Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

higher level wizards helping lower level wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 21, 2018
Hi, I love that all higher level wizards like to help lower level wizards, But when a wizard at level 125 helps a level 28 with their quests it's not fun for the lower level wizards because the higher one kills all enemies with one spell.
Perhaps, put a level limit on quests?

Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
wiccan713 on Sep 4, 2018 wrote:
Hi, I love that all higher level wizards like to help lower level wizards, But when a wizard at level 125 helps a level 28 with their quests it's not fun for the lower level wizards because the higher one kills all enemies with one spell.
Oh I completely agree with you there buddy. I'm currently level 90 Storm and it's just not fun for me when I get help because I like to listen to the quest dialogue being read out while most people fly through it quickly. I am looking for a "dungeon buddy" who lets me listen to the dialogue being read out while we do the dungeon. The point is that high level wizards helping lower level wizards is a good idea, but you are correct that it takes all the fun out of it for the low level wizard when the max level wizard kills everything in one hit. A level limit on Team Up would solve a lot of issues. People would still get the help they need and it'll be fun for everyone because everyone gets to cast their spells and do their share of the battling. Just my two cents on your statement though and I wish you a Happy Decaversary, my friend!

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Finally level 90 Diviner, Amazing Crafter, Lore Spell and Pet Enthusiast!)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
wiccan713 on Sep 4, 2018 wrote:
I don't think it should be level locked, predominantly because of farming (high levels can still want things there) and also because many lower level wizards want a high level to kill quick. However, I do think any low level who has a high level wiz come to help them should feel free to ask if the high level will boost them so they can make the kill instead of killing everything fast.

Some high levels will be happy to help the lower level make the kill; some won't want to spend that much time though. Especially on a team-up I think we should be thankful for the help, whatever form it takes...but of course asking is okay because some will be happy to change up their deck to oblige

I know it's a little different because I was not on a team up, was farming in a quiet realm and the low level wizard chose to jump onto the sigil with me...but this is what happened in Hollow Mountain:

I was farming for the kirin mount, keys and motes of wisdom when a kid who had the quest jumped onto the sigil (in the last 2 seconds lol). In the first battle he was taking forever to select spells and then blading himself...eeek, this is going to be mighty slow!

I asked if it was his quest (it was) and explained I was farming and how it would be if he chose to stay - I'd wait while he listened to the dialogue, I'd kill quick, I'd be getting the riddle wrong so I could fight the elephant dude, I'd be using a key for the secret boss but on the main boss I'd give him a fun TC hit to use and be his minion so he could over-kill

It was EPIC! The simple battles were quick, the final boss really slow...he hit for more than he knew was possible and couldn't stop jumping about with joy! He also (how lucky is this?) got the kirin mount first try! It suited us both perfectly and we both had fun! He compromised hitting on the battles leading to the boss; I compromised a quick kill on the final boss. Sometimes it's about communicating and working together so it's a fun experience for everyone

Explorer
May 13, 2018
Tell them not to steamroll everything for you, to go at your pace! If they can't try looking for someone who will!

- Autumn, Level 49 -

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
When you use the team up button, the old saying "You get what you get and dont throw a fit". Many people want to get the badge for helping, if we level locked helping lower level characters then a lot of players would have a much harder time getting the badge.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
If I'm helping lower level wizards with my 102 Balance, I have my support deck. I guess I'm old fashioned. I assume I'm there for support, and to help make sure they are able to finish their quest without dying. I'll blade, shield, and heal the lower levels. Unless I'm specifically asked to attack, I stand down and/or take out minions.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
crimsonreaper5 on Sep 4, 2018 wrote:
Oh I completely agree with you there buddy. I'm currently level 90 Storm and it's just not fun for me when I get help because I like to listen to the quest dialogue being read out while most people fly through it quickly. I am looking for a "dungeon buddy" who lets me listen to the dialogue being read out while we do the dungeon. The point is that high level wizards helping lower level wizards is a good idea, but you are correct that it takes all the fun out of it for the low level wizard when the max level wizard kills everything in one hit. A level limit on Team Up would solve a lot of issues. People would still get the help they need and it'll be fun for everyone because everyone gets to cast their spells and do their share of the battling. Just my two cents on your statement though and I wish you a Happy Decaversary, my friend!

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Finally level 90 Diviner, Amazing Crafter, Lore Spell and Pet Enthusiast!)
Not everyone does this. I try to find out what kind of help is desired, and start off in helpful mode. I have also run into low level people that don't want help, and want me to blast the enemy as fast as possible.

What is really rude is when high levels join to 'help", let the one with the quest get into the circle, but kill all the enemy before that person's individual circles lights as being "officially in the fight", depriving that person, or people, of getting ANY drops at all, cause they weren't counted as having joined the fight yet. I ran into several people playing that way when the B.O.X. was active. I got no motes, and the person who was on their first run in there, who we were all supposed to be helping, got nothing at all.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
It depends on the player it goes both ways. Solo questing takes a lot more time than boosting a max hammer to one hit most fights in a turn or two. Some of us just want to get to end game to farm the gear on our 5,6th 7th wizard etc. I get randoms that tag along for the ride. Team up is nice but it’s a shit in the dark on mosslike darknoor.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
masterryan1969 on Sep 18, 2018 wrote:
It depends on the player it goes both ways. Solo questing takes a lot more time than boosting a max hammer to one hit most fights in a turn or two. Some of us just want to get to end game to farm the gear on our 5,6th 7th wizard etc. I get randoms that tag along for the ride. Team up is nice but it’s a shit in the dark on mosslike darknoor.
Comment to mods, not for thread!

I think there may be a couple of typos in the last sentence of the quoted post, one in particular that you may want to fix!

Have a lovely day!