Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell Proof Jewel on Pet that already has Proof?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I have an ultra pet that gives me spell defy and spell proof as a trait and also has a space for a star jewel?

Can I put a spell defy or spell proof jewel in that slot and get double spell defy or double spell proof on that pet?

Someone told me that's not possible.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You can't place any jewel that duplicates a talent your pet has already learned. If you pet knows Spell Proof, you won't be able to add a spell proof jewel. It will literally tell you that you can't add that jewel.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Liam Swiftwalker on Oct 8, 2018 wrote:
I have an ultra pet that gives me spell defy and spell proof as a trait and also has a space for a star jewel?

Can I put a spell defy or spell proof jewel in that slot and get double spell defy or double spell proof on that pet?

Someone told me that's not possible.
No no no! Don't waste your jewel!

I'm not sure if it allows us to jewel something that has already manifested but it might because we can jewel some things at ancient then train further, only to find the next talent is the same as the jewel. When that happens the jewel is cancelled out and doesn't add anything; the manifested talent over-rides it.

If we can jewel something that's already manifested in the pool then it won't add anything more...and you will have to shatter it to replace it with something else!

Congrats on getting double universal resist to manifest - they will certainly help your wizard

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
If you have the talent already, you can't add the jewel. If you add the jewel, then unlock the talent, the jewel stops working. So it's generally better to train before socketing.

If you have proof and defy manifested (congrats!) you might consider adding a stat-boosting "selfish" talent such as Mighty, which will increase their resistance, and any damage boosting talents.