Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Increase "like" radius for large housing items

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 26, 2012
I think large housing items that are "liked" by certain gardening plants need to have this beneficial "like" radius scaled up so that more plants will recognize the housing item from further away.

To illustrate what I'm talking about: I have a Bountiful Mine, a large outdoor housing item that is "liked" by the varieties of jewel blossoms.

I also have a non-stacked garden of jewel blossoms that consists of 7x8 rows of small plots, plus about 13 more plots divided as equally as possible around the perimeter to reach a 69-plot total. The patch is best described as a sort of misshapen square.

Whenever I place the Bountiful Mine down right next to any given side of the square, the farthest 3-4 rows of jewel blossoms on the opposite side of the square don't have the Bountiful Mine listed under their current "likes". They also grow noticeably slower than the jewel blossoms that do register the Bountiful Mine as being nearby. I feel like this radius is a bit too small for such a large housing item.

So I think the "liked" radius for very large housing items like the Bountiful Mine should be scaled up to compensate for their larger size. After all, being bigger means placement options for a housing item are much more limited compared to smaller housing items.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Tanner Silver on Aug 1, 2018 wrote:
I think large housing items that are "liked" by certain gardening plants need to have this beneficial "like" radius scaled up so that more plants will recognize the housing item from further away.

To illustrate what I'm talking about: I have a Bountiful Mine, a large outdoor housing item that is "liked" by the varieties of jewel blossoms.

I also have a non-stacked garden of jewel blossoms that consists of 7x8 rows of small plots, plus about 13 more plots divided as equally as possible around the perimeter to reach a 69-plot total. The patch is best described as a sort of misshapen square.

Whenever I place the Bountiful Mine down right next to any given side of the square, the farthest 3-4 rows of jewel blossoms on the opposite side of the square don't have the Bountiful Mine listed under their current "likes". They also grow noticeably slower than the jewel blossoms that do register the Bountiful Mine as being nearby. I feel like this radius is a bit too small for such a large housing item.

So I think the "liked" radius for very large housing items like the Bountiful Mine should be scaled up to compensate for their larger size. After all, being bigger means placement options for a housing item are much more limited compared to smaller housing items.
I agree, the same thing happens with the brick walled pond (like item for DHEs).

I know it isn't an ideal solution but while it is like this we can make the effect hit all plants by glitching the item directly above the plants. Watching some youtube videos will show you different ways to do this. For the Bountiful Mine you might like to do it with rugs going up to it so you can still enter and claim your rewards inside too.

I know it's a 'work-around' and would like to see the like radius increased on large items too but I hope it is helpful for now at least.