Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Player House Fishing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2012
Hi there, everyone! I've been doing a lot of research on the W101 Wiki about reagents for crafting and other things and I noticed the mention of unique catchable treasure chests depending on the house you're fishing at.

First of all, I have two houses. The Island Getaway and the Desert Villa. I don't think I'm able to fish at the Island Getaway, but I do remember seeing some in the villa- So I wanted to ask, is there any rare chances of catching something cool at the Desert Villa?

And secondly, I've taken an interest in the Trumpet Vines. Even the basic one is pretty cool with its Myth treasure cards, but I read that you have a chance of catching Silver Trumpet Vines in fishing chests at the houses of Balance and Storm. I didn't want to buy these properties blindly, so I went in for a preview first but I can't find the fishing spots anywhere. Do I need to buy these houses to enable the fishing?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Honestly, you don't need to buy any houses for fishing. Just head to the Castle Tours in the Wizard City Commons and visit any house you like. If there's fish to be caught in any house, you can catch them - even if it's not your own house.

As for the Desert Villa, there is no fishing there. I'm not sure there is fish at the Island Getaway, either, even though it is a crowns house. The only crown shop houses that do have fish are the school-based ones. (Note that you can buy the school-based houses for gold as well as crowns. They'll cost you 100,000 gold.)

Happy fishing!

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
May 24, 2012
Freshta on Oct 22, 2018 wrote:
Honestly, you don't need to buy any houses for fishing. Just head to the Castle Tours in the Wizard City Commons and visit any house you like. If there's fish to be caught in any house, you can catch them - even if it's not your own house.

As for the Desert Villa, there is no fishing there. I'm not sure there is fish at the Island Getaway, either, even though it is a crowns house. The only crown shop houses that do have fish are the school-based ones. (Note that you can buy the school-based houses for gold as well as crowns. They'll cost you 100,000 gold.)

Happy fishing!

Alia Misthaven
Thanks Alia.. But that's why I was asking. I did a tour of the Balance and Storm houses, where you're supposedly able to fish, but I couldn't find the fishing spots.

Admittedly, I didn't try very hard. But I did look into the alleged fishing area in the Storm house; they said "either side of the cliffs near the entrance to the house" and I wasn't able to fish there during the preview. Did you mean something else by this?
Honestly, you don't need to buy any houses for fishing. Just head to the Castle Tours in the Wizard City Commons and visit any house you like.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
SkyPony2017 on Oct 30, 2018 wrote:
Thanks Alia.. But that's why I was asking. I did a tour of the Balance and Storm houses, where you're supposedly able to fish, but I couldn't find the fishing spots.

Admittedly, I didn't try very hard. But I did look into the alleged fishing area in the Storm house; they said "either side of the cliffs near the entrance to the house" and I wasn't able to fish there during the preview. Did you mean something else by this?
Honestly, you don't need to buy any houses for fishing. Just head to the Castle Tours in the Wizard City Commons and visit any house you like.
We can't go fishing during a preview. What Alia was saying about visiting Castle Tours is referring to visiting other wizard's homes.

In the Wizard City Commons, look at Zeke. The house to his right has Castle Tours inside. Go through the front door and speak to Myrella Windspar, the NPC to the left. Select 'Visit Castle', then 'Top Rated'. This gives us a list of categories and we can search through them looking for the type of house we want to go fishing in. When you find what you want Just click on it and you'll be transported to the house

PS:

Myrella Windspar also allows us to add our own houses to tours, filter the houses on tours so we only see those belonging to our friends, and visit new houses added to rate them

Eliza Windspar (NPC to the right) lets us see a list of houses that have active games going on in them. She shows us the house, game and house owner's name. If we click on one we are transported to that house to join in the fun!

When visiting a house through Castle Tours we can leave any time by clicking the Commons button and it will return us to the Castle Tours house with the NPCs

Survivor
May 24, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on Nov 1, 2018 wrote:
We can't go fishing during a preview. What Alia was saying about visiting Castle Tours is referring to visiting other wizard's homes.

