Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Evolution of the "Blade and Charm"

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Hello wizards. As we all know blades have been out since the inception of Wizard. Same thing with charms.

Since they are the building blocks of the entire combat system- its time they got an update.

These blades would be trainable NPC in broken shores- if it is next world (looking ahead)
--> a lost tree seed that spun away from bartleby and grew into a Scream- a tree poisoned by mixing and absorbing a mix of different magic.

Cursed Blade: a universal blade- costs 10 mana: using this blade makes spell apply curse hex (3 training points)
Blood Bane: a blade costing 600 health [moon damage] cast: + 70% damage - 35% critical (3 training points)
Ether Spear: +40% pierce - 40% damage (3 training points)
Chi-twist (aura): +70% block- costs 400 health- -100% critical (3 training points)
Chaotic vigor (aura): = +70% critical- 4000 health (3 training points)

Iron will (aura): + 150% resist- - 100% damage (3 training points)

Indalimate (enemy ward): -100% pips for 1 if enemy self hit, or 3 rounds otherwise (5 training points)
Shatter will- (enemy aura): next spell costs +4 pips (5 training points)
Crucify- (enemy aura): enemy is forced to skip 3 turns + 500 burn per turn (6 training points)
Bolster: (self enchant- shields)- shield becomes the class of the incoming hit (2 training points)
Ailment: (enemy enchant-shield): place a negative shield countering next placed shield (2 training points)

Elucidate: - 2 pips reduction to enchanted spell- works above epic (10 training points)
Dark Flood: Convert enemy power pips to regular pips (4 training points)
Light Flood: convert all normal pips to power pips (4 training points)

Damnation: (self-blade): +400% damage- cost of 99% health (2 training points)
Love-sacrifice: sacrifice 100% of health to heal 100% of all allies (1 training points)
Shadow mind: Drain 25% from allies health to heal 50% (select all targets) (8 training points)
helpful mind: sacrifice 25% of pips to give x 2 pips or 25% health to heal 50% health (8 training points)

Betrayal: (self aura): Self beguile to join enemy for 2 turns (8 training points)
Loyalty: Beguile shield- prevents from being beguiled ( 1 training points)

Shadow gaze: Convert all blades to traps on selected enemy (2 training points)
Shadow touch: Convert all enemy blades into shields(2 training points)
Shadow Love: Convert all blade to shadow or all shadow to blood at cost of 100 health (3 training points)

Dematerialize: (enemy or self target aura): spells cast by enemy -9999% damage cost of 13 pips [ idea to survive a fatal hit] (15 training points)

Ilusion: Change spaces on hit board- and create copies of self to trick enemy- cost of 500 health (9 training points)

What do you guys think? i know some of them are out there and a bit insane. But would fundamentally change gameplay styles.

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Lukeskywalker1313 on Nov 15, 2018 wrote:
Hello wizards. As we all know blades have been out since the inception of Wizard. Same thing with charms.

Since they are the building blocks of the entire combat system- its time they got an update.

These blades would be trainable NPC in broken shores- if it is next world (looking ahead)
--> a lost tree seed that spun away from bartleby and grew into a Scream- a tree poisoned by mixing and absorbing a mix of different magic.

Cursed Blade: a universal blade- costs 10 mana: using this blade makes spell apply curse hex (3 training points)
Blood Bane: a blade costing 600 health [moon damage] cast: + 70% damage - 35% critical (3 training points)
Ether Spear: +40% pierce - 40% damage (3 training points)
Chi-twist (aura): +70% block- costs 400 health- -100% critical (3 training points)
Chaotic vigor (aura): = +70% critical- 4000 health (3 training points)

Iron will (aura): + 150% resist- - 100% damage (3 training points)

Indalimate (enemy ward): -100% pips for 1 if enemy self hit, or 3 rounds otherwise (5 training points)
Shatter will- (enemy aura): next spell costs +4 pips (5 training points)
Crucify- (enemy aura): enemy is forced to skip 3 turns + 500 burn per turn (6 training points)
Bolster: (self enchant- shields)- shield becomes the class of the incoming hit (2 training points)
Ailment: (enemy enchant-shield): place a negative shield countering next placed shield (2 training points)

Elucidate: - 2 pips reduction to enchanted spell- works above epic (10 training points)
Dark Flood: Convert enemy power pips to regular pips (4 training points)
Light Flood: convert all normal pips to power pips (4 training points)

