Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Taking a Moment to look ahead (10 years)

AuthorMessage
Champion
Feb 06, 2010
As a long time player, I just want to take a moment and commend everyone that had anything to do with the development of this ten-year-old game. Yes, it is just a game, but much like the game Club Penguin (for some people) this has created a special place in many hearts of players, due to them playing since they were kids.

I hope that on the 20th anniversary there will be new players that are starting right now saying the same thing.

I love the new worlds and their quest line. I love each year seeing the graphics and content increase. BUT, this is where I get a little nervous. A new world every year is great, but eventually, this may get a little old. Are there other galaxies than the Spiral? Is it possible to send our Wizard down a brand new path, or journey, like Wizard101 2.0? Are the writers & producers running out of ideas?

I know people who read this may say, "We don't need to worry about that right now" but if not now when? What are the next ten years going to look like, will we be level 300? Will we be the supreme Wizard who is the new Headmaster of Ravenwood? Will we still only be going by levels/worlds?

Hopefully, there is a ton of ideas that could last a long time, and we can continue to grow our wizard. Above all, I hope KingsIsle Entertainment has a good idea of what the future holds going forward.

I would love to hear everyone else's prediction, and maybe an Admin could shed some light too

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Blaze03554 on Sep 8, 2018 wrote:
As a long time player, I just want to take a moment and commend everyone that had anything to do with the development of this ten-year-old game. Yes, it is just a game, but much like the game Club Penguin (for some people) this has created a special place in many hearts of players, due to them playing since they were kids.

I hope that on the 20th anniversary there will be new players that are starting right now saying the same thing.

I love the new worlds and their quest line. I love each year seeing the graphics and content increase. BUT, this is where I get a little nervous. A new world every year is great, but eventually, this may get a little old. Are there other galaxies than the Spiral? Is it possible to send our Wizard down a brand new path, or journey, like Wizard101 2.0? Are the writers & producers running out of ideas?

I know people who read this may say, "We don't need to worry about that right now" but if not now when? What are the next ten years going to look like, will we be level 300? Will we be the supreme Wizard who is the new Headmaster of Ravenwood? Will we still only be going by levels/worlds?

Hopefully, there is a ton of ideas that could last a long time, and we can continue to grow our wizard. Above all, I hope KingsIsle Entertainment has a good idea of what the future holds going forward.

I would love to hear everyone else's prediction, and maybe an Admin could shed some light too

I know it has been several weeks since this message, but with the third arc coming to a close, I have this sad feeling once again.

Empyrea part 2 has not even made it to live servers yet. But we had some epic battles/encounters with some ancient beings. This once again seems to limit what the future holds for this game (storywise). If we're being realistic, the player will solve the issue with the great raven, and spider(the first beings of the spiral). But from this point forward, is there really anything out there that is a challenge anymore?

Unless we convert the rest of the game into a Pirate101 scenario, but instead of searching the spiral for gold, we look for knowledge. I'm not trying to sound mean, but honestly, no one will spend money on Wizard if updates and ideas start to slow down. (just look at Pirate).

So spare me the speech of "If this game keeps making money, then KI will keep producing content." Well, the content has to come first!!!!

All I am is a concerned member of the community who (like everyone else) loves this game and wants the best for it! I have seen plenty of game series drop to their knees and some of their company/industries/studios go with them. I really hope that never happens to KI or Wizard101. But with where we are in the story, it really limits down the choices. At least from what I can see
____

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2018
Blaze03554 on Sep 8, 2018 wrote:

I really think you said it all. They seem to have a good head on their shoulders, and ideas come to them as they go. My cousins have played this game since the beginning, and they’re still playing it today (and they’re graduating college next year) They finally got me on board when it came out on Steam. I do however, understand the worry of “is there really anything more powerful than our wizard?” Maybe an evil witch will come and take all our spells away and we will have to start ALL over.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Count Morgrim on Oct 27, 2018 wrote:
I really think you said it all. They seem to have a good head on their shoulders, and ideas come to them as they go. My cousins have played this game since the beginning, and they’re still playing it today (and they’re graduating college next year) They finally got me on board when it came out on Steam. I do however, understand the worry of “is there really anything more powerful than our wizard?” Maybe an evil witch will come and take all our spells away and we will have to start ALL over.
Well possibly. I hope it works out. I know they are making a killing on ol wizzy but I hope it stays that way... for 30+ years.