Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

having 7 wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 03, 2011
hi all,
so since i can only have 6 wizards in an account.
i have read the terms of use but it was not clear for me about if i can make a second account in the same family account to have more wizards.
so is it against the terms of use? or is it ok to create a second account?

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
There are individual memberships and family memberships. The prices and some other things are different. You need to look up the details for yourself and see what works better for you.

If you are already on a family membership, it would be easy to add a new wizard to it. For example, you have 6 wizards on your log in and your sister has 6 wizards on hers, and your parent pays for both in one bill item, and can buy crowns and transfer them to both of your wizards, and gets an email if you get reported for something. Then your parent decides it looks fun, adds himself to the family account, so now there are 3 members on the family, adds a second account to family for you, then KI sees it as 4 members in the family. The shared bank only goes for the 6 wizards on your log in, you can't swap gear with your sis, your dad, or that second wizard account with that 7th school. Some people with multiple wiz accounts use the shared family membership.

Others buy the year individual membership for more than one, and they are totally separate no swapping pets and clothes between them, and their crown purchases are separate too. Buy a lot of crowns on one wiz, you can't divide it give them to the other account. The plus is individual memberships tend to include a certain amount of crowns.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2011
Calamity Finch on Sep 20, 2018 wrote:
There are individual memberships and family memberships. The prices and some other things are different. You need to look up the details for yourself and see what works better for you.

If you are already on a family membership, it would be easy to add a new wizard to it. For example, you have 6 wizards on your log in and your sister has 6 wizards on hers, and your parent pays for both in one bill item, and can buy crowns and transfer them to both of your wizards, and gets an email if you get reported for something. Then your parent decides it looks fun, adds himself to the family account, so now there are 3 members on the family, adds a second account to family for you, then KI sees it as 4 members in the family. The shared bank only goes for the 6 wizards on your log in, you can't swap gear with your sis, your dad, or that second wizard account with that 7th school. Some people with multiple wiz accounts use the shared family membership.

Others buy the year individual membership for more than one, and they are totally separate no swapping pets and clothes between them, and their crown purchases are separate too. Buy a lot of crowns on one wiz, you can't divide it give them to the other account. The plus is individual memberships tend to include a certain amount of crowns.
im not connected with anyone other than myself, i mean i got my own account shared with no one, it is family account, the paying is not an issue for me, but what im trying to ask is, regardless the price and etc... i know everything about what you just explained, my question is, since i got punished when i took my cousin's account to help my life wizard that i was boosting, so i though of that i create a second account of me and be having 2 accounts and open it at the same time to boost my self and etc...
is that ok? i dont want to get punished again lol, it might be that a person can only have 1 account which? no?
and thanks

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
We won't be able to do this. This game is money hungry and they want you to make a whole new account to farm money off of you while you try to learn all of the schools

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Pouffy23 on Sep 21, 2018 wrote:
We won't be able to do this. This game is money hungry and they want you to make a whole new account to farm money off of you while you try to learn all of the schools
This is not what KI said. Where did you get this information from and by who? I heard different from KI Twitter. If they are truly money hungry, they wouldn't give away free crowns by the hundreds or thousands. Have membership sales, Have sales on bundles, crowns,and reduce item prices from the Crown Shop plus not give players a choice to buy certain items with gold from there, etc... .

Survivor
Sep 06, 2018
I wish they would make a seventh wizard available, however I do not think this is ever going to happen.

as for a second account, I also do not know based on the TOS, however when I contacted support about it I was told I already have several account(I have a family account with most of my family playing), and also when the steam version came out I asked several questions of support, though they did not respond about whether or not a second account is against the rules they did not close either account that I have(both my steam and regular have the same email address even).

That being said, they seem to be encouraging players to open an account on the steam version by saying that it will be separate from your regular launcher account.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
with all of these "7th wizard" posts kingsisle or at least some higher up in the forums would get the hint im pretty sure giving people their 7th wizard would be cake since theres stuff like lvl 50 potions and potions to enlarge you bag and stuff like that i honestly think that kingsisle wants do this but they just have such low priority for it right now :/

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
After doing some Google searching this request goes back at least as far as 2012.

From what I gather it is not a business decision on KI's part that prevents the seventh wizard slot. It is in fact the classroom and coding. The classroom supports 6 wizards (all of them are seated when you log on and the wizard played last is moved to standing. Adding a seventh wizard causes a cascade fail, so it's not a simple matter of upping the variable by one.

