Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Battlemage Staff and Shield

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
Just saw someone use the battlemage staff and shield in PvE. It has may-casts that either double casters pips for 4 rounds - or stop all pips for opponent for 4 rounds. Please tell me this isn't allowed in quick match tournaments or any other PvP. If you wanted to break PvP this would be a perfect way to do it.

Imagine a balance wiz who could gain 4 pips a round and cast lore every round? Imagine not gaining any pips for 4 rounds in a quick match tourney? Really bad idea KI. PvP matches should not be determined by the luck of a may cast ability. If the luck of a may cast or dark pip decides the outcome of PvP, we may as well just buy a lottery ticket.

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
Michael Bluestone on Aug 21, 2018 wrote:
Just saw someone use the battlemage staff and shield in PvE. It has may-casts that either double casters pips for 4 rounds - or stop all pips for opponent for 4 rounds. Please tell me this isn't allowed in quick match tournaments or any other PvP. If you wanted to break PvP this would be a perfect way to do it.

Imagine a balance wiz who could gain 4 pips a round and cast lore every round? Imagine not gaining any pips for 4 rounds in a quick match tourney? Really bad idea KI. PvP matches should not be determined by the luck of a may cast ability. If the luck of a may cast or dark pip decides the outcome of PvP, we may as well just buy a lottery ticket.
See KI, it's not just me that worries about balance wizards! Um, yes, I believe it can. I looked it up and it doesn't say that it's prohibited in PvP. I could be wrong but it does appear so. Yeah, no one wants to imagine a balance wizard gaining 2 power pips per round, for four rounds, or not being able to gain pips to them This is how I foretell those rounds going, either way...

Round 1 -

Round 2 -

Round 3 -

Round 4 -