Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Duel Dynamics

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
I love playing this game and am working on finishing the new area as of now, and Pokemon along with it. So I thought, an option to turn off spell animations, and just have the effects applied would be a nice addition. I was thinking about all the spell animations. From time to time my game has lagged and stayed motionless and all of a sudden blades, traps, and damage were applied. While playing Pokemon seeing the same animation after a while had me turn them off, cause I wanted to enjoy fast paced battles. So I know it's possible for the animations to speed through. I know there are issues with doing that, but here are the ones I can think of and address. First being "How would this work in multiplayer battles?" An option could appear before the first turn asking all players if they want a "Quick Battle" for four players it would take 3/4 voting yes to go through 2/3, and both players saying yes for two players. "How would this work in PvP?" In tournaments it could be a special type, and in regular is a host option. "What about when players join?" A clock icon, with a speed blur behind the hand, could hang above the area out of sight from player camera's, or just invisible to players in the duel. "What about if new players don't get to enjoy the spells?" An option could be toggled from the beginning for this to be off, and must manually be activated. What I wouldn't be able to say is how this would work if a cheat is triggered while it its active, but if it were to cause issues it could be disabled just for them. That is my pitch for the idea, and thank you all for keeping the game alive for so long, I appreciate every day I have to play.