Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

second chance chest duplicates

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
It would be nice if Kings Isle actually read and took in some of the ideas about loot distribution practices this company seems to have adopted. It feels miserable after awhile that when we decide to take a chance on these chests that we don't feel like we were ripped off after we received the same item three or four times in a row day afrter day. Why would a second chance chest keep awarding me a morganthe death amulet four times over two days when I was seeking a fire or storm amulet using four different wizards.

You as a company take in 5000 crowns and give absolutely nothing on the hope of not getting ripped off again and again.

Take in the suggestion for once and look at the methods of distribution. QUIT making the game frustrating for everybody. PLEASE!!!

Explorer
Feb 21, 2010
On my fire wizard, I roll on this chest 4 times and each time I get balance, myth, and ice gear across all 4 rolls. Why would you allow any possible rolls for ANY wizards that weren't the current wizard. That is deceiving programming at its best. great job for implementing a great deception. Jumping up and down just doesn't seem satisfying for the fraud this seems to be.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
personally i think the loot in the chests and the daily quests chests are not worth it. halloween for example, some really cool stuff could be in the daily quest chest like devil horn hairpiece or any other different numerous items but instead the most you can hope for is a cobweb rug or useless stuff that can be purchased in bazaar

Explorer
Feb 21, 2010
Let me see if I can take a stab at this issue that might prompt something.

As a company, I am sure you have these chest all laid out in a spreadsheet somewhere and have trended the results of peoples spending habits.

Have you ever considered trying to reward effort using a second chance roll that wasn't diluted with other wizard classes other than the wizard class that's actually rolling. If you limited the roll data to stuff that was actually needed as you took your loyal players money, would that then prompt them to want to exit the game faster or give their playing experience a shorter life? What do the trends say.
obviously it works in your favor if all you do is keep rewarding duplicates, triplicates and greater when they are seeking one or two items but wouldn't you then be nothing more than a charlatan hiding behind deceptive reward practice's.

Honesty begets honesty. you give them an honest roll and stop giving them other wizards gear and limit duplicates somewhat and they will come back and keep rolling on other items.

Yes, they will still roll under your current system but each time you scam them, they just curse you all the more for each roll that just gave them useless garbage or more duplicates. Do you as a company to put something like that in writing so it can then be read by the whole community and you as that company are ok with that?