Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welp

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 09, 2018
The scions are cool, but it makes storm completely broken in PvP. It'll do double damage if the target is above 75% of their health, and even though it's 12 pips, there really isn't a counter for it other than mana burn. You can shield, but if it can do like 20k damage with one blade, and most storms have like 25% pierce, that -70% shield isn't really gonna get you that far in the long run. If the storm scion does 20k and you have a shield that gets reduced to 45% and have, say, 40% resist, that will bring it down to roughly 5-6k damage. Won't be an instant kill then, I suppose, but if they have an attack to back it right up then it's game over.

Just my thoughts on the matter. Otherwise, test realm's looking good.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
JewelKI on Oct 19, 2018 wrote:
The scions are cool, but it makes storm completely broken in PvP. It'll do double damage if the target is above 75% of their health, and even though it's 12 pips, there really isn't a counter for it other than mana burn. You can shield, but if it can do like 20k damage with one blade, and most storms have like 25% pierce, that -70% shield isn't really gonna get you that far in the long run. If the storm scion does 20k and you have a shield that gets reduced to 45% and have, say, 40% resist, that will bring it down to roughly 5-6k damage. Won't be an instant kill then, I suppose, but if they have an attack to back it right up then it's game over.

Just my thoughts on the matter. Otherwise, test realm's looking good.
I'll just focus on the Storm scion spell.

I thought about it and I think it's fine the way it is... Storm is one of the worst schools to do PvP on at level 125, and I think the scion spell will help it at level 130. I'm gonna do the math here and explain it.

An enchanted attack with the double damage boost is 3360, and since most Storms have 150% damage, that'll bring the damage up to 8400 (3360*2.5). That multiplied by the 30% critical boost in PvP raises the number to 10920. With a 30% blade the damage goes up to 14196.

As for shields, if a person has 25% pierce and you cast a 70% shield, that'll mitigate the damage down (14196*.55)= 7808. Adding a tower shield will bring it down to (7808*.5)=3904, which is around half of the health that a 130 person will have.

I think the spell is fine, because the math here was done with the assumption that the attack is a critical, and because a person can remove a large amount of the damage with two shields. I know that a person can simply get more pierce with Shadow Shrike, and then they'll have the ability to one-shot the opponent, but maybe this is what Storm needs since it's one of the worst schools to do PvP on at max level?

I think we'll just have to wait and see how this affects Storm's standing in max level PvP. I don't think it'll help Storms against Balance Wizards, but it may allow them to reliably defeat Ice Wizards.

I don't think it needs a change.