Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suspicious or potentially fraudulent billing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 03, 2018
Good day to all I am in a bit of a troublesome dilemma. My Girlfriend an I have been playing Wizard101 for just over two months. and have recently decided to buy crown as well as a membership for each of us. but now a few hours after completing the transaction for our first month membership i am notified that I can no longer purchase anything due to "Suspicious or potentially fraudulent billing" i have since created a family account and listed her account under mine but i have no idea as to what i can do further all my attempts at contacting someone has thus far been useless to me because I struggle with the logistics behind most of my "settings" can anyone please point me in the right direction

thank you

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Lonealpha3515 on Nov 10, 2018 wrote:
Good day to all I am in a bit of a troublesome dilemma. My Girlfriend an I have been playing Wizard101 for just over two months. and have recently decided to buy crown as well as a membership for each of us. but now a few hours after completing the transaction for our first month membership i am notified that I can no longer purchase anything due to "Suspicious or potentially fraudulent billing" i have since created a family account and listed her account under mine but i have no idea as to what i can do further all my attempts at contacting someone has thus far been useless to me because I struggle with the logistics behind most of my "settings" can anyone please point me in the right direction

thank you
Hiya, and welcome to the Spiral and the community!

What you're describing is very common when we do multiple transactions in a short space of time. Companies must have a fraud-prevention system, I even triggered one recently with another company when I bought a new computer then a few days later tried to buy another 3 (1 each for the kids) because it was so good!

These fraud-prevention systems are automated and spot activity that is unusual for the customer or activity that is typical of fraud patterns. DON'T WORRY THOUGH! This is in place to protect your bank account and when you email support they will manually over-ride it. They just need confirmation the purchases are legitimate

When you message them let them know the account usernames (not passwords) and the transactions are intentional. You'll get an auto response letting you know they received your ticket but keep an eye on your email just in case they need more info. They'll lift the block asap!

Be aware they just had a major new content release and they only have a skeleton staff working weekends so it may take a little bit longer than usual to get to your message...but I think these kinds of things are usually prioritised.

Unfortunately I don't think there is any way to perm over-ride the system for future and there is nothing in your settings to change how this operates...it's there to protect your bank account and KI from having transactions recalled.

I hope this helps and they get it sorted quickly!

PS. You can contact support by logging into the website and going to the 'help and support' section

Survivor
Nov 08, 2018
I recommend the topmost pinned threat here: "how to get help form KingsIsle"

or to put it more blunt: contact support directly.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Lonealpha3515 on Nov 10, 2018 wrote:

thank you
That is not normal! Your best chance to sort this out is to contact Support Wizard101.com. They'll help sort it out!

Also, welcome to the message boards!

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
This is typically because you bought such a large amount of crowns at once, or you kept excessively buying the crowns and so KI thought you were somebody using somebody else's credit card.

Administrator
Thank you everyone for helping out on this concern. Good day to you as well Lonealpha3515! As the others have said here, please contact support@wizard101.com and we'll be more than happy to help you resolve this concern.