In the Wizard City Commons, look at Zeke. The house to his right has Castle Tours inside. Go through the front door and speak to Myrella Windspar, the NPC to the left. Select 'Visit Castle', then 'Top Rated'. This gives us a list of categories and we can search through them looking for the type of house we want to go fishing in. When you find what you want Just click on it and you'll be transported to the house

PS:

Myrella Windspar also allows us to add our own houses to tours, filter the houses on tours so we only see those belonging to our friends, and visit new houses added to rate them

Eliza Windspar (NPC to the right) lets us see a list of houses that have active games going on in them. She shows us the house, game and house owner's name. If we click on one we are transported to that house to join in the fun!

When visiting a house through Castle Tours we can leave any time by clicking the Commons button and it will return us to the Castle Tours house with the NPCs
Heck yeah! Thanks for the super informative reply, my dude. I still need to renew my W101 account (one day late ), but then I might try this!

I feel bad for having such a short response to your large and immensely helpful reply, but let me just thank you again. I really appreciate this!

But then again.. I wouldn't mind buying one of the aforementioned houses myself. I just wanted to verify that they do indeed have fishing spots.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
YES Both the storm house and the balance house have fishing. At the storm house go to the edge of the water between the cliffs. It is the opposite direction of the house so once you get off the teleporter, go down the steps, and turn around. The water splashes up and one gets very wet fishing there. At the balance house go a bit in and before you get to the house veer right and the fishing spot is over there. There is no fishing at Desert Villa or Island Getaway.

Have fun fishing!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
SkyPony2017 on Nov 5, 2018 wrote:
Heck yeah! Thanks for the super informative reply, my dude. I still need to renew my W101 account (one day late ), but then I might try this!

I feel bad for having such a short response to your large and immensely helpful reply, but let me just thank you again. I really appreciate this!

But then again.. I wouldn't mind buying one of the aforementioned houses myself. I just wanted to verify that they do indeed have fishing spots.
Castle Tours is in the Commons and you can use it without membership!

It's also good for getting the freebies from things in the houses. You can get a free gift every 24 hours just for interacting with them!

Aberrant Carnivorous Plant ~ Botanical Gardens
Bountiful Cart ~ Bountiful Mine
Cargo Crate ~ Polarian Shipwreck
Cauldron ~ Battlemage Keep
Dragonfly Ride ~ Amber Estate (you also get to fly on the dragonfly which is cool haha)
Dromel Merchant ~ Nomad's Camp
Giant Gorilla ~ The Sun Palace
Great Moodha Statue ~ Shinobi Dojo
Horn Of Plenty ~ Winter Wind Tower
Lost & Found ~ Castaway's Bungalow
Magic Eggs ~ Magic Treehouse (you'll have to find one in someone's house)
Magic Lamp ~ Sultan's Palace
Pioneer Dragon ~ Outlaw's Refuge
Sarcophagus ~ Darkmoor Manor
The Minotaur ~ The Acropolis (you need to do the maze to get to him!)
Treasure Chest ~ Fantastic Fish Bowl (you'll have to find this item in someone's house)

It's also good for finding house gauntlets. Some need you to be friends with the owner but Winterbane Hall and the Midnight Sun Pagoda let anyone enter

Others to look out for (you'll need the owner to add you):
Spiral Cup Gauntlet, Fantastic Voyage Expedition, Grand Tourney Arena and The Accursed Play Gauntlet.

Survivor
May 24, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on Nov 6, 2018 wrote:
Castle Tours is in the Commons and you can use it without membership!

It's also good for getting the freebies from things in the houses. You can get a free gift every 24 hours just for interacting with them!

