hit an ice berg and all the promises of W101's future are nothing more than the band playing as the boat sinks beneath them.

Just my two cents

Steven Ghoststalker
Hello, mate 40k on henchmen lol that alone sent me on the floor. However, I do see where you're coming from. I started playing wizard101 October 1st, 2018 am now level 100. KI should of reward people for the time players are investing in their game, rather than how much money people are spending and collectively calling it average.

Survivor
Oct 14, 2013
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I agree with Area51Alien. I am a little more than concerned with how things have been going...

First of all, I love Wizard101 and I'm glad that they are looking for ways to include crowns players. This isn't the way.

In game "sales" are not how to do it though. I personally find this new system a little aggravating:

1. I've probably spent the $700 worth of Crowns (about 2-3x over the last 10 years of playing the game). This includes buying areas, (stupid) packs, mounts, pets, and other general junk that we all buy haha. However, I think that having to do that within a 3 day weekend is ridiculous!

2. I'm already a little irritated at the crowns I've already spent not being rewarded (so um, yeah doubt anything will happen there, but just letting you know...) ESPECIALLY for Pay by Areas which is IMO the reason people were suggesting the Crowns Benefits in the first place.

3. I feel like this is going to motivate me to hold onto my crowns for longer because now I feel like I have to wait until the event is active to buy anything and if I'm holding onto crowns I'm not spending them and so then I don't need to buy any more...

4. We don't know how this is supposed to work. Is this event coming back in a few months? Will the progress be saved from last time? Are there going to be other random crown event things like this with new tracks? You really expect someone to spend that many crowns in a weekend!?!

Potential Solutions:

1. Don't make it timed (crowns players are playing slow/long term anyway). I feel like that this something that players could achieve if it wasn't timed so short.

2. Lower the price/top prize to more like 60,000. Myself and others will testify that we buy crowns in about that high of an increment. I have no need to try stock up more than that at ANY given point.

3. Make it over the life of the account.

4. Remove this idea entirely and start again. (Reward area purchases or something.)

I strongly think that this feels like a cash grab. :(

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
ROFL - don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain...

Paying 550,000 crowns to get a bunch of stuff; um...
- Resetting the timer every time you run a Crowns Rewards Event is not OK; or Cool.

Now, giving incentives to players who spends crowns is fine.

As, is having players spends specific amounts to access better loot. Its acceptable.

New ways to generate revenue is good for business. However, don't reset the timer. Let players spend all the crowns they want. And when players reach target numbers, reward them appropriately; without chasing them away in the process.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2012
Couple Ideas for this new event:

-Lower the the Crown Event to 400k?
While many have responded negatively to this, I can assure those who think this is insane, I've seen people spend a lot more money in one weekend on an app game than what this event currently runs at.On the other hand, unlike similar games where a system like this is used, this one is lacking content, and this is why I think the end goal should be lowered. On that note, I have talked to people who agree about the lack of anything really new with this offer but if the content was there they would participate.

-More exclusive items?
Most of the rewards can be bought easily without getting to the higher levels, which kinda makes it difficult to continue going toward the finish line.
Member benefit potions are great as is a new gear set, but the archangel set, is inexpensive compared to most sets and able to be farmed in game, is not something that matches the effort put into that tier.
Add reagents into the mix. Amber, Sonic Springs, Diamonds, to name a few. A x5 Amber instead of the archangel set seems like more of a prize and isn't easily acquired.
Instead of a mana elixir (kinda useless never run out of mana in 30 minutes) possibly a chest or an item storing 7 battle elixirs (one for each school) in a similar format to redeeming bundle gear, only one potion per chest but it has options.
Henchmen?
(New) Learn-able rank 1 spells? These would change absolutely nothing but would be a worthy reward for a upper or top tier prize. For example a re-skin of the current rank 1 spells for another school (though I think most already have a treasure card form) or fresh 1 pip spells that kinda go along with an event. More for fun than anything. (This one is a bit iffy)

- More Tiers?
Between tier 13 and 14 and 14 and 15 it seems like an enormous jump in spending. It could help if the number between those tiers wasn't 100k crowns. Adding a tier in the middle with smaller prizes might help.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
ShadowLord403 on Nov 18, 2018 wrote:
Couple Ideas for this new event:

-Lower the the Crown Event to 400k?
While many have responded negatively to this, I can assure those who think this is insane, I've seen people spend a lot more money in one weekend on an app game than what this event currently runs at.On the other hand, unlike similar games where a system like this is used, this one is lacking content, and this is why I think the end goal should be lowered. On that note, I have talked to people who agree about the lack of anything really new with this offer but if the content was there they would participate.

-More exclusive items?
Most of the rewards can be bought easily without getting to the higher levels, which kinda makes it difficult to continue going toward the finish line.
Member benefit potions are great as is a new gear set, but the archangel set, is inexpensive compared to most sets and able to be farmed in game, is not something that matches the effort put into that tier.
Add reagents into the mix. Amber, Sonic Springs, Diamonds, to name a few. A x5 Amber instead of the archangel set seems like more of a prize and isn't easily acquired.
Instead of a mana elixir (kinda useless never run out of mana in 30 minutes) possibly a chest or an item storing 7 battle elixirs (one for each school) in a similar format to redeeming bundle gear, only one potion per chest but it has options.
Henchmen?
(New) Learn-able rank 1 spells? These would change absolutely nothing but would be a worthy reward for a upper or top tier prize. For example a re-skin of the current rank 1 spells for another school (though I think most already have a treasure card form) or fresh 1 pip spells that kinda go along with an event. More for fun than anything. (This one is a bit iffy)

- More Tiers?
Between tier 13 and 14 and 14 and 15 it seems like an enormous jump in spending. It could help if the number between those tiers wasn't 100k crowns. Adding a tier in the middle with smaller prizes might help.
400K crowns is still way too high for the average every day player. Yes there are people out there that will spend way more than just $700 dollars on a game but those people are usually the ones who are either 1. Rich and don't have to worry about spending that much on a game, 2. Serious gamers who do things like PVP with their characters for a living at tournaments nationally and world wide, or 3. People who are major collectors of in game items such as mounts, pets, outfits, etc. People like that are common in really big MMOs like Elder Scrolls (where might I add things like mounts are generally much more expensive to begin with) but not so much in Wizard101.

The average person who plays this game for fun will not spend much more than $100 dollars at a time if even that much. At 400K crowns you are still looking at $500 dollars in just a few days, which for most people is just not possible to do. Especially if you take into account that this game is supposed to be for children. I know no 10 year old who randomly has that kind of money to spend on any game let alone Wizard101.

I do agree however with the lacking of content for the lower levels. Most of the potions I saw I really don't use that often where as ones I might find useful were so high up I would not be able to reach them considering how much money I would have to spend to get the crowns to spend on packs and other things to earn them.

I also agree with more exclusive items. The archangel as you said is farmable. If I ever decided to spend money to buy crowns then use them for this event I want clothing that I get from it to be something I can't earn on my own in game with a few hours or days of farming. I know for a fact that outfit is easily gotten as I farmed a dungeon where it drops for something else and got the whole outfit at least 3 times over in the span of a week.

Amount of crowns between the tiers ceases to be a problem if amount of crowns needed is lowered to a reasonable amount to begin with