Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

help with leveling

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2014
hello it seems to me that no matter how many times you ask no one wants to help happens to me way to much and its getting kinda old there needs to be something like the help kiosk except for they need to make it for everything and not just dungeons like a person puts themselves in a lfg type queue and people can join a group that way they can just help with whatever

Survivor
Feb 22, 2010
I just returned and noticed the same thing. :( The game needs to do something for returning or new players to make it playable.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Speaking as a wizard that gets more help "requests" then what I ask, let me ask a few questions.

How are you asking for help? I get many DAILY demands of "Port to me NOW". I ignore these demands and place the demandor on ignore.

When politely asked if I can please come and help it, it depends on a few things:

How much time do I have?
If you are requesting help on a two hour dungeon and I have 15 minutes left before I log off, I will politely decline.

Am I in a dungeon myself?
If I am working on a dungeon for my own quest or helping someone out, I will politely decline.

Am I already helping someone else?
If so I will not abandon the folks I am helping to aid another and will politely decline.

Are you asking during my scheduled "me" time?
My wizard needs to garden, train pets, and complete his own quests. If asked to help during this time, I will ask if you can wait a bit until I finish.

Please understand, that I like many other wizards who offer help may not always be available the instant you need something. When it comes to long involved dungeons, I am more likely to be able to help if we plan in advance.

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Instead of asking people for help with your wizard perhaps it would be helpful to start by making friends with people. Friends don't mind helping from time to time and could even become questing buddies who you spend all/most of your time with.

Sometimes people forget that we all log in to do things on our own wizards. If someone only ever messages to ask for help, doesn't allow you time to even load, expects you to drop everything or change out of energy gear immediately to help, hasn't even tried to manage without help...they end up being removed from friend lists.

If you're struggling with basic questing then maybe going back and doing some side quests could help. You'll level up a bit and be better able to cope solo but can make a few friends along the way too. If you're managing but want company to make it quicker, more fun and have a team for dungeons but no-one is at the same point as you, maybe you could go back a little way and see if someone there would like some help? When you get to your quest point you can continue together because now you're friends

If you're at a dungeon that needs a team use team up. If you don't find a team quickly you might prefer to cancel it and try it solo. It might take a couple of tries but you might not even need a team! If you do, then no big deal, hop back onto team up with your deck ready for what is inside!

Chat to people and make friends...if people enjoy chatting/spending time with you they will be far more likely to choose to come and help when you ask them to and they might even join you for an afternoon of questing even if they're higher level

Build friendships...build your army of wizards

I hope this helps, have fun and good luck!

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Area51Alien on Aug 13, 2018 wrote:
Speaking as a wizard that gets more help "requests" then what I ask, let me ask a few questions.

How are you asking for help? I get many DAILY demands of "Port to me NOW". I ignore these demands and place the demandor on ignore.

When politely asked if I can please come and help it, it depends on a few things:

How much time do I have?
If you are requesting help on a two hour dungeon and I have 15 minutes left before I log off, I will politely decline.

Am I in a dungeon myself?
If I am working on a dungeon for my own quest or helping someone out, I will politely decline.

Am I already helping someone else?
If so I will not abandon the folks I am helping to aid another and will politely decline.

Are you asking during my scheduled "me" time?
My wizard needs to garden, train pets, and complete his own quests. If asked to help during this time, I will ask if you can wait a bit until I finish.

Please understand, that I like many other wizards who offer help may not always be available the instant you need something. When it comes to long involved dungeons, I am more likely to be able to help if we plan in advance.

Steven Ghoststalker
I definitely agree with many of the points you've raised. Frankly, everyone should read this so as to think for a second if they're being too demanding or asking at a bad time, making it worse for all parties involved.

We all have that one friend that just messages you out of nowhere, saying "Port pls" with no details, and gets mad when you are understandably busy. We're all playing our own characters, we all have things to do. A little please and thank you goes a long way

Survivor
May 31, 2014
I think you missed the point of what I'm trying to say I'm talking about adding a feature where when people feel like helping longer than one dungeon they can like if they want to join a group through something either like the help kiosk or an added feature of the help kiosk they can and stay as long as they want to like if someone just wants someone to quest with or if someone wantd help with completeing a world etc. its a good way to make friends as well

Survivor
May 31, 2014
This also would get rid of every time you go to ask for help that either no one answers or they leave the server to avoid you its happened to me too may times to count

Ryan deathsinger

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
useddragonborn on Aug 14, 2018 wrote:
I think you missed the point of what I'm trying to say I'm talking about adding a feature where when people feel like helping longer than one dungeon they can like if they want to join a group through something either like the help kiosk or an added feature of the help kiosk they can and stay as long as they want to like if someone just wants someone to quest with or if someone wantd help with completeing a world etc. its a good way to make friends as well
They have that feature though, it's called team up. If you help someone with a team up battle you can ask if they'd like help questing and add them. If you've initiated a team up you can connect with people on the same quest as you so you can quest together.