Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Potent Trap Treasure Cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2012
I've been farming bosses all over Azteca and Darkmoor for the Potent Trap Treasure Cards and I have not gotten any. Is the potent trap a seasonal drop or are you not allowed to get it from drops now? I am super annoyed because the quest for the tc's I have already done, and I used the Potent traps a long time ago (wasn't very smart back then).

Logan LegendShade

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Since you've already elapsed the quest for the treasures, your next alternative is farming.

Here are a couple bosses you can give a try:

Fuego Spirit - You'll find this boss in Saltmeadow Swamp. He only has 17,000 health and unlike the other bosses I listed below in Aquila, there are wisps found just outside his sigil.

Gladiator Dimachaerus - This boss in Mount Olympus is also a frequent farming spot for varying items. He'll also cough out those treasures for you.

Cronus (Tartarus) - Found in the final dungeon in Aquila (Level 90 required) is a secret boss by the name of Cronus. In my experience, he drops the Treasure about every four or so battles.

Malakeen Moondrinker - You'll find this boss in Yacate's House, The Zocalo . Similarly to the Fuego, he has about 15,000 health and has wisps outside his sigil.
He'll drop the treasure eventually.

Just remain persistent.

Also, don't expect the treasures on the first battle.

It can take a while.

Good Luck!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
HydraYTPlayz on Sep 7, 2018 wrote:
I've been farming bosses all over Azteca and Darkmoor for the Potent Trap Treasure Cards and I have not gotten any. Is the potent trap a seasonal drop or are you not allowed to get it from drops now? I am super annoyed because the quest for the tc's I have already done, and I used the Potent traps a long time ago (wasn't very smart back then).

Logan LegendShade
I'm suspicious that this crafting quest may literally be a potent trap for wizards! KI have introduced new ways to get potent trap TC though...they're fighting whatever anti-crafting god cursed this quest too lol.

1. 'Broken Idols' (storyline quest) gives us 2 potent trap TC as a reward
2. 'Brief Encounters' (storyline quest) gives us 2 alligator pear tree seeds
3. PvP tournaments for gold - potent trap tc is quite a common drop from these

I know you've used your traps from 'Broken Idols'. Don't beat yourself up for this, it is a common mistake to make and you're certainly not the first, nor the last, to used them.

We can plant your alligator pear tree seeds and get ultra alligator pear trees from them. These have quite a good drop rate of potent trap TC but they only drop on the elder harvest and don't reseed, so it can be long-winded when we want a trap asap. It's a very good way of helping our lower level wizards get it in advance though - pass them the ultra alligator pear tree seeds to grow.

I'd probably keep farming bosses but sign up for some tournaments too. We don't need to win the PvP to get the trap as a drop.

PS. Beware the 'other curse' of this crafting quest, which is possibly why 'Broken Idols' gives us 2 traps. Don't be tempted to rush into crafting the War Eagle Shield without following the instruction to collect agave leaves FIRST! I had all the reagents and crafted it asap...only to have my crafting rejected because I failed to follow the instructions properly!

If it would be helpful for you to have a high level storm wiz come along to help you farm more quickly just let me know and we can arrange to meet in game.

Good luck!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I agree with Edward, he gave the exact same advice I would: fight either Fuego Spirit or Malakeen Moondrinker. Both bosses are fairly simple (no cheats) and have health and mana wisps located directly outside their sigils.

I can personally verify that Malakeen dropped the Potent Trap for me after six fights. Each fight was about five minutes (for my Storm). So yeah, these two are the easiest to repeat over and over until you get what you need.

As for Victoria's advice, that is another route. If you try gardening, know that regular Alligator trees do not drop potent trap, but the Ultra Alligator trees do. Keep growing regulars until you get some Ultras. Gardening for the potent trap is definitely an option, but it will require a lot of patience.

Also yes! Victoria was spot on when she advised to make sure you go to the Chiampa Gardens in Mangrove Marsh and collect Agave Leaves from there BEFORE you attempt to craft the Eagle War shield.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven