Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deleting Characters and the 7th Slot

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 24, 2012
Hello, I purpose an idea.
Instead of alacadabra as the deletion code, why not make it the master password (or have an option to set it to it) I think it would be useful so that for people, like me, who has family members coming on my account when they are bored, decide to delete a character. just a thought :p

Also Another thing,
I know, I know everyone wants a 7th character slot and we haven't gotten it. Well What if they allowed us to buy it like other RPG games allowed. Which I know people are also like "Well i don't have the extra funds to buy this slot" Well at the moment you may not but if someone has 6 characters already that person probably has dedicated enough time and money into the game to scrap up money for that extra slot.
Now the pricing of it. I wouldn't put it past KI to make the price 5k Crowns or more. But honestly it shouldn't be more than 10k. And KI I know you can make the extra money by getting people to make another account and buy membership on that, but honestly I think people would enjoy it more if they added the extra slot. Not many people would go through the pain of paying another 60+ dollars on another account just to play the last school of a storyline they have already played...

(I currently don't have 6 characters however I am getting close and I don't want to make another account for a myth)

Thank you for your time

Survivor
Jan 04, 2018
While I can see a benefit to those who account share, the logical answer is, well, NOT to do that. Keep your password your own, and encourage your friends or family members to create new accounts. If you can't trust them not to delete your hard work, I'd recommend not giving them your password to begin with. The idea of a second password is a nice one, but all of these things can be prevented by your first one.

On the topic of a 7th character slot, even if by means of crowns, this is brilliant. I don't usually have trouble deleting the necessary wizard to start a new one, but others may be attached to their journey, right? I've always thought it was a little odd that we aren't given enough slots to have a wizard of every school. I hope this is taken into consideration by KI.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
darkose12345 on Sep 25, 2018 wrote:
Hello, I purpose an idea.
Instead of alacadabra as the deletion code, why not make it the master password (or have an option to set it to it) I think it would be useful so that for people, like me, who has family members coming on my account when they are bored, decide to delete a character. just a thought :p

Also Another thing,
I know, I know everyone wants a 7th character slot and we haven't gotten it. Well What if they allowed us to buy it like other RPG games allowed. Which I know people are also like "Well i don't have the extra funds to buy this slot" Well at the moment you may not but if someone has 6 characters already that person probably has dedicated enough time and money into the game to scrap up money for that extra slot.
Now the pricing of it. I wouldn't put it past KI to make the price 5k Crowns or more. But honestly it shouldn't be more than 10k. And KI I know you can make the extra money by getting people to make another account and buy membership on that, but honestly I think people would enjoy it more if they added the extra slot. Not many people would go through the pain of paying another 60+ dollars on another account just to play the last school of a storyline they have already played...

(I currently don't have 6 characters however I am getting close and I don't want to make another account for a myth)

Thank you for your time
i've almost given up hope on kingsisle making it possible to give us the 7th slot available someone in the forums to me earlier last year kingsisle would love to give the spot but if they really do it'd be here already i feel like they've forgotten about it and just focused on both parts of empyrea :/

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
if they made it possible to buy extra wizard slots for 5k per and have like a list one you fill up the desks in the back it would be quite worth it sadly im pretty sure a 7th wiz slot is in such low priority for ki right now not only cause of this birthday event but preparing empyrea in test in a month or so for either the late fall update or early winter update either way im pretty sure a lot of people want this i know i do and would do something within reason for that 7th wizard slot i'd love to be a part of the myth crowd i dont hate it i just find balance way more useful for one that doesnt pvp all the time

Explorer
May 13, 2018
iouman2013 on Sep 26, 2018 wrote:
i've almost given up hope on kingsisle making it possible to give us the 7th slot available someone in the forums to me earlier last year kingsisle would love to give the spot but if they really do it'd be here already i feel like they've forgotten about it and just focused on both parts of empyrea :/

It's not that they don't want to, it's that the coding is convoluted

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Autumn Potter on Sep 28, 2018 wrote:
It's not that they don't want to, it's that the coding is convoluted
even if it is convoluted there was a massive gap in updates from khrysalis to polaris that was 22 months long they could have run at least a few tests but whatever ya know? if it took them years to make the mirror shop that involved using facial codes when you make a wizard it shouldnt be that far off of trial and error or finding a way.