Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestions

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
A few things I would like to see added to the game.

1. A permanent henchman. I could give a bunch of reasons but I'm sure most can imagine many of them.
2. Hatless characters - could this be added to the magic mirror?
3. Better control on sidewalks for larger mounts. (I just got the shinobi pack dragon mount, I was get pulled of the sidewalks on Triton Ave, Crab Alley, and in Krokotopia more than a few times.

Honestly I think number 1 is critical. Its something I hear from many former players and even some current ones. Myth with minions was supposed to cover this, but the minions are well, ineffective to blunt.

Lastly I want to say thanks, this is a good game and I'm glad you present players with an opportunity to express things they would like to see in game.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2018
1. Permanent Henchmen would simply add another venue of Pay-To-Win. Normal PvE by itself is fairly easy if you're appropriately leveled and with a good deck setup. Furthermore, it would take up a slot in battle that other players would otherwise occupy, making giving an advantage over certain dungeons and gauntlets which actively require 4 non-AI players.

2. I believe there are purchasable hairstyles in the Crowns Shop. They aren't really expensive.

3. Larger mounts = larger mass. Not all mounts are created equally. Larger mounts may look cooler and have multiple seats in exchange for getting pulled in by creatures easily. It's simply how physics works, no matter how magical a world is.

I hope these responses help clarify what does and does not actually need to be addressed in the future of Wizard101.

-Valdus Dreamtail

Survivor
Jul 28, 2018
I agree 100% with permanent henchmen this is a great idea. (see below for other comments)

Some Additional information:

Henchman are not pay to win if done correctly. Many other games implement this feature without creating an unfair advantage. Its a simple matter of correct coding and implementation. If so many other games can do it, this one can as well. The taken slot could easily be negated with proper coding and implementation, again done in many other game successfully. What permanent henchman will do is allow people to play solo and not have to rely on others which is one of the primary reasons why people leave this game as many threads in gaming forums on the net verify. I also believe marketing reports also discuss this as a reason for why people leave this game.

To the best of my knowledge (could be wrong here) the hairstyles options don't offer a hat less option. If they do offer this option, than this is addressed.

All mounts are not created equally sums it up pretty well as a someone addressed.

The henchman idea is something that deserves serious consideration and I feel would help the popularity and population of the game a lot. I truly hope KI takes this idea to heart and explores it. There are many examples out there of how this can be done in a fair way. Sure it may cost crowns to get, but this alone does not create a pay to win aspect. If you believe this alone creates a pay to win situation than many of the other things in the game already violate this far worse than permanent henchman ever would.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2018
prophetsofwisdom on Jul 31, 2018 wrote:
I agree 100% with permanent henchmen this is a great idea. (see below for other comments)

Some Additional information:

Henchman are not pay to win if done correctly. Many other games implement this feature without creating an unfair advantage. Its a simple matter of correct coding and implementation. If so many other games can do it, this one can as well. The taken slot could easily be negated with proper coding and implementation, again done in many other game successfully. What permanent henchman will do is allow people to play solo and not have to rely on others which is one of the primary reasons why people leave this game as many threads in gaming forums on the net verify. I also believe marketing reports also discuss this as a reason for why people leave this game.

To the best of my knowledge (could be wrong here) the hairstyles options don't offer a hat less option. If they do offer this option, than this is addressed.

All mounts are not created equally sums it up pretty well as a someone addressed.

The henchman idea is something that deserves serious consideration and I feel would help the popularity and population of the game a lot. I truly hope KI takes this idea to heart and explores it. There are many examples out there of how this can be done in a fair way. Sure it may cost crowns to get, but this alone does not create a pay to win aspect. If you believe this alone creates a pay to win situation than many of the other things in the game already violate this far worse than permanent henchman ever would.
While I see your argument for supporting the notion of adding permanent henchmen into the game, it still does not excuse the fact that the presence of such would undermine the entire point of interacting with other individuals as an MMO (keyword, Massively Multiplayer Online), and thus spark outrage from the demographic of wizards who simply do not specialize in using minions.

There are advantages to permanent henchmen, yes. However, the call to such is not widespread as much as, say, the endless posts on drop rates, especially when it comes to Loremaster and Zafaria.

-Valdus Dreamtail

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
KI already has permanent minions/henchman. Being a Life Wizard means I do not know what the minions are for each school but the low level minion is Pixie and is great until about midway through Krokotopia when the poor thing gets killed before doing much.

Sir Bedeveer is the next minion and he is wonderful until you finish with Avalon and then if you're lucky you get one spell cast from him before he gets killed. At five pips he's not worth it anymore beyond Avalon.

Monsterology allows you to summon animus of higher level mobs a/o bosses that you can collect and I highly recommend that if you a looking for a permanent "henchman". At two pips to summon (though you need the treasure cards to do so), monsterology animus are a great thing.

All that said, it would be nice if Sir Bedeveer could level up with my wizard. It would be great if the NPCs that "accompany" you on your journey actually fought with you in battle. I would LOVE it if my pet fought in a regular basis and not just a "Maycast" from some pets.

I actually prefer the battle mechanics from P101 over W101. However W101 has more content that I find enjoyable. If P101 had crafting, fishing, gardening, monsterology and other daily non-quest things to do, I'd play P101 more frequently.

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
Area51Alien on Aug 1, 2018 wrote:
KI already has permanent minions/henchman. Being a Life Wizard means I do not know what the minions are for each school but the low level minion is Pixie and is great until about midway through Krokotopia when the poor thing gets killed before doing much.

Sir Bedeveