Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

gold, bank, shared bank problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
So this is how it goes, I have too much gold,my bag is full, my bank is full, and shared bank is full, I have 3 houses all full. I have full expansions on everything.Including gem vaults and gear vaults (because I have to put the stuff somewhere KI wont let me sell anything if gold is full.)

I have this problem on 6 wizards what does KI expect us to do?
Why limit us so much? What does it matter to them how much gold we have? why do they dictate how much of anything we can have?
It's our money that is used to play the game and buy crowns and yet they put limits on what our hard earned money can have. Sorry I just don't get it

Defender
Mar 12, 2018
pawpaws on Oct 17, 2018 wrote:
So this is how it goes, I have too much gold,my bag is full, my bank is full, and shared bank is full, I have 3 houses all full. I have full expansions on everything.Including gem vaults and gear vaults (because I have to put the stuff somewhere KI wont let me sell anything if gold is full.)

Why limit us so much? What does it matter to them how much gold we have? why do they dictate how much of anything we can have?
It's our money that is used to play the game and buy crowns and yet they put limits on what our hard earned money can have. Sorry I just don't get it
Hello Pawpaws!

I have had this problem before, there are a few ways to solve it. Usually, the first thing I do is to purchase either pet snacks or reagents to lower my gold on the wizard. These two items stack up to 999 each in the pack or shared bank, so you can store a lot of gold that way. If you want to trade gold off of your wizard to help a friend, you can use the gold to buy treasure cards. Either way, you will gain gold space so that the game will allow you to sell items from your pack itself.

I have never felt the need to keep every single item from the packs I open and drops I get, usually, I will get rid of duplicates at the least unless it's a highly valued item. If I can sell something to the bazaar, 95% of the time I can buy it back, so most things I can sell there I do just to create space.

You can sell crowns items in almost any shop in the shopping district to get rid of duplicates and free up space. In this way, you can turn all of those items into gold storable for when you need it and still have room for fun new drops and be able to keep track of and find the important items you need. I hope this can be of some help to you.

Cheers,
Nathan

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014

I'd like to see the gold level increased because I find myself checking my gold far too frequently. It's tricky to make sure there is enough available for hatches, buying reagents, spells etc but not so much we can't sell drops quickly in bulk to keep questing etc! The comfortable middle ground (where we can just get on with playing instead of managing inventory or gold) doesn't seem broad enough to avoid interruptions.

That said, if you have a lot of gold then you can do some things:

Hatch
Buy useful reagents to store for future crafting projects
Buy reagents that sell for a lot so you can use them when you need a lot of gold suddenly (eg when spells come available)
Buy TC - stuff you use, empowers etc for storing gold for later, useful tc to give away to friends or newer players
Buy any spells you don't have yet - monstrology, fishing, gardening
Buy recipes
Buy mounts or fun things from the crown shop for gold

You could also start a crafting project or decorating project - they can both gobble up gold pretty fast.

I hope this is helpful

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I play 6 wizards on 1 account and it doesn't take long to fill the Shared Bank to 100. You divide 100 by 6, that's 16 items each wizard can place in that bank. Please increase the Shared Bank space.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Oct 18, 2018 wrote:
I'd like to see the gold level increased because I find myself checking my gold far too frequently. It's tricky to make sure there is enough available for hatches, buying reagents, spells etc but not so much we can't sell drops quickly in bulk to keep questing etc! The comfortable middle ground (where we can just get on with playing instead of managing inventory or gold) doesn't seem broad enough to avoid interruptions.

That said, if you have a lot of gold then you can do some things:

Hatch
Buy useful reagents to store for future crafting projects
Buy reagents that sell for a lot so you can use them when you need a lot of gold suddenly (eg when spells come available)
Buy TC - stuff you use, empowers etc for storing gold for later, useful tc to give away to friends or newer players
Buy any spells you don't have yet - monstrology, fishing, gardening
Buy recipes
Buy mounts or fun things from the crown shop for gold

You could also start a crafting project or decorating project - they can both gobble up gold pretty fast.