Damnation: (self-blade): +400% damage- cost of 99% health (2 training points)
Love-sacrifice: sacrifice 100% of health to heal 100% of all allies (1 training points)
Shadow mind: Drain 25% from allies health to heal 50% (select all targets) (8 training points)
helpful mind: sacrifice 25% of pips to give x 2 pips or 25% health to heal 50% health (8 training points)

Betrayal: (self aura): Self beguile to join enemy for 2 turns (8 training points)
Loyalty: Beguile shield- prevents from being beguiled ( 1 training points)

Shadow gaze: Convert all blades to traps on selected enemy (2 training points)
Shadow touch: Convert all enemy blades into shields(2 training points)
Shadow Love: Convert all blade to shadow or all shadow to blood at cost of 100 health (3 training points)

Dematerialize: (enemy or self target aura): spells cast by enemy -9999% damage cost of 13 pips [ idea to survive a fatal hit] (15 training points)

Ilusion: Change spaces on hit board- and create copies of self to trick enemy- cost of 500 health (9 training points)

What do you guys think? i know some of them are out there and a bit insane. But would fundamentally change gameplay styles.
I love this, buuuut it does have its flaws.
First of all, people wouldn't be willing to spend so many training points on a single spell.
I mean, 1 training point would be enough for the spells, but for the ones that cost more (such as 3, 8, or even like 15?) would cost maybe 2 or 3. and most of the too op spells should be anti-pvp.
Please, dont take this as an insult or anything, im not that smart.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Honestly some of them would need to be pvp banned, but honestly I don’t care about pvp. It’s a byproduct of game systems. Which is why kingisle rarely focuses on it.

In regard to spells costing more that is exactly the point.

As someone once said great power costs require sacrifice. These spells would require one to forgow some spells to better their own style. These op spells are really game breaking if matched with some spells. As such they cost a ton to limit a players ability to become a god.

Think satyr with 2 pips? Or wild bolt with a dark flood enchant. They can be the next gen evolutions. But they require user to make a choice to lose some skills to learn it,

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
Hello,

Personally I think that blades should just stay the way they were.
There's nothing wrong with them, so why bother with them? It's like whenever they messed with the graphics even though it didn't need that much of a change. Not to mention they're constantly changing voice actors for characters and that just ruins the experience for older players.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
The graphic update is not a bad thing. Sure it’s more cartoony then I was hoping, I was hoping the darker worlds would have make more of a dark souls theme then anime.

But my suggestion does not really change as it is not mandatory. Don’t like it don’t use it lol.

This game is old. Gamebyro is like an engine from the 1990s. Unless kingisle does and keep innovating the game will die. Currently the “kids” who played kingisle are out growing the game. Harry Potter craze is over, until Harry Potter Magic Awakened comes out at least.

With these kids” are getting new hardware we are moving away from wiz. Unless wiz can keep the intrigue up it’s gonna landslide really quick.

Food for thought, Luke Shadow a Thorn

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Lukeskywalker1313 on Nov 23, 2018 wrote:
The graphic update is not a bad thing. Sure it’s more cartoony then I was hoping, I was hoping the darker worlds would have make more of a dark souls theme then anime.

But my suggestion does not really change as it is not mandatory. Don’t like it don’t use it lol.

This game is old. Gamebyro is like an engine from the 1990s. Unless kingisle does and keep innovating the game will die. Currently the “kids” who played kingisle are out growing the game. Harry Potter craze is over, until Harry Potter Magic Awakened comes out at least.

With these kids” are getting new hardware we are moving away from wiz. Unless wiz can keep the intrigue up it’s gonna landslide really quick.

Food for thought, Luke Shadow a Thorn
I do agree with you. Me and my Friend bought a membership so we could finish our characters but replaying the story is just, boring to the max. I feel wiz should introduce something new often, and not something that's already in the game such as adding a new trap or aura. I want something new, not just repeated process

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
I agree LoyalStorm. I believe that which is why this thread exists.

In my view this evolution is a step not a solution. Any single feature will buy time before ppl get sick of it. There needs be a fundamental change.

Due to the unlikely ness that kingsisle would make a large drastic change- my change is small but it changes the combat to the core.

More insight is helpful, plz respond wizards.

Luke Shadow Thorn