Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Astral, Shadow, "Non-Affiliated" pets? (ideas)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2018
Hey everyone. Before I continue, know that I am a rather inexperienced (level 61 ) wizard, so maybe these have already been implemented. Feel free to let me know.

I would like to ask what people would think if KI made Astral- or Shadow-school pets, or even pets with no school affiliation at all. I know that there are already pets that can maycast Astral spells (e.g. Amplify) and possibly give card copies, but what if there were pets dedicated to these schools?

For example, I have a friend who is a level 125 . His wand has a maycast which transforms him into a Draconian which deals 900 or so damage. What if it could be hatched as a Sun-school pet? Maybe it would give a card similar to the wand maycast, or it could give other Sun cards (e.g. Giant, Gargantuan). Assuming that KI will continue to expand on the collection of Astral/Shadow spells, pet talents such as Shadow-Proof or Sun-Dealer would be a nice addition to the talent pool in the future.

I imagine that a Shadow pet which had a Shrike maycast would be a little ridiculous. However, maybe it could give a Shrike (or similar) card. Imagine if the Exalted Meowiarty's DOT spell could be acquired by a pet? Obviously it would have to be a weaker version, since Meowiarty's version deals a few thousand damage, but certainly an interesting idea.

On top of these, what if there were pets which didn't belong to a school at all (e.g. "" pets)? Maybe they would appear as ghostly versions of normal school-affiliated pets with much more variable first-generation talent pools. (Maybe their introduction could coincide with Empyrea Part 2's release--I know how Part 1 ends thanks to my max friends.) Imagine if they could give cards which deal damage with no school affiliation whatsoever, effectively bypassing school wards/resistances and dealing "true damage." These hits would be unaffected by all blades, traps, wards, and auras except other non-affiliated ones, such as Tower Shield, Fortify, and Balanceblade. The same goes for gear.

Find anything interesting? Are these abilities way too weak/strong? Let me know!

Thomas Windstrider, 61