Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unlock Open Chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 11, 2017
I payed for a few months of this game and I can't even type in two, three, four, five, etc? Am I being trolled? It said I have to make a purchase, yet I bought all the time I'm willing to pay for already. Please make it so I can at least discuss in game strategy without having to pay again or else I do not see myself renewing a membership for a game with a broken chat system.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
thegreatestwizardo... on Nov 8, 2018 wrote:
I payed for a few months of this game and I can't even type in two, three, four, five, etc? Am I being trolled? It said I have to make a purchase, yet I bought all the time I'm willing to pay for already. Please make it so I can at least discuss in game strategy without having to pay again or else I do not see myself renewing a membership for a game with a broken chat system.
To access open chat the player must be over 18 and have made a payment with a credit or debit card. When those two things apply to an account the option for open chat will become available. It does not default to open chat, we must select it through the settings when we log into the website.

Unfortunately, because some players have misused numbers in game - eg giving out their phone number - numbers are not able to be said or heard in text chat. This is to protect younger players and if they have to go around the filters to give out personal information it serves as a reminder they are breaking the rules.

Talking around the filter is against the terms of use, but I have never heard of KI enforcing this when it comes to saying something like 'hit on round tree'. It's irritating not to be able to use numbers but they were removed from text chat because children were misusing it and needed to be protected from making this potentially dangerous mistake.

I hope this helps!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Open chat does not unlock automatically. You have to do that in the settings and then only if your account is verified as being owned by someone over 18.

It's not that the chat system is broken it's what KI has to do the comply with COPPA laws. Children cannot be allowed to divulge any kind of information about themselves, ages, birthdates, addresses, etc.

So KI has banned ALL numbers (roman and spelled out) from normal chat.

Hope this helps.

Steven Ghoststalker

Administrator
thegreatestwizardo... on Nov 8, 2018 wrote:
Hi thegreatestwizardo!

Please email our support team at support@wizard101.com and we'll be able to check your account here.