Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loremaster in pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2011
So, i know that this is a very heated topic, but i've gotten to the point where im a bit fed up. It's literally ridiculous that i can get into a match with someone, and all they have to do is use a 4 pip spell repeatedly along with spamming set shields, and do 1000+ damage every time. Being a myth, there is no counter to that. It's time someone fixes that because i know plenty of people who say that the key to being a warlord is called loremaster. Pvp is about skill, and yet spamming a 4 pip spell is not skill. Please kingsisle, nerf this spell in pvp just like you did bad juju, and fix the pvp community.

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
blainethunderhamme... on Aug 25, 2018 wrote:
So, i know that this is a very heated topic, but i've gotten to the point where im a bit fed up. It's literally ridiculous that i can get into a match with someone, and all they have to do is use a 4 pip spell repeatedly along with spamming set shields, and do 1000+ damage every time. Being a myth, there is no counter to that. It's time someone fixes that because i know plenty of people who say that the key to being a warlord is called loremaster. Pvp is about skill, and yet spamming a 4 pip spell is not skill. Please kingsisle, nerf this spell in pvp just like you did bad juju, and fix the pvp community.
I couldn't agree more, pvp is broken because of spells like Lore. I have been screaming about this for years. Between Lore and Manaburn, I have no defense against Balance. I don't know that they should ban the spell altogether, but they need to take the accuracy weakness off for sure and they need to treat manaburn like they do dispels now because I am held to 4 pips or lower by Balance. I can't even compete with four pips (two power pips). There is nothing I can do to defeat them like this. I'm sick of the spam game, I want a competition!

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
I fought the same balance today three times. She manaburned me 5 times. She held me to 2 power pips the entire round. Every time I saved up enough pips to do anything, she manaburned me. You cannot compete like this. Please KI, DO SOMETHING!

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
Lost to 5 different balance wizards today all spamming lore. It's terrible. Makes me not want to play anymore and cancel my membership.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Balance dispell works well since pvp is mostly treasure cards anyways.

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
Balance dispel does not work since I have to sacrifice 2 pips to use that spell and plus, you have the added dispel shield. No one should have to spam the same spell over and over. That is not competition.