Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rhino fish

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
I am at Zafaria trying to catch a Rgino fish at the main fishing hole. I've had 3 shots over the past week but he has gotten away all 3 times. I used a level 3 lure. Anyone else having a hard time with this? It's becoming frustrating.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
I've been trying on all 4 of my wizards to catch the Rhino fish in Zafaria at Baobab Crown, Drum Jungle, and both the large and small fishing places in Baobab Crossroads for over a month. It says its level 1 but I have tried all of the storm lures and anytime a storm finally shows up, the line snaps and it gets away. Very annoying and frustrating. Also having trouble catching the Ecto Slime Skate in Baobab Crown. Victoria Fireheart said it is a show off as opposed to the floating logs(treants). Well again the line snaps if one should per chance show up. Yet I can catch those treants with no problem. All 4 of my wizards caught the Sea Fairy in Avalon High Road today with no problem.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
haroldge on Sep 9, 2018 wrote:
I am at Zafaria trying to catch a Rgino fish at the main fishing hole. I've had 3 shots over the past week but he has gotten away all 3 times. I used a level 3 lure. Anyone else having a hard time with this? It's becoming frustrating.
Sorry to hear he's being troublesome. He's only rank 1 so your rank 3 lure should have caught him easily. It's zero energy fishing just now so it's a great time to try to get him again...btw, I caught him at Baobab Crown. It might be a little easier there just because you can see the entire pond at once and there are no sentinels. Also, if you see a fish being a crazy crazy show-off, that'll be the Ecto Slime Skate (an epic rank 1 life fishy!).

Good luck and I hope you catch him soon!

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Still no luck catching the rhino or the ecto slime skate. It's free fishing again and I spent 3 1/2 hours Fri night with one of my wizards dressed in the fishing garb at Baobob Crown in the Dworgn realm. A storm fish appeared 8 times and each time snap went the line. After dashing around the dock to get a good angle for the ecto slime skate, snap went the line. I've been trying for 3 months to catch these 2 fish. It shouldn't take this long! I can now understand why some people don't like fishing if this is happening to them. All 4 of my wizards have caught all the fish up to Avalon except for these 2 fish and all 4 are legendary fisher persons.

Why does the line keep snapping, KI?

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Even with the zero fishing this weekend, my wizards STILL cannot catch the rhino fish or the ecto slime skate. The line snaps each and every time with these 2 fish. They are both epic so do not show up often and to have the line snap after hooking them each time is highly frustrating. I have spent a lot of time trying to catch them. I have used rank 1, 2 and 3 lures and used different realms on each wizard. My nephews caught the 5 Krokotopian eels needed for a tapestry for 3 wizards and I still couldn't catch one rhino fish! Disheartening.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
FINALLY got both the rhino and the ecto slime fish on all 4 wizards. Many thanks KI for the no energy fishing. Now all of my wizards have caught at least one of all the fish through Avalon.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Davidfire school on Feb 23, 2019 wrote:
FINALLY got both the rhino and the ecto slime fish on all 4 wizards. Many thanks KI for the no energy fishing. Now all of my wizards have caught at least one of all the fish through Avalon.
You've got persistence! I think you're a great fisher.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Thank you Lookit Light for your kind words. I enjoy fishing. I save certain ones for crafting and some in "reserve" multi tanks for when I need some gold.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Davidfire school on Feb 26, 2019 wrote:
Thank you Lookit Light for your kind words. I enjoy fishing. I save certain ones for crafting and some in "reserve" multi tanks for when I need some gold.
I'm with you. I just LOVED catching all the Epic fish a couple Zero Fishing Energy events ago.