Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Increase consecutive bought pack's rarity odds

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
I recently bought a bunch of crowns thanks to the sale that happened when I post this. I finally bought all the cool stuff I wanted and decided to spend the rest in the Hoard of the Hydra packs, hoping to get the awesome mount.

I know I shouldn't expect anything out of it, knew that I'm not entitled to owning anything after opening around 100 packs, and knew fully well that the mounts are the rarest of any pack. However, it did bite a large chunk out of my bank and I just stopped.

I do wish that if you buy the packs in a row the odds should, even slightly, go up in your favor if you are willing to pay that many crowns for it. I do get that that would take some fun out of the reward of being the very few that owns it but still.

Oh, or if you do certain activities, like the daily objectives, the final day can increase your rarity odds in packs.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
I like the idea of upping the odds by amount of packs purchased or consecutive daily assignments or years of subscribing to a membership. I would purchase far more packs if I thought I might actually get a more rare desired item. As it is now I seldom buy more than 5 to 10 of a specific pack. I figure the odds are the same - so why waste anymore crowns. I have the crowns, I just don't like wasting them on stuff I feed to my pet, bulk sell, or just trash - not worth my time running to the bazaar to sell the unwanted items.
Rowan Story Dreamer level 120 life - constant annual member for 10 years.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
micah12x on Oct 7, 2018 wrote:
I recently bought a bunch of crowns thanks to the sale that happened when I post this. I finally bought all the cool stuff I wanted and decided to spend the rest in the Hoard of the Hydra packs, hoping to get the awesome mount.

I know I shouldn't expect anything out of it, knew that I'm not entitled to owning anything after opening around 100 packs, and knew fully well that the mounts are the rarest of any pack. However, it did bite a large chunk out of my bank and I just stopped.

I do wish that if you buy the packs in a row the odds should, even slightly, go up in your favor if you are willing to pay that many crowns for it. I do get that that would take some fun out of the reward of being the very few that owns it but still.

Oh, or if you do certain activities, like the daily objectives, the final day can increase your rarity odds in packs.
Check the gear you got!!! That pack also drops the very nice Pixie Encanta energy set too...hopefully you got some of it at least or maybe even a full set or more!

Every wizard enjoys a wee energy boost for their fishing, gardening and pet training. If you haven't tried these yet then give them a go, they're a lot of fun

Sorry you didn't get the hydra though...I made the same mistake when opening those packs too. It was the first pack we ever tried and I had no idea how many it could take to get the top tier drop! I tend to look at what's in a pack now and hope for 2nd tier drops, with the possibility of the 1st tier. It was a tough lesson and I understand how you feel!

Having been playing for a while now, I can honestly say that I have had some really nice luck with some packs though so it might just have been bad luck....which doesn't make it any easier right now...but over time and playing etc you'll also get plenty of really good luck too

I would love for the Daily Assignments to offer a pack here and there. Perhaps day 15...perhaps once a week? I do them occasionally but the reward is quite small so I usually skip it instead. During special events I am more likely to do them, but even then I am not dedicated to them. I think an occasional pack drop would definitely make them worth doing more vigilantly!

I really hope you find some lovely energy gear in your loot and win the hydra sometime soon too

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Oct 8, 2018 wrote:
Check the gear you got!!! That pack also drops the very nice Pixie Encanta energy set too...hopefully you got some of it at least or maybe even a full set or more!

Every wizard enjoys a wee energy boost for their fishing, gardening and pet training. If you haven't tried these yet then give them a go, they're a lot of fun

Sorry you didn't get the hydra though...I made the same mistake when opening those packs too. It was the first pack we ever tried and I had no idea how many it could take to get the top tier drop! I tend to look at what's in a pack now and hope for 2nd tier drops, with the possibility of the 1st tier. It was a tough lesson and I understand how you feel!

Having been playing for a while now, I can honestly say that I have had some really nice luck with some packs though so it might just have been bad luck....which doesn't make it any easier right now...but over time and playing etc you'll also get plenty of really good luck too

I would love for the Daily Assignments to offer a pack here and there. Perhaps day 15...perhaps once a week? I do them occasionally but the reward is quite small so I usually skip it instead. During special events I am more likely to do them, but even then I am not dedicated to them. I think an occasional pack drop would definitely make them worth doing more vigilantly!

I really hope you find some lovely energy gear in your loot and win the hydra sometime soon too
I've also been playing for a while, I think a year when the game came out. This is just my first time actually buying packs because I wanted the mount. Luckily I'm not just getting rid and selling what items I got, I used a lot of the housing now and even saved the pixie set, even the matching lute.

But yea I do hope that one day the devs think of a cool way to get the tier 1 items, maybe as a one day event or as a quest reward. Who knows, I just know I'll wait until the next sale on packs are here like in the past.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
micah12x on Oct 10, 2018 wrote:
I've also been playing for a while, I think a year when the game came out. This is just my first time actually buying packs because I wanted the mount. Luckily I'm not just getting rid and selling what items I got, I used a lot of the housing now and even saved the pixie set, even the matching lute.

But yea I do hope that one day the devs think of a cool way to get the tier 1 items, maybe as a one day event or as a quest reward. Who knows, I just know I'll wait until the next sale on packs are here like in the past.
If we're going to spam packs, Pack-A-Palooza is definitely the time to do it and worth waiting for! I hope it comes around quickly and that luck is on your side with every pack!