Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Summon Minion Treasure Cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2018
I created a summon Field Guard treasure card to use in ranked pvp. It was the only treasure card i put in my deck. But even when i had discarded all of my spell cards, it still wouldn't let me draw anything. Is it because summon minions aren't allowed in ranked pvp, or because they can only be used as your first move or something? Because when I tried it in practice pvp it worked out fine.

Survivor
Oct 14, 2014
It worked in practice pvp because there is no loss or gain from it, in ranked it is the opposite. Practice pvp is probably the only other time you are allowed to use a summon tc minion besides pve, since there is no harm in doing it. In ranked, you are not allowed to use them at all, as shown by the symbol on the card.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Monstrology minions aren't allowed in pvp, well, ranked pvp at least. They have a symbol in the middle of the card with the swords and that red "not allowed" circle to indicate this.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Aren't Monstrology summon spells no PvP? Because even if you draw them in PvP, you can't use them.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Any of the monstrology "summon minion" cards are banned in pvp which is why you cannot draw them.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2018
Ok. It was just a bit confusing at first because my opponent kept on summoning minions, but now I know that it's because you get a spell card later on that lets you summon your school's minion. Right?