This IS (again from my research into past conversations) something the development team is working on. But again it is not a simple fix.

So no, KI is not some money grubbing company that refuses to add a seventh slot because of the money it makes from the relative few that can afford to run two separate accounts. They are rather focusing their efforts on new content (Empyrea Pt 2, revised graphics for the rest of Wizard City).

So yes, please keep the requests coming for a seventh slot. But, please stop thinking it's not happening because KI is just a bunch of money grubbing corporate types.

Steven Ghoststalker

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Area51Alien on Sep 27, 2018 wrote:
After doing some Google searching this request goes back at least as far as 2012.

From what I gather it is not a business decision on KI's part that prevents the seventh wizard slot. It is in fact the classroom and coding. The classroom supports 6 wizards (all of them are seated when you log on and the wizard played last is moved to standing. Adding a seventh wizard causes a cascade fail, so it's not a simple matter of upping the variable by one.

This IS (again from my research into past conversations) something the development team is working on. But again it is not a simple fix.

So no, KI is not some money grubbing company that refuses to add a seventh slot because of the money it makes from the relative few that can afford to run two separate accounts. They are rather focusing their efforts on new content (Empyrea Pt 2, revised graphics for the rest of Wizard City).

So yes, please keep the requests coming for a seventh slot. But, please stop thinking it's not happening because KI is just a bunch of money grubbing corporate types.

Steven Ghoststalker
Would be nice to know at least in the slightest if theres a group thats working on it cause there was someone in the forums that said ki wants to give us the 7th slot and it was over a year ago that it was said on twitter when someone asked im pretty sure they gave up before even empyrea part 1 came out sadly

Explorer
May 13, 2018
jafar00201020 on Sep 20, 2018 wrote:
hi all,
so since i can only have 6 wizards in an account.
i have read the terms of use but it was not clear for me about if i can make a second account in the same family account to have more wizards.
so is it against the terms of use? or is it ok to create a second account?
You can have multiple accounts, they're not going to kill you over that!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
iouman2013 on Sep 28, 2018 wrote:
Would be nice to know at least in the slightest if theres a group thats working on it cause there was someone in the forums that said ki wants to give us the 7th slot and it was over a year ago that it was said on twitter when someone asked im pretty sure they gave up before even empyrea part 1 came out sadly

Based on my research of past conversations, KI's focus and priorities are as follows:

Empyrea PT 2
Revising/Updating the remainder of Wizard City
Pre-planning the NEXT new world

Revising/Updating older worlds Krokotopia - Dragonspyre
New additions to the game (ala fishing, gardening, pets, Monsterology)

Reworking the code to allow a seventh wizard

Sparck, Prof Falmea, please correct me if I have this incorrect

The Ghoststalker Brothers
Steven 124
Chris 8

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Area51Alien on Sep 28, 2018 wrote:
Based on my research of past conversations, KI's focus and priorities are as follows:

Empyrea PT 2

Steven 124
Chris 8
so i guess it was a lie that they wanted to give it to us and threw it in the lowest priority pile then got it

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Area51Alien on Sep 28, 2018 wrote:

Empyrea PT 2

Steven 124
Chris 8
i kinda doubt any of the teachers or message board admins will reply to you but i get what your saying if they ever did reply it would most likely be a neutral reply saying "sorry this cannot be discussed or this type of information cant be released at this time but still theres been numerous worlds before part 2 of empyrea that they could have been working on this if they wanted fishing wouldnt be in empyrea part 2 unless theres a watering hole, gardening has pretty much need nothing new a majority of the only useful plants are evil magma peas, couch potatos any of the jewel plants and kings parsley theres not really anything else they need to add to plants, now monstrology thats something that can be continuted although i dont use it at all not the revising and updating those can be finished with seasonal updates like with fall being here and such im almost certain they have the rest of wizard city redone as for pets they already added a few new talents with the decade pets there isnt really anything else they need to add unless empyrea part 2 gives lvl 128 pets then thats about the only reason i get that the coding for 7 wizards is a really wanted thing right now and that its so binded up that itd take a while but if you look at the large 22 month gap between khrysalis and polaris they really could have tackled the coding during that time even if it was a small team..

