Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

User Interface needs a serious upscale!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 08, 2018
Hello, playing the game again after years of absence.

however, I ran into a bit of an issue... I am playing on Windowed mode so I can record the game for streaming and such and I have a 4k monitor... meaning everything in the UI is insanely microscopic and REALLY hard to see.

I would add a picture, but I don't see an option.

Suffice it to say, investing hundreds of hours with my head a few centimeters off the screen is not exactly my idea of a relaxed time.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
DraculJOSHI on Nov 11, 2018 wrote:
Hello, playing the game again after years of absence.

however, I ran into a bit of an issue... I am playing on Windowed mode so I can record the game for streaming and such and I have a 4k monitor... meaning everything in the UI is insanely microscopic and REALLY hard to see.

I would add a picture, but I don't see an option.

Suffice it to say, investing hundreds of hours with my head a few centimeters off the screen is not exactly my idea of a relaxed time.
Hiya!

Yeah I recently had a similar issue (see here) and found that using the separate monitor was no use at all (turns out it is was 4k...I know nothing about this kind of thing). The laptop itself was still very small icons but possible to use, though I do find myself mis-clicking a lot and buying the wrong things in the bazaar.

When I was trying to work things out and find settings to change it I found other players who had the same issue with higher resolutions too. It would be great if KI could do something about scaling the UI, especially as this will affect increasing numbers of players as our old computers die and need replacing!

It's brilliant that KI make sure Wiz can run on older machines but it needs to be playable on new ones too!