Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cosmetic appearance option

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 20, 2018
Hello
I'm new to the game and the message boards.
I'd like to suggest adding a way that we can use cosmetic appearances while still using our regular gear.

Lets say I want to use the triplecrowns crown without having to replace my current hat.

That would be a fun addition and would make character costumization way more fun and entertaining.

Please give this a thought, I'm sure the majority of people would want it as well.

Valkoor OwlWhisperer

Administrator
severuscold on Aug 21, 2018 wrote:
Hello
I'd like to suggest adding a way that we can use cosmetic appearances while still using our regular gear.

Lets say I want to use the triplecrowns crown without having to replace my current hat.

That would be a fun addition and would make character costumization way more fun and entertaining.

Please give this a thought, I'm sure the majority of people would want it as well.

Valkoor OwlWhisperer
Welcome severuscold to the community! That's an interesting idea, will let the team know!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
severuscold on Aug 21, 2018 wrote:
Hello

Valkoor OwlWhisperer
"I'd like to suggest adding a way that we can use cosmetic appearances while still using our regular gear"
There is already a way to do that - it's called stitching. For a low fee of 100 crowns, Eloise Merrywheather ( find her near Prospector Zeke in all worlds ) will change the appearance of your gear.
Don't have crowns? Either watch videos for crowns or do KI trivia ( 100 crowns daily. )

Survivor
Aug 20, 2018
Survivor
Aug 20, 2018
anecorbie on Aug 21, 2018 wrote:
"I'd like to suggest adding a way that we can use cosmetic appearances while still using our regular gear"
There is already a way to do that - it's called stitching. For a low fee of 100 crowns, Eloise Merrywheather ( find her near Prospector Zeke in all worlds ) will change the appearance of your gear.
Don't have crowns? Either watch videos for crowns or do KI trivia ( 100 crowns daily. )
This is very un-friendly to start with, I already pay for membership, I do not want to buy crowns, nor do videos appear on the game. Nor do I want to do trivias, I pay to play, not to earn crowns.

I hope the system get's a re-work of somekind, like for gold or something.

Also, if you pay for a cosmetic from crown shop, and you want it on your character, you have to pay more crowns to "stitch"? Makes no sense, and turns me off. Unless of course you do like some other games, and start offering a small quantity of crowns for membership users each month, like 350 or so.

In no way this is a rant or something envolving rage, its just that, we want to costumize our characters further, and for so we buy crown items from the shop, and we have to waste more crowns to apply it to the wizard? Sounds like a re-work is needed.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
severuscold on Aug 22, 2018 wrote:
This is very un-friendly to start with, I already pay for membership, I do not want to buy crowns, nor do videos appear on the game. Nor do I want to do trivias, I pay to play, not to earn crowns.

Also, if you pay for a cosmetic from crown shop, and you want it on your character, you have to pay more crowns to "stitch"? Makes no sense, and turns me off. Unless of course you do like some other games, and start offering a small quantity of crowns for membership users each month, like 350 or so.

In no way this is a rant or something envolving rage, its just that, we want to costumize our characters further, and for so we buy crown items from the shop, and we have to waste more crowns to apply it to the wizard? Sounds like a re-work is needed.
The stitching system has been the same way for years, they aren't going to change it at this point. Also, stitching is 100% superficial. It doesn't affect stats at all. So it makes sense to charge a few crowns for it. If you want to stitch gear, you can just spend $10 on crowns and you can stitch gear on all your characters for quite a while. Or do some trivia, on FreeKIGames. Most trivia is fairly easy, getting enough to stitch all your gear will only take a couple days. Hope this helps!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
severuscold on Aug 22, 2018 wrote:

I don't understand how you can say this is "unfriendly", if you want something extra,then you should be willing to pay for it. Also, getting free crowns is worth the tiny amount of effort for something you want. When buying crowns items from the crown shop, you already know what it looks like on your wizard - I agree it's a waste of crowns to then stitch this gear, so why do you want to customize further? That makes no sense to me. ( Unless you're talking about wigs, I have bought wigs just for stitching . )
Doing the daily assignments will also gain you crowns. Every 5 days there's a day for crowns, as long as your wizards are at least level 12, you can do these assignments ( and you're playing at the same time! ) They run in increments of 10, 15, & 25 crowns per 5 days. If you have 6 wizards doing these assignments, then every 10 days you'll have 300 crowns. That's enough for a whole outfit!