I hope this is helpful
I've done all that is suggested but I just can't keep up. The shared bank should be larger and we should have a family bank as well and no restriction on how much gold we can carry.(PS there are no longer items in crown shop for gold. you can buy gold for crowns, but no items are available in crown shop for gold anymore)

I feel KI is way too controlling.
I play WoW and Runescape and have never run into these problems in either game. KI needs to give us a little more freedom of what we do with our own money. We pay them good money and yet are so restricted it just gets tiresome.
I quick sell a ton of stuff for bank space then I have too much gold but cant spend it because I just end up with too much stuff again.
I do buy TC just to give away to new players but the cap on tc although it is 999 still fills fast.
Another thing that would help would be to get item drops for the school you are playing. That would reduce the "Junk" greatly
I think with all the new worlds they have added they need to adjust out banking and gold to correspond.
I don't feel as though KI really listens to us.

Administrator
pawpaws on Oct 21, 2018 wrote:
I've done all that is suggested but I just can't keep up. The shared bank should be larger and we should have a family bank as well and no restriction on how much gold we can carry.(PS there are no longer items in crown shop for gold. you can buy gold for crowns, but no items are available in crown shop for gold anymore)

I play WoW and Runescape and have never run into these problems in either game. KI needs to give us a little more freedom of what we do with our own money. We pay them good money and yet are so restricted it just gets tiresome.
I quick sell a ton of stuff for bank space then I have too much gold but cant spend it because I just end up with too much stuff again.
I do buy TC just to give away to new players but the cap on tc although it is 999 still fills fast.
Another thing that would help would be to get item drops for the school you are playing. That would reduce the "Junk" greatly
I think with all the new worlds they have added they need to adjust out banking and gold to correspond.
We try our best! There's lots of feedback, so sometimes we may miss topics. Glad you posted here for us to see!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
pawpaws on Oct 21, 2018 wrote:

I understand your frustration but there are some wee things you've said that don't add up. There definitely ARE things available for gold in the crown shop - everything can be bought for crowns but some things are also available for gold if we click the 'gold' tab under the picture. This will show everything available for gold in the left hand list but must be redone for any new tab we go to. There are definitely still mounts etc for gold...I checked just in case it had changed and not been noticed elsewhere yet!

Also, I am unsure how if you are doing everything listed how you can still have excessive gold and no storage. I will suggest another thing though (I don't think it has been said before) and reiterate another (that has been said). Reiteration: sell everything to the bazaar that can be sold - if it can be sold, it can be bought - this will free up tons of inventory space. Also sell all duplicates or under-level gear that is no-auction to vendors or via quick sell.

Extra idea: create another wizard account on free-to-play to hold your empowers that you have bought for gold storage if you do not have space to hold them all or people to gift them to.

I agree that the gold limit would be much better were it increased...also for all storage...yes EVERY type of storage! However, I do think that if we try not to heard items of little/no value and replace them (using gold) with higher value items, we can manage these issues while we wait for a more permanent solution.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
PS. If you're really so flush with gold (I get the same) one of the most enjoyable things I do is 'Fun Trolling'

I go to the Oasis or Northguard and watch out for new wizards who do not have a perm mount yet. Then I ask them (by name) for help. If they stop to help me (in my noob gear and not looking OP - just take off your gear if you haven't stitched to look new enough!) then I confess to them that I don't really need help, I am there to help them! "Where is your perm mount?", oh they don't have one yet...explain how they can get one for gold in the crown shop then gift them the TC to do it - 113 empowers is enough at minimum sell price to buy ANY perm mount for gold!

They'll be so happy and they'll enjoy their questing more...and also love the W101 community even more too! It makes their day or even their week! You might have to talk them through how to do it and get them to mark their location so they can get back to questing asap after the bazaar, but seeing them jumping about on their Bengal Tiger etc is so nice

We don't even need to check if they'll stop to help if we just want to 'quick help'. We can extend it to 'Do you have any houses yet?' if we meet someone we're enjoying helping - 157 empowers at minimum sell price will pay for a Red Barn Farm!

I hope this helps

Champion
Feb 06, 2010

Greeting my dear friend, I too have had this same problem for a long time!

This is an MMO and indeed what do they expect? But I suppose there comes a time where "enough is enough" I guess...

Your welcome to read the thread I wrote last year here. It is pretty much the same thing!

Explorer
Jun 01, 2014
Uhh, how about you not be a packrat and sell the items. Simple. Sell in bazaar or let the pet eat them. Buy pet snacks for training and such. In pirate101, you can buy expand bank elixir and stuff

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Oct 21, 2018 wrote:
I understand your frustration but there are some wee things you've said that don't add up. There definitely ARE things available for gold in the crown shop - everything can be bought for crowns but some things are also available for gold if we click the 'gold' tab under the picture. This will show everything available for gold in the left hand list but must be redone for any new tab we go to. There are definitely still mounts etc for gold...I checked just in case it had changed and not been noticed elsewhere yet!

