Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mastery Amulet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
I think it would be pretty nifty if mastery amulets would allow you to wear that school's gear. So if I have a life mastery amulet, I could wear life school gear that is appropriate to my level.

I think this would make use of the mastery amulets more prevalent, and allow for wizards to mix up their gear based on the battle they're fighting.

I think this would be an interesting added twist, especially in pvp.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2011
But that would just mean that whatever school you choose at the beginning, you can just be whatever you want if you have mastery amulets. It would suck out the purpouse of there actually being schools in the first place if you could just get mastery amulets and be whatever school you want to be :)

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
rolands2011 on Aug 29, 2018 wrote:
But that would just mean that whatever school you choose at the beginning, you can just be whatever you want if you have mastery amulets. It would suck out the purpouse of there actually being schools in the first place if you could just get mastery amulets and be whatever school you want to be :)
You only have so many training points though, so you couldn't learn every school's spells. You would have to either train specifically for certain schools, or use treasure cards, which would change how your deck would need to be set up.

There would always be an advantage for school "purity." Simply by the fact that you'd have access to all of your school's spells plus the better amulets, since the mastery amulets can't compare to school specific ones.