Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Energy Lost Upon Gear Set Swap

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
So I understand that it might not be doable with how the health and mana pools work, but saving the state of your energy based on percentage rather than an integer would be great. Right now, say I have 120 energy with a gear set that provides energy, if I have to go help a friend, I'll need to swap to my questing gear. This then bumps my energy back down to let's say 100. Then when I'm done helping a friend, I swap back to my energy gear set so I can start gardening and pet training, but then I have 100 energy still, and I've now lost 20 energy. I've lost 20 energy for helping a friend and using the gear swap feature that's meant to help players, rather than penalize them.

With health and mana pools, this could be something that could be implemented the same way. It makes more sense from a design perspective, and it also solves this bug of losing energy just for swapping gear. From my programming experience I'm pretty sure this can be accomplished by looking at a percentage rather than the actual values of the items and your character's stats. Just a thought, that could maybe help resolve this bug?

Thanks!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
LordAuron on Sep 2, 2018 wrote:
So I understand that it might not be doable with how the health and mana pools work, but saving the state of your energy based on percentage rather than an integer would be great. Right now, say I have 120 energy with a gear set that provides energy, if I have to go help a friend, I'll need to swap to my questing gear. This then bumps my energy back down to let's say 100. Then when I'm done helping a friend, I swap back to my energy gear set so I can start gardening and pet training, but then I have 100 energy still, and I've now lost 20 energy. I've lost 20 energy for helping a friend and using the gear swap feature that's meant to help players, rather than penalize them.

With health and mana pools, this could be something that could be implemented the same way. It makes more sense from a design perspective, and it also solves this bug of losing energy just for swapping gear. From my programming experience I'm pretty sure this can be accomplished by looking at a percentage rather than the actual values of the items and your character's stats. Just a thought, that could maybe help resolve this bug?

Thanks!
I like your idea and wish we could have that.

I wonder if the reason it works the way it does is to teach time management and weighing up the value of different options...perhaps even patience for the person asking for help if they will have to wait a little while for their friend. A more cynical view would be that it means we sometimes lose/throw away energy we might spend money to replenish...but if that were the case I would question why energy enhancing has been made so accessible without real money eg the energy talents on pets and the Aphrodite drops etc.

The way it works right now is the same as any other gear. As soon as we change our stats change too, health and mana changes as well. It's the same with energy. Should it be? I'm not sure. It makes sense as it is but of course, as a player, I'd love to be able to keep it for later! I'd also like to be able to take a pet out of the shared bank without it gobbling up my energy too...naughty hungry pet lol.

I wouldn't call it a bug because I think it is 'working as intended' but as a player I would love to be able to fill green bottles of spare energy.