Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Should I Go About Side Questing?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
Hello,
I've recently been leveling up a Storm Wizard and have a level 50 Balance from a very long time ago. I was curious about how I should handle side quests, like if I should do all of them, only certain ones or just skip them entirely. I have been doing fine in the Pyramid in Krok because one of my friends, who has been helping me level on the Storm, is a level 81 Balance, but I want to make sure my wizard is at a proper level so that they can handle any solo challenges easily.

See you in the ,

Elijah DuneForge, 50
Wolf ThunderBane, 19

Explorer
Dec 26, 2012
I used to do every single side quest the game had to offer, but I was getting to overleveled and the worlds way too easy so I stopped. Now I generally do side quests if I also have to do the same thing in the main quest. For example, if both a side quest and the main quest want me to defeat X enemy, I’ll do it. You should always do the training point quests and the quests that give you access to the sun, moon, and star trainers.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Side Content is important and should not be overlooked.

Now, to make things easier, I'll provide some key side quest/side content that should not be ignored.

Zeke's Quest - Zeke has a special place in all our hearts. His quests are like main quests to many of us because we always do them. Be wise and join the crew so you don't have to worry much about training points again!

Ogden's Quest - Ogden is a fellow you'll meet in Celestia. He issues quest that will heavily rely on your crafting skills in exchange for Training Points. Don't ignore these.

Crafting - Ensure you're consistent in all crafting quest as you progress through the worlds, Garden too!

Grizzleheim - Very important! This side world unlocks another essential world; Wintertusk which is a gateway to excellent gear, experience, spells and school pets.
I recommend giving it a try at level 50 with the aim to complete it (the side quests here are good too).

If you're concerned about being too over-leveled, then some quest can be avoided. But I'll caution you that even if you're over five levels over-leveled in latter worlds, you'll still experience difficulty and may most likely need some assistance.

Good Luck!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Side Questing to do or not to do, that is the question.

My recommendation is to do the side quests, especially through Dragonspyre. You level up quicker, get spells faster, and add to you health at a quicker rate.

Not to mention the Zeke quests grant you an extra training point and you will have to have done Grizelhiem to get later pets and spells.

As you move on to later worlds the side quests won't be as necessary for leveling up. For example I did almost all of the side quests through Krysalis and my wizard is now at level 118 and has just started Mirage.

Hope this helps.
Steven Ghoststalker