Also, I am unsure how if you are doing everything listed how you can still have excessive gold and no storage. I will suggest another thing though (I don't think it has been said before) and reiterate another (that has been said). Reiteration: sell everything to the bazaar that can be sold - if it can be sold, it can be bought - this will free up tons of inventory space. Also sell all duplicates or under-level gear that is no-auction to vendors or via quick sell.

Extra idea: create another wizard account on free-to-play to hold your empowers that you have bought for gold storage if you do not have space to hold them all or people to gift them to.

I agree that the gold limit would be much better were it increased...also for all storage...yes EVERY type of storage! However, I do think that if we try not to heard items of little/no value and replace them (using gold) with higher value items, we can manage these issues while we wait for a more permanent solution.
I have looked and looked again! there is nothing in the crown shop for gold anymore the gold symbol you speak of is greyed out.
I can sell a lot of item using quick sell for "0"gold when I am flush with money to help get rid of junk or items I know I will never use and conserve bank space etc.
I don't understand your comment : Extra idea: create another wizard account on free-to-play to hold your empowers that you have bought for gold storage if you do not have space to hold them all or people to gift them to.
you can only gift crown items and you can't get them back, why spend crowns to sit in a non-played account? or on a stranger? as I said I buy up a lot of TC and give them away because they are the only face to face player tradable item now.
I'm sorry you don't believe what I say but that is your right. I have been playing since 2009 (with some missed time in between here and there). So yeah I have tried everything. And am just tired of spending my play time getting rid of gold and items. Maybe if the game were set to drop matching school items this junk problem would decrease, no mater which wiz I am on I never get drops for that school

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
pawpaws on Oct 27, 2018 wrote:
I have looked and looked again! there is nothing in the crown shop for gold anymore the gold symbol you speak of is greyed out.
I can sell a lot of item using quick sell for "0"gold when I am flush with money to help get rid of junk or items I know I will never use and conserve bank space etc.
I don't understand your comment : Extra idea: create another wizard account on free-to-play to hold your empowers that you have bought for gold storage if you do not have space to hold them all or people to gift them to.
you can only gift crown items and you can't get them back, why spend crowns to sit in a non-played account? or on a stranger? as I said I buy up a lot of TC and give them away because they are the only face to face player tradable item now.
I'm sorry you don't believe what I say but that is your right. I have been playing since 2009 (with some missed time in between here and there). So yeah I have tried everything. And am just tired of spending my play time getting rid of gold and items. Maybe if the game were set to drop matching school items this junk problem would decrease, no mater which wiz I am on I never get drops for that school
pawpaws ~ Oh no! I am so sorry it sounded like I didn't believe you! When I said there were things don't add up I didn't mean with you, I meant about the situation! You're unable to buy things for gold in the crown shop, but I can - that doesn't add up and we need to find out what's going wrong so you can buy them too. Also with 3 houses if we're selling everything that we can in the bazaar, plus all duplicates of crown/no-auction things I'm not sure how we can run out of inventory space - with 6 wizards with 3 houses we can store 4200 items in gear vaults, 600 in our banks, 100 in the shared bank and still have some in our backpacks.

Where I said 'If you're really so flush with gold...' the 'really' was intended as emphasis on the 'so flush with gold' not as questioning of your integrity...that's why I stipulated that it sometimes happens to me too! I added the additional, unlimited solution of making a secondary TC storage account. This makes it impossible to be in the situation of having too much gold to be able to sell things and allows us to keep some of the gold for big purchases later or gifting to others when we have time.

I'm sorry I expressed myself badly and as I said, I understand your frustration and have been there myself too!

So, to explain the things you've said you don't understand:

1. We can't trade TC between our own wizards and can only store 999 per wizard. By making a second account we can trade between our wizards and store 999 TC per wizard on the second account. One account can hold 5994 TC without effort...if we buy tons of decks with the highest TC space we can fill those as well! 80 slots holding a deck with 36 side deck space is brings the total TC storage of 1 wizard to 3879...total of 23,274 TC on just one account!

