Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth us ok, right?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
Hello fellow wizards

I have a max death wizard and a level 40 Myth wizard. I would like to continue and solo with my Myth, but I hear everyone saying that Myth isn't good, so I don't know what to do. Can anyone cheer me up?

Jonathan DawnHunter

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Myth's biggest claim to fame is it's minions. Like all of the minions, they outlive their usefulness quickly. The problem with Myth is that there was no benefit to using minions, nor did they have the MOST minions (death actually has more).

Then, they released Monstrology which revitalized the minion aspect of myth's ability. Monstrology (in case you didnt know), allows wizards to collect monster animus, and create tc's that summon the monster on the tc. While they can't choose what spells the monster uses, they can use some really powerful monsters in a way similar to minions. The HUGE benefit to Myth is that now it can have up to 3 "minions" using Monstrology tcs; all other schools can only use 1. With this one update, Myth can use more minions than every other school, use more powerful monsters to aid them, for the cost of 2 pip (1 powerpip).

I would suggest you start looking into Monstrology and see if you like it.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I'd say ignore them. If it's working well for you and you like it, continue with it. Myth can be a little tricky and some people don't really get the hang of it. It does seem to be well designed to solo with. In groups, care is needed to not disrupt other wizards attacks; they don't like when you quake stacked traps out of existence. That may be where some of the negativity comes from. Some people overlook using the minions, which seem to be tools for particular jobs, which are expendable when it is time for a different task. Given how highly annoying and effective myth enemies are at high levels, I'd think a myth wizard will be fun to have at those levels ( I have a level 73 myth wiz, and still working fine for me). Just because it's the path less taken, doesn't mean it's a bad path.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
As a max level Myth myself, Myth can still work at max level. You will probably find yourself playing healer since Storm and Fire wizards are common, but Myth gets plenty of opportunities to hit as well. While the things unique to Myth are either irrelevant or duplicated very easily in a team setting, you get to play every role in teams whereas most other schools may hardly ever get to play a certain role in teams. Even if they don't stand out or be the best at any role, you'll be able to perform them all adequately.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
I don't mind supporting in team ups, but I hope I can solo most fights

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I don't know why some people say Myth is weak, I love the myth spells and love having a myth wizard on our team

It's a really fun school to play and I regret deleting my myth wizard but she was fairly low level so I'm looking forward to making a new one soon!

Frog can be really powerful, monstrology minions are cool, a well placed earthquake can save the day, calendar and mystic colossus are fearsome hits...then you have all the stuns! Medusa is the stuff of nightmares!

I fear myth enemies and I love having myth allies! Honestly, all the schools are powerful and useful in a team. Myth is no exception, it's a great school!

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
JonathanDawnHunter on Sep 11, 2018 wrote:
You should be able to. Myth has a decent balance of health and damage, not the best, but decent. Pierce/Shatter lets you bypass some of the 2nd arc bosses' cheats (Astraeus in the Trial of Spheres and the Spectral Guardians in Mirror Lake come to mind). Myth's AoE capability isn't all that good, but I would recommend checking out the Wandering Eye pet to help with that. I use the Lord Humongofrog card even at max level in case I don't get a Shadow Pip fast enough.

If you find yourself taking too much damage in boss battles, you can try to cast a minion early in those battles to draw the enemies' attention. They do take up traps, but you can just hold off on those until the minion is defeated. I liked using Vassanji since he often casts Frog as soon as he can, but this was before Monstrology. I don't know which summonable enemies cast AoEs consistently enough to draw the enemies' attention, so you might want to keep an eye out on that. There's also Life creatures that can heal you, if you don't have access to a Life Mastery amulet.

Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
Victoria FireHeart on Sep 11, 2018 wrote:
I don't know why some people say Myth is weak, I love the myth spells and love having a myth wizard on our team

It's a really fun school to play and I regret deleting my myth wizard but she was fairly low level so I'm looking forward to making a new one soon!

Frog can be really powerful, monstrology minions are cool, a well placed earthquake can save the day, calendar and mystic colossus are fearsome hits...then you have all the stuns! Medusa is the stuff of nightmares!

I fear myth enemies and I love having myth allies! Honestly, all the schools are powerful and useful in a team. Myth is no exception, it's a great school!
That's true, I actually fear Myth enemies the most because of the stuns / ability to remove blades, followed by Storm and Ice.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
My Myth Wiz ( Patrick Myth Tamer) has just arrived in Polaris.
I've had a ball going through all the worlds.
Even at Level 104 I still use Humungofrog and at a quite early level I crafted Ninja Pigs. (very helpful and powerful if you enchant and it crits!)
Most high level bosses are, unfortunately, stun immune, which makes one of school specialities a little redundant but can STILL be useful for their minions.
Basilisk, while it may not stun the boss will do some great DOT if you enchant and blade him first.
The same goes for King Artourius.
The one thing Myth sadly lacks is our own heal. Fire has power link, Storm has healing battery. For this reason I trained in Death as my second school to gain Vampire and Wraith life steals.
I have loved questing weith other wizards who look to me to shatter before they hit or ask if I have Mythic Collosus in my deck (always!)
Myth isn't the easiest scholl to solo but it can be done and remember to use team up whenever you feel a little out of your depth.
Good luck my fellow conjurer!

Hero
May 02, 2009
As long as you enjoy playing the school then just ignore the naysayers out there.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I enjoy playing Myth. It's a little different, but very fun. It's unfortunate that minions don't scale better, but there are many other benefits to the school, such as stunning, removing shields, and a good balance of offensive and defensive stats. You may not see as many high level myth players as some other schools, but you'll find some very skilled and successful ones :)

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
JonathanDawnHunter on Sep 11, 2018 wrote:
I solo on my Myth and love it.