Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

LvL 90 Fire EQ

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2015
Hello, I am level 91 fire wizard and I am struggling a bit questing in Azteca(almost at the end)

Can anyone recommend me which gear to farm up because I am using a little outdated gear but mobs and bosses don't drop anything better than what I have.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Syotebi on Oct 5, 2018 wrote:
Hello, I am level 91 fire wizard and I am struggling a bit questing in Azteca(almost at the end)

Can anyone recommend me which gear to farm up because I am using a little outdated gear but mobs and bosses don't drop anything better than what I have.
Hiya

Could you post the details of your full gear set please? It's very difficult to give suggestions without knowing what you have already!

We'll do our best to help!

Survivor
Jul 19, 2015
Oh yes, how silly of me to forget to include all of the stats.

Hat: Dalia's smoldering Hairdo Lv 70

Robe: Zeus' Skyforged Plate lv 90

Boots: Dalia's sweltering shoes lv 70

Wand: Rapturerider's Skull Lv 50 ( I like having different Diff school wand hits to remove weaknesses without destroying Fire blades)

Dagger : Wolf's Bronze Claw lv 52 (Socket: + hp48 +6 Fire crit rate +13 Damage +9% Aim)

Amulet: Horizon of underworld charm lv 82 (socket: +14 armor)
Amulet #2 : Exalted Life Amulet

Ring: Alpha and Omega Ring lvl 90 (Socket: +76 HP)

Pet: Mega pet Rock : Maycast Healing current, 64 mana, Maycast Pierce , 5% Fire DMG, Maycast smokescreen (Socket +4% Any Armor)

Deck: Pit Viper's array of venom
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Total stats:
HP 4,604 hp
Damage: 75% Fire damage
Resistence: 12% +14 23%+14 and the rest are 9%+14

Accuratcy: 24% fire

Crit: 31%

Block: 5%
Armor piercing : 11%

Healing out/in : 17 % /20%

Power pip: 93%

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Hi Syobi, this is what I wear.

Flame forged Paladin Helm, Fire forged Paladin Mail, Pyro's bright walkers, Mouse revenant talisman, Mouse knight's loop, Hissars burning cleaver. I've stitched some of this for a certain look, being a girl and all. When you look for gear concentrate on the stats instead of the life number. That was my issue. If you can annihilate your enemy in the first hit you don't need to worry about dying. Now, since you're already lvl 91, go back to the Sun and Star towers (you did the quest to repair them right?) and train your spell that puts the red fog around your feet (I can't remember the name of it), and train Sharpen Blade. You NEED Sharpen Blade. Gather as many blade kinds as you can; school, pet, elemental, balance (if you can find them). If you have to trade out some gear in favor is something with blades attached do that. Then use Sharpen Blade to enhance them 10% each. That will give you one school blade at 30%, and one at 40% and so on. That lets you put up 6 blades to enhance your hits. Now - pets - another of my errors. He's important to you. I have a Sun Serpent (with blades) and he's the best pet I've had as long as I've played this game. Train him up (or her). You may have to go through a couple hatches to get the stats you need from him. Use the kiosk in the pavilion to find your best helper. It's worth it. Wand - don't use a fire wand. You end up breaking your own traps. I'm about to buy an Ice school amulet. (crowns). It lets you keep ice tc cards in your back-up tray and use them without extra pips. I'm out of room. You can do this. Good luck.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Greetings fellow Pryommancer!

Thank-you for posting your gear, it'll help us break down effectively what essentially needs improving.

Now, let's talk

Hat - Knightly Helm available from Lewelyn in Dun Dora, Avalon; it requires crafting. I highly recommend this hat until you're able to craft your level 96 hat from the vendor Kazidan the KeenEye in Khrysalis. Other options include your Basic Waterworks Hat, House of Scales Hat, or the level 90+ hat available from the Hades Battle.

Robe - I recommend crafting the level 84+ robe Guard of the Sun Fire Armor from Maguey Century Cat in Alto Alto, Azteca.
Other options include your WW Robe, House of Scales Robe.
The robe dropped from the Hades Dungeon in Aquila can also work.

Shoes - The fire shoes (Dalia's, the level 90+) is almost perfect! If you've a few crowns, try investing in the Professor Hoard's Pack for results. Otherwise, the one you currently have on is okay. I do know of a few others such as the shoes dropping from the Gulture Hoard Pack that can work also.

Wand - Very important I recommend using the one found in the Roadwarrior's Pack! Specifically, the one giving a boost to and damage. It also comes with a may cast Hephaestus card which can be very useful!
It also adds Peirce which is also important.

Athame - Hands down, the Blade of the Felled Titan is important! Farm Cronus (Tartarus) located in Tartarus Dungeon for it. It's very useful, especially the 15% overall damage it gives!

More coming up.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Continuing...