Aberrant Carnivorous Plant ~ Botanical Gardens
Bountiful Cart ~ Bountiful Mine
Cargo Crate ~ Polarian Shipwreck
Cauldron ~ Battlemage Keep
Dragonfly Ride ~ Amber Estate (you also get to fly on the dragonfly which is cool haha)
Dromel Merchant ~ Nomad's Camp
Giant Gorilla ~ The Sun Palace
Great Moodha Statue ~ Shinobi Dojo
Horn Of Plenty ~ Winter Wind Tower
Lost & Found ~ Castaway's Bungalow
Magic Eggs ~ Magic Treehouse (you'll have to find one in someone's house)
Magic Lamp ~ Sultan's Palace
Pioneer Dragon ~ Outlaw's Refuge
Sarcophagus ~ Darkmoor Manor
The Minotaur ~ The Acropolis (you need to do the maze to get to him!)
Treasure Chest ~ Fantastic Fish Bowl (you'll have to find this item in someone's house)

It's also good for finding house gauntlets. Some need you to be friends with the owner but Winterbane Hall and the Midnight Sun Pagoda let anyone enter

Others to look out for (you'll need the owner to add you):
Spiral Cup Gauntlet, Fantastic Voyage Expedition, Grand Tourney Arena and The Accursed Play Gauntlet.
Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Thank you again so much, guys. I wanted to renew my membership anyway because my wizard is all the way in Celestia now, but it's pretty cool to know I could partake in the house tours without membership. That opens a lot of new doors (haha, pun intended) for what a player can do without membership. I always thought the game seemed a bit too limited in what non-members are able to do but that's a really cool insight.

And thanks for the cheat sheet, Victoria. x3 I might just have to keep this thread in my favourites now.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
Unfortunately there are a couple items on your list Victoria FireHeart that aren't available to people visiting from castle tours (think there may be an exception if you are friends with the house owner).

Bountiful Cart in Bountiful Mine
Great Moodha Stature in Sinobi Dojo

One other housing item you didn't list, that again castle tours folks can't access, is the Private Fishing Retreat. All three I listed are housing items you can find in a player's house, not houses by themselves.

Other than those you've got a great list. I often send my wizards on the rounds for goodies, a few of those are good for keeping pet snacks on hand.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Just Another Pirat... on Dec 7, 2018 wrote:
Unfortunately there are a couple items on your list Victoria FireHeart that aren't available to people visiting from castle tours (think there may be an exception if you are friends with the house owner).

Bountiful Cart in Bountiful Mine
Great Moodha Stature in Sinobi Dojo

One other housing item you didn't list, that again castle tours folks can't access, is the Private Fishing Retreat. All three I listed are housing items you can find in a player's house, not houses by themselves.

Other than those you've got a great list. I often send my wizards on the rounds for goodies, a few of those are good for keeping pet snacks on hand.
Well spotted!

Yes there are a couple of things where you will need to be friends with the owner but these can still be accessed regardless of membership status through housing tours. If we select to visit a friend's castle we can see the ones our friends have added.

The Bountiful Mine, Shinobi Dojo and Private Fishing Retreat can all be ported into even if we're not friends with the owner - as long as someone we know is inside already or will go in for us to port to them

Unfortunately some of the house gauntlets (where we have to earn the rewards through battles) can't be accessed even through porting so we MUST be friends with the owner and so must our entire team. I really wish they would open them to everyone visiting or at least extend it to friends-of-friends too.

I don't have all the items/gauntlets but I'm happy to add anyone wanting to access The Spiral Cup or Grand Tourney Arena if we can find a convenient time to meet up. I can also port people into the Private Fishing Retreat for the exclusive Rainbow Trout but can't add them to that wizard because her list is full. LMK if you want to fish or farm these some time and we can sort it out

PS. Technically I could port people into the Shinobi Dojo or Bountiful Mine but I don't want to be used as a teleport just for quick freebies every day! I am yet to get the Fantastic Voyage and Accursed Play gauntlets.