Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Aquatic Housing Item Placement

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 25, 2012
I'm not sure in general how water-related housing items interact with bodies of water in most situations, but today I discovered that, despite having ample room to do so, I could not place the Anniversary Fountain housing item in the Brick Walled Pond housing item.

This bugged me, because I want to place the fountain indoors. Sure, there's nothing stopping me from plopping the fountain down in the middle of my bedroom, but the fountain looks really weird and out of place when the water simply flows down to the edge of the fountain and disappears as soon as it touches the floor. I wanted to put the fountain inside a Brick Walled Pond so it would have a defined edge and look somewhat reasonable as an indoor fixture. This led me to discovering that items cannot be placed inside the Brick Walled Pond. It wouldn't be a huge change to allow items to be placed in flat liquid decorations in the same way that items can be placed on top of flat solid ones. So I say, make it happen.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Pokopolypse on Sep 2, 2018 wrote:
I'm not sure in general how water-related housing items interact with bodies of water in most situations, but today I discovered that, despite having ample room to do so, I could not place the Anniversary Fountain housing item in the Brick Walled Pond housing item.

This bugged me, because I want to place the fountain indoors. Sure, there's nothing stopping me from plopping the fountain down in the middle of my bedroom, but the fountain looks really weird and out of place when the water simply flows down to the edge of the fountain and disappears as soon as it touches the floor. I wanted to put the fountain inside a Brick Walled Pond so it would have a defined edge and look somewhat reasonable as an indoor fixture. This led me to discovering that items cannot be placed inside the Brick Walled Pond. It wouldn't be a huge change to allow items to be placed in flat liquid decorations in the same way that items can be placed on top of flat solid ones. So I say, make it happen.
First, put down your fountain and then use the rug glitch to slide your brick walled pond into place.

All you will need are two Tatami Mats (get them in the Mooshu furniture shop) and spend a few minutes learning how to do the glitch. Glitching is really easy to do and solves many decorating dilemmas.

I'm putting in a link to get you started, but know that you can Google "wizard101 rug glitch tutorial" and YouTube videos will pop right up.

http://www.swordroll.com/2015/01/ten-wizard101-pirate101-housing-tips.html

Hope that helps!

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Pokopolypse on Sep 2, 2018 wrote:

There are some really cool videos on youtube showing how to glitch housing items into each other etc for more creative decorating! The techniques are very simple once you've done them a couple of times and it's not against the rules to use glitching when decorating.

If I could add links I'd find one for you but you'll find some easily if you search for w101 glitching housing items. You CAN have your fountain in your brick walled pond...even if it might take a few tries to get it exactly where you want it

I recommend looking at videos but just in case you can't find what you need you can try the following if you can visualise it from my description:

Place the fountain where you want it.

Get 2 tatami mats, place them down with the short ends slightly overlapping. When you click one and move it the other should move with it. Put them down on the ground and put the brick walled pond on the very end of one of the mats. Click the mat in the middle (mat mat pond - click the middle one). When you move it the pond and the other mat should move with it.

Put the mat down so the pond is positioned where you want it with the fountain inside. Now click the outside mat (mat mat pond) and pick up. It should pick up the 2 mats and leave the pond in place.

It will probably take a few tries to get the mats at the right angle to put the pond where you want it, but I hope my explanation is good enough if you can't find a video instead!

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
By the way, these housing item placement glitches are sanctioned by Kingsisle. They may be bugs, but they are approved bugs. They allow players to have a lot of fun decorating, and the staff don't have to write extra code to accommodate odd item shapes and such.
It also encourages players to spend time, and occasionally money, decorating their dream house.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Zebulous Newt on Sep 4, 2018 wrote:
By the way, these housing item placement glitches are sanctioned by Kingsisle. They may be bugs, but they are approved bugs. They allow players to have a lot of fun decorating, and the staff don't have to write extra code to accommodate odd item shapes and such.
It also encourages players to spend time, and occasionally money, decorating their dream house.
Hilariously, they were actually patched out for a patch or so, but a lot of players (including me) got really upset lol.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Blaze IceWhisper on Oct 1, 2018 wrote:
Hilariously, they were actually patched out for a patch or so, but a lot of players (including me) got really upset lol.
WOW! I didn't know they had ever patched it, even temporarily! I know they had to problem solve to keep a balance when it was first used for stacking gardens...and I am really appreciative of their solution being changing the spells instead of outlawing stacks

I love using glitching to decorate. I'm not very good at it but can do some of the basic glitching. Some of the houses I've visited have been absolutely incredible! The creativity and ideas some of you guys come up with is inspiring and so artistic! I'm glad KI decided to leave glitching in and let us play with decorating even more than expected