Survivor
Jul 03, 2011
Autumn Potter on Sep 28, 2018 wrote:
You can have multiple accounts, they're not going to kill you over that!
they are not going to kill me i know.
i got muted because my friend gave me his account to open it and beat a solo boss for him because he wasnt good enough to beat him.
they told me it was because of the message says (do not give your password to anyone)
once you read the message, all comes in your mind that it will be on your own risk, not to get punished.
i do agree with that rule as a high security and not against it.
but sometimes you get to not understand some rules clearly.
i dont want to get banned of having multiple accounts.
they may say that it is called a family account and you should play with your family not alone, who knows.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2011

Steven Ghoststalker
i completely agree with you, KI is a company based on money as any other company in the world, and i know KI is not a money grubbling company as some people thinks.
my question was: regardless of paying more money, is it legal to make a second account??
sometimes i dont find players to help me in a particular duel, i would then help mysefl by myself, its not all about having seventh wizard, also about boosting more wizards to max faster, so is it legal to make a second account??
because KI doesnt make some of their rules clear, and would give you a ban because of it, maybe im mistaken, i dont know, but i searched all over google and never found a clear answer.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
jafar00201020 on Oct 2, 2018 wrote:
i completely agree with you, KI is a company based on money as any other company in the world, and i know KI is not a money grubbling company as some people thinks.
my question was: regardless of paying more money, is it legal to make a second account??
sometimes i dont find players to help me in a particular duel, i would then help mysefl by myself, its not all about having seventh wizard, also about boosting more wizards to max faster, so is it legal to make a second account??
because KI doesnt make some of their rules clear, and would give you a ban because of it, maybe im mistaken, i dont know, but i searched all over google and never found a clear answer.
I personally do not have more than one account.

However, I have seen posted time and time again people who claim to have two accounts that they can run in separate window or on different machines. I have yet to see anyone post that they have gotten into trouble for multiple accounts.

So no I do not think it is wrong or illegal for you to have more than one account.

Anyone with more than one account want to help us out here.

Steven125
Christopher 10
The Ghoststalker Bros.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009

Steven Ghoststalker
Just an FYI, because some people might not know this, I have read that the reason we have this entire 7th wizard issue is because when they made the game, Balance school was not in it. It was added later. That's why there are only 6 seats usable on log in, and why there is no Balance tree in Ravenwood, and the Balance teacher stands out in the open, rather than in a building. Whenever that was, it was probably before Krokotopia was finished. When they made the game with 6 wizard schools, they painted themselves into a corner, for trying to let people have a 7th wizard, without having to repaint most of that floor.

Maybe they sell some extra accounts to those people who must have all the schools, but a lot of people just pick one school to do without, or delete one to try the 7th school. If they are thinking about adding a seventh, they are probably thinking about how many people have stuck with just 6 wizards, who would then buy packs for a 7th wizard, bundle houses, crown shop gear, pets, and mounts, and perhaps some of them would need to buy areas with crowns, if given a 7th wizard space. It's just good business, which is not evil. If they don't make money on the game, the game will die. Now there is a threat to the Spiral. I'm sure KI would like to sell all that stuff to a 7th school wizard, but they still have to solve that corner they painted themselves into.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
jafar00201020 on Oct 2, 2018 wrote:
It's not wrong or illegal to have more than one account in your name. You are welcome to have many accounts as you like up to 5 for sure as long as they're your accounts. You may want to contact Customer Support to see if there's a limit. Many others also have more than one. You only get in trouble if you share your password.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Imagine if KI spent all their waking hours working on fixing the 7th wizard issue and didn't release ANY new content until then. Think of how many people would not only rant on the forums, but leave the game due to lack of new material. new content should ALWAYS be more important than making earlier stuff prettier, or giving us an extra PC slot. Do I want a 7th wizard on this account? Sure, but I'd rather have new material and fixing of actual bugs in GAMEPLAY. I of course am all for 7 wizards per account, but patience pays off. It may be that they can't ever fix the issue, and we'll have to deal with that if that is the eventuality. This reminds me of Disney when animating Elsa from Frozen. No matter what they did, if her brain was BEHIND her, the animation broke. When they placed it over her shoulder, it was rock solid. KI needs to find their "over the shoulder" and they just haven't yet. Like Disney, they're still working on it. Disney just has a MUCH bigger bankroll to get problems fixed than KI does. That's not a shot, it's a fact.