Deck - Don't worry too much about this now, soon after questing in KH, you should be getting a couple drops of the Case of Engulfing Flames . Use it as your Mob Deck if you're only able to obtain one since you'll be doing a majority of those. - If you need assistance on how to build efficient decks; let us know!

Pet - I can't stress how important a pet is. Judging by your stats, your resistance is feeble. Enemies here in KH enjoy "criticalling" and you can rest assured that you will hardly be blocking. Trust me, a critical Storm Owl or Lord of the Winter hurts!
So, how do you counteract this? By investing in your general resists. Try using the Kiosk in the Pet Pavilion for assistance here. A pet with Power and Resist helps, especially since you already have a Mastery, one with healing capabilities isn't necessary.
Search the pets within the Kiosk.

Amulet - That exalted amulet is perfect! Keep it and if you haven't already, train to Satyr. helps, trust me.
Of course, you won't have the amulet equipped forever, but either this Amulet of Divine Influence or can work.

Please don't hesitate to quiz us on anything,

We're here for you!

Good Luck!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Syotebi on Oct 5, 2018 wrote:
Oh yes, how silly of me to forget to include all of the stats.

Hat: Dalia's smoldering Hairdo Lv 70

Robe: Zeus' Skyforged Plate lv 90

Boots: Dalia's sweltering shoes lv 70

Wand: Rapturerider's Skull Lv 50 ( I like having different Diff school wand hits to remove weaknesses without destroying Fire blades)

Dagger : Wolf's Bronze Claw lv 52 (Socket: + hp48 +6 Fire crit rate +13 Damage +9% Aim)

Amulet: Horizon of underworld charm lv 82 (socket: +14 armor)
Amulet #2 : Exalted Life Amulet

Ring: Alpha and Omega Ring lvl 90 (Socket: +76 HP)

Pet: Mega pet Rock : Maycast Healing current, 64 mana, Maycast Pierce , 5% Fire DMG, Maycast smokescreen (Socket +4% Any Armor)

Deck: Pit Viper's array of venom
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Total stats:
HP 4,604 hp
Damage: 75% Fire damage
Resistence: 12% +14 23%+14 and the rest are 9%+14

Accuratcy: 24% fire

Crit: 31%

Block: 5%
Armor piercing : 11%

Healing out/in : 17 % /20%

Power pip: 93%
Thanks for giving your stats

Ok, this is just what I would do and not intended to be telling you what you should/must do or claiming to be the 'best' thing to do...it's just what I'd do

At level 91 we are so close to 100 where we'll be changing out our gear again I'd go for some quick, easy boosts and a pet that will serve me well after level 100 as well

I'd change out the RaptureRider's Skull wand for the Sky Iron Hasta. I'd lose some critical, block and 3% pierce but gain 10% damage. The overall critical and block stats don't guarantee either so losing a bit isn't a big deal. The pierce is not of value in every battle, but the 10% damage has value in every hit!

I wouldn't worry about the wand hit strategy any more either. At this level removing weaknesses and shields with wand hits is often hindered by feints. Finding them easily can be a pain too. I prefer to have a couple of pierce tc for any particularly nasty shields and dark pact tc for weaknesses. Using dark pact is awesome, we get rid of the weakness by using it to get a cheaper blade! We're not skipping a round, we're still adding damage and it cost less thanks to the weakness...double bonus...and we don't need to worry about feints, plus dark pact is off-school so doesn't cost us our blades

I'm not sure what deck you have but if it doesn't have the triangle socket I'd definitely change it out. If I didn't have one, I'd just buy the Armillary Deck from Sumner Fieldgold in Avalon and add a Clear Pip Opal (+8% power pips) from Jordo Mistborn.

Then I'd make a new pet - Fire Dealer (10%), Fire-Giver (5%), Pain-Giver (5%), Spell-Proof (10% res) and a maycast heal (fairy-friend or energizing battery). I'd jewel it with accuracy, either fire shot (7%) or fire sniper (11%), either will boost accuracy to over 100%.

CONT...

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
...CONT

I can help you make a pet as described. I have some good fire pets and you are very welcome to share them. I can walk you through the process and help you achieve your goals. We can do it either by meeting in game or through the kiosk, whichever suits you

With these changes I'd have lost a bit of critical (-45), a bit of block (-45) and -3% pierce.
I'd have gained +25% damage, +10% universal resist, +7-11% accuracy (full accuracy achieved!), +8% power pips (101% power pips achieved...no more pip fails!).

Alternative for jewels: At level 95 I could change out the accuracy jewel on the dagger for 10% and then free up the deck triangle for pips, freeing up the pet star jewel socket for more damage (fire boon) or more resist (spell-defying). I'd keep my eyes open for nice drops in Khrysalis too

I'd also look to replace the circle jewels with pierce and upgrade health jewels when possible.

Like I said, this is just what I'd do but I hope it helps and gives some ideas. Let me know if you want help making a good pet. I can pop some in the kiosk and list their details if you want