2. The crown shop - we need to click 'gold' on an item that can be bought for gold to see them all change. It's only grey on crown-only purchases. Try it on the perm bengal tiger mount and see them change!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Victoria FireHeart on Oct 21, 2018 wrote:
PS. If you're really so flush with gold (I get the same) one of the most enjoyable things I do is 'Fun Trolling'

I go to the Oasis or Northguard and watch out for new wizards who do not have a perm mount yet. Then I ask them (by name) for help. If they stop to help me (in my noob gear and not looking OP - just take off your gear if you haven't stitched to look new enough!) then I confess to them that I don't really need help, I am there to help them! "Where is your perm mount?", oh they don't have one yet...explain how they can get one for gold in the crown shop then gift them the TC to do it - 113 empowers is enough at minimum sell price to buy ANY perm mount for gold!

They'll be so happy and they'll enjoy their questing more...and also love the W101 community even more too! It makes their day or even their week! You might have to talk them through how to do it and get them to mark their location so they can get back to questing asap after the bazaar, but seeing them jumping about on their Bengal Tiger etc is so nice

We don't even need to check if they'll stop to help if we just want to 'quick help'. We can extend it to 'Do you have any houses yet?' if we meet someone we're enjoying helping - 157 empowers at minimum sell price will pay for a Red Barn Farm!

I hope this helps
This sounds like a great idea.

I will start doing this.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
I have 6 wiz level 85-105 on one account and I also have 2 other accounts, one which has a level 105 life wizard and the other a level 105 ice, so basically I have my own team lol.These other 2 accounts also have 5 level 3 wiz. for banks. I do sell my unwanted crown items (which hurts because the items cost a lot of real $ ) I have so many mounts I cant count them all, and 24 houses across the 3 accounts, housing items is a good way to get rid of extra gold and the attic helps.

These new "Vaults" are just another way to get us to spend real world $ on crowns rather than just giving us more space. I have all the different vaults in most of my houses because as I mentioned earlier with so many high level wizards still growing up it's hard to quick sell crown Items that a different wizard can use in the future. Like my level 105 Balance buying a bundle but she gets death, fire whatever, items that she cant use but they can use later as the grow. So yes this can make a player a hoarder.(and confused because I don't remember who is hording for who lol)
Right now to get rid of gold I am breeding my pets (dang I have a lot of pets and poor luck with hatching, so many duplicates).
Anyway, My feeling stands KI should give us more banks space, and a family bank to boot.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
pawpaws on Nov 7, 2018 wrote:
I have 6 wiz level 85-105 on one account and I also have 2 other accounts, one which has a level 105 life wizard and the other a level 105 ice, so basically I have my own team lol.These other 2 accounts also have 5 level 3 wiz. for banks. I do sell my unwanted crown items (which hurts because the items cost a lot of real $ ) I have so many mounts I cant count them all, and 24 houses across the 3 accounts, housing items is a good way to get rid of extra gold and the attic helps.

These new "Vaults" are just another way to get us to spend real world $ on crowns rather than just giving us more space. I have all the different vaults in most of my houses because as I mentioned earlier with so many high level wizards still growing up it's hard to quick sell crown Items that a different wizard can use in the future. Like my level 105 Balance buying a bundle but she gets death, fire whatever, items that she cant use but they can use later as the grow. So yes this can make a player a hoarder.(and confused because I don't remember who is hording for who lol)
Right now to get rid of gold I am breeding my pets (dang I have a lot of pets and poor luck with hatching, so many duplicates).
Anyway, My feeling stands KI should give us more banks space, and a family bank to boot.
We can pass houses through the shared bank. The level 15 requirement is for buying castles for gold and does not apply to buying a castle for crowns or removing any castle from the shared bank.

Crafting can be started at level 2 and quests are only level locked after Celestia. Doing 3 crafting quests brings you to Initiate crafter, the level required to buy the gear vault recipe. As you have multiple accounts porting to the quests will be easy. The reagents required for these crafting quests are basic and crafting the gear vaults is easy...especially as you have plenty of gold for the reshuffles. There is never any need to pay crowns for gear vaults, seed banks or jewel vaults...they can all be crafted.

Total reagents needed for crafting quests to Initiate Crafter:

8 Black Coal
4 Cat Tails
4 Citrine
10 Deep Mushroom
16 Glass Vials
16 Jade
24 Mist Wood
8 Parchment
2 Rubies
4 Sapphires
32 Scrap Iron