Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea to help Team Up

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 20, 2012
Team Up is an amazing idea, but there are some things that I think could be improved, mostly,
a) the fact that most people when they go to Team Up don't end up getting help unless they sit there for an hour or better
b) there is little incentive to go help these people, even if you would want to, it's hard to get motivated to help someone grind out a dungeon in Azteca or Khrysalis

So my idea is this: mentoring. While I don't presume to have all the answers, here is the general idea.

Mentoring would have a kiosk, kind of like those at the arena. I would think it would either be in Merle's office or in the Library. Mentoring would be a system where you would sign up for help for a specific area (for ex.- Khrysalis: Sardonyx). People sign up to help you, and if they complete it with you, they get a gold bonus as well. In order for this to work, people would have to either have memberships or access to those areas, which is presumed to be when people sign up to help you. If someone would sign up to help, you could click a button that says, "End Mentorship." Without asking questions.

I think to make this work, there could be a certain part of a friendship where the name is in Green, which signifies a Mentor. If you want to continue friends after the mentorship is over, you can choose to do that, or you can go your separate ways. I'm thinking it would be limited to 3 mentors a person, at the maximum. Thoughts, ideas? I'm not presuming it's perfect, but I think it could be a good idea.

Cheyenne StormHunter
Level 114

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I would be in favor of this mechanic being added.

I am fortunate to have discovered a mentor on my own. She has helped me in dungeons. Given me tips for gardening and pet hatching. Shown me how to be a better wizard. Since it is foolish to stand around the commons constantly stating that you are willing to help lower level wizards learn the tips and tricks that one has discovered, this would be a useful feature.

The downsides, people thinking their mentor is there to do the battle for them, thinking their mentor is there to give them free crowns, and relying on the mentor SOOO much that the young wizard forgets how to quest without help.

Steven Ghoststalker
Ravenwood Graduate

Survivor
Jul 26, 2018
hi I think it is awesome that you want to team up. I will love to join and help you. my name is Allison giantstone and I am a level 10. I know you can team up on battles with other people. but that is all I know I also kind of new here too.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
ally2k on Aug 11, 2018 wrote:
hi I think it is awesome that you want to team up. I will love to join and help you. my name is Allison giantstone and I am a level 10. I know you can team up on battles with other people. but that is all I know I also kind of new here too.
Welcome to the Spiral Allison.

Being level 10, my best advice is to keep track of any questions you might have as get them. Ask them here on the boards and someone will usually reply within a day or two. Granted it is not available at the time when you are playing but such is the nature of a moderated board.

Some tips:
There are trolls masquerading as wizards all over the spiral. They will taunt you, belittle your stats, pets, and gear.
Ignore them if they are only being annoying. Report them if they violate the user terms.

For the most part, wizards are kind and generous. Do not abuse this generosity by demanding that someone port to you immediately or standing in the commons begging for crowns.

Be polite. Ask before running in to join a mob fight. Apologize if you accidentally get pulled into someone else's fight. And ALWAYS, ALWAYS congratulate your team whenever you finish a Boss Fight.

In short, you will find that the denizens of the board are helpful lot and we've got your back if ever a troll harasses you.

If you h ave any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Steven Ghoststalker