Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Subscription Cancellation

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 21, 2018
I have sent multiple emails before about not being able to download the latest update to this game. I was told that my issue would be forwarded to the Senior Support Staff, but it never was. I was told this on August 9, 2018 at 9:08pm. This was after sending multiple emails just to get a response. My question reference number is #180807-000170. The response I finally got was after sending three emails throughout a month's time.

Unfortunately, I had forgotten to unsubscribe from getting the membership, and I was hoping I could get a refund for at least this month, and hopefully last month as well. I am not able to play the game, though I have tried my hardest to get it to work, so therefore, have no need for a membership. I know it is my fault for not remembering to unsubscribe, but perhaps I would have use for the membership if someone could address my problems and help me.

My intention is not to sound rude and narcissistic, but it irritates me how a game like this can have such bad customer service. How a problem that a paying customer is having is dropped without any explanation.

At this point, I am not even expecting a reply back, since the customer service for this game isn't what it should be. I see others getting their issues handled promptly, yet it seems like mine are left on the backburner for no one to look at. Which is a shame, since I really like this game.

Administrator
Hi mariposa1211,

We would like to help you here, but we cannot discuss accounts over the public forums. Please email support again and we'll be happy to help you there.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
mariposa1211 on Sep 4, 2018 wrote:
I have sent multiple emails before about not being able to download the latest update to this game. I was told that my issue would be forwarded to the Senior Support Staff, but it never was. I was told this on August 9, 2018 at 9:08pm. This was after sending multiple emails just to get a response. My question reference number is #180807-000170. The response I finally got was after sending three emails throughout a month's time.

Unfortunately, I had forgotten to unsubscribe from getting the membership, and I was hoping I could get a refund for at least this month, and hopefully last month as well. I am not able to play the game, though I have tried my hardest to get it to work, so therefore, have no need for a membership. I know it is my fault for not remembering to unsubscribe, but perhaps I would have use for the membership if someone could address my problems and help me.

My intention is not to sound rude and narcissistic, but it irritates me how a game like this can have such bad customer service. How a problem that a paying customer is having is dropped without any explanation.

At this point, I am not even expecting a reply back, since the customer service for this game isn't what it should be. I see others getting their issues handled promptly, yet it seems like mine are left on the backburner for no one to look at. Which is a shame, since I really like this game.
At risk of sounding like someone from 'The IT Crowd' but have you tried uninstalling it completely and reinstalling it? A few of our friends had a problem with updates never managing to complete and reinstalling the game worked for them...hopefully it will work for you too!

I'm sorry you're finding support frustrating and I really don't think they are ignoring your issue or putting you on the backburner. It sounds like something that is difficult to solve and they could have quite a lot of investigating to do to find what's causing it. Please don't think they don't care about you or solving the problem you're having!

I'm not techy so forgive me if these are all rookie ideas that you've already tried! I'd try checking my firewall and antivirus are not blocking the download, I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling w101. If these didn't work I'd check for viruses, malware and broken registry files. If none of that worked I'd probably give up and do a full wipe and reinstall of windows (keeping my personal files) then reinstall wiz. Dramatic I know, but I'm not computer savvy enough to think of anything else!

I really hope you get this sorted so you can be back in the Spiral having fun again!

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Hi Mariposa,

I just had this problem and figured out the cause was my internet provider/wifi blocking a website the patcher uses. I managed to circumvent it by using my phone's wifi hotspot feature to connect (using data). Unfortunately I can't fix it permanently because I have no control over the wifi where I am living. Hopefully this will give you some ideas in how to fix your own problem though!