Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

On Christmas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
So pardon this if I'm in the wrong spot. Backstory, last year (after the Christmas celebrations had gone), I sent an email to Support. The email was about the fun things we get, for one. Mounts and packs, pets, decorations, gear. All of that good stuff. However, I asked for something. The topic I brought up, aside from the praise and 'thank-yous', was other holidays around this time in December.
While Christmas is what most people think of when they hear "Holiday in December.", there are also so many others. I suggested that they bring Hanukkah themed items in, as well.
After doing research on Hanukkah itself, I've found that there ARE many things to be added. Dreidels (which are small, four sided top with Hebrew letters on each side.) As well as a Menorah (the eight candles.) Activating the decoration would make sense to have one of each eight candles light up in order, not all at the same time.
Other decorations and foods from this holiday include: lots of candles, "Happy Hanukkah" paper chains (NOT banners),the colors blue and gold are associated with this holiday. As for food, butter cookies, jelly donuts, pretzels. These are simple foods that can be treated like the other home decoration foods (i.e. the cookies and milk that change when you "eat" them.) This is very important to me. Maybe it isn't to other people. But please, I beg you all, to join in and help me convince and teach what needs to happen to be more inclusive.

My intentions are not to get into arguments about religions, but if anyone here knows more about this, or has suggestions, PLEASE add to this. I want to get more of this in our game.
Thank you for reading. And please take into consideration.

Administrator
aldawolfa on Sep 5, 2018 wrote:
So pardon this if I'm in the wrong spot. Backstory, last year (after the Christmas celebrations had gone), I sent an email to Support. The email was about the fun things we get, for one. Mounts and packs, pets, decorations, gear. All of that good stuff. However, I asked for something. The topic I brought up, aside from the praise and 'thank-yous', was other holidays around this time in December.
While Christmas is what most people think of when they hear "Holiday in December.", there are also so many others. I suggested that they bring Hanukkah themed items in, as well.
After doing research on Hanukkah itself, I've found that there ARE many things to be added. Dreidels (which are small, four sided top with Hebrew letters on each side.) As well as a Menorah (the eight candles.) Activating the decoration would make sense to have one of each eight candles light up in order, not all at the same time.
Other decorations and foods from this holiday include: lots of candles, "Happy Hanukkah" paper chains (NOT banners),the colors blue and gold are associated with this holiday. As for food, butter cookies, jelly donuts, pretzels. These are simple foods that can be treated like the other home decoration foods (i.e. the cookies and milk that change when you "eat" them.) This is very important to me. Maybe it isn't to other people. But please, I beg you all, to join in and help me convince and teach what needs to happen to be more inclusive.

My intentions are not to get into arguments about religions, but if anyone here knows more about this, or has suggestions, PLEASE add to this. I want to get more of this in our game.
Thank you for reading. And please take into consideration.
Keeping things fair and available to all is an important part of being wizard. Good thinking aldawolfa!