Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making Pirate into AoE

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2018
Hello everyone!

I know this idea has been out there for years from my searches, but I haven't seen anything solid provided as far as a possible change to Death school's lack of an early AoE spell (and yes Life needs one too but I'm favoring Death for this post)

Meteor Strike: 4 Pips 75% accuracy > 305-345 damage
Blizzard: 4 Pips 80% accuracy > 250-290 damage
Humongofrog: 4 Pips 80% accuracy > 265-325 damage
Tempest: X Pips 70% accuracy > damage based on pips **(between 80 and 1120)**{4 pips > 320 damage}

Sandstorm: 4 Pips 85% accuracy > 255-295 damage

Based on the numbers above and the relevant data I could ascertain, there wouldn't be too much of a problem making the 5 Pip spell Skeletal Pirate into an AoE spell with an attack power between 280-320 (no drain, would be too OP too early)

Based on those numbers it would be stronger than Ice and Balance, weaker than Fire and Storm (considering the chance of hitting lower than max) Its damage would be almost on par with Myth, with less of a range {Man, Myth suffers from a large RNG with that gap of 60 between base and max on Humongofrog}

I think the damage is balanced, the animation could just be the sword slash per enemy and it would allow Death school a little more QoL in solo battles vs greater numbers

Please, discuss/criticize (constructive please) this is just to open a dialogue about hopefully working on making a change to a game we all enjoy =)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Damage wise, just make it 280 straight damage. This way, not only is it a low end damage spell, but it's predictable damage. I don't think ANYBODY but KI understands ranged damage & how it works. Please correct me if I'm wrong here. Animation wise, his sword should sweep across all enemies, hitting all enemies at the same time (so the spell isn't long).

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
already has a very useful AoE Deer Knight.

With 5 pips it attacks every enemy and even leaves an Overtime on them.

However, obtaining the spell can prove difficult.

You'll either have to:

Craft it - Recipe available from Grady in The Wyrd.

Farm Loremaster - Can take a long while.

Farm the Knight's Lore Pack (Don't really recommend).

That said, I don't see getting anymore alterations as it relates to an AoE.

However, with Halloween coming up, I would like to see the Headless Horseman spell be easier to obtain (Crafting maybe?)

Good Luck!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Star Edward on Sep 30, 2018 wrote:
already has a very useful AoE Deer Knight.

With 5 pips it attacks every enemy and even leaves an Overtime on them.

However, obtaining the spell can prove difficult.

You'll either have to:

Craft it - Recipe available from Grady in The Wyrd.

Farm Loremaster - Can take a long while.

Farm the Knight's Lore Pack (Don't really recommend).

That said, I don't see getting anymore alterations as it relates to an AoE.

However, with Halloween coming up, I would like to see the Headless Horseman spell be easier to obtain (Crafting maybe?)

Good Luck!

Yes, that's true, but once again, I need to point out that DK is flawed thinking. It IS a great spell, and solves a problem, but only half of it. When "earlier low pip aoe" is talked about, what is wanted is a guaranteed school taught spell like meteor, sandstorm, scarecrow, etc. Deer Knight is NOT guaranteed at low levels. Headless Horseman only hits one foe, so that's not even a consideration.

How would anybody feel if you were told that "we fixed the problem in the game, but it will cost you more money."? That is the definition of Pay to Win. No, this is something that needs to be fixed, for free, with a school taught spell. The ONLY fix to Death's AoE would be a GUARANTEED low pip AoE spell; loremaster & packs arent a viable option because it's never a guarantee. By the time we could craft it, we'd already have Crow, making this whole thing moot. This suggestion is perfect for it.

Even if death's low end AoE only did 200 damage per foe, it would still be a vast improvement. We can still boost it up, but it would still be vastly lacking behind other school. The biggest benefit is the hit all aspect of it. I'll bet if you took a poll, of all death wizards, and asked them if a low pip, early gotten, 200 damage, non-life sap, AoE, they'd all JUMP on it. After all, SOMETHING is better than nothing.

As somebody who has a death character, and to paraphrase a line from a tv show, "I don't mind it being hard. It should be hard...... but it should be a little easier".

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
i'd like the idea for pirate being changed to an aoe but like with life they both need a lower rank aoe spell that isnt from crafting they could weaken certain spells and turn them into aoe but sadly the only places to get the said low rank aoe spells for both is the kookaburra pet for life and the death eye for a death frog spell which is a low rank death aoe

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
iouman2013 on Oct 4, 2018 wrote:
i'd like the idea for pirate being changed to an aoe but like with life they both need a lower rank aoe spell that isnt from crafting they could weaken certain spells and turn them into aoe but sadly the only places to get the said low rank aoe spells for both is the kookaburra pet for life and the death eye for a death frog spell which is a low rank death aoe

As i recall, and this could just be rumor or 100% false, but I heard that Seraph was supposed to be life's first AoE. Now, take this with a grain of salt as I don't think I heard that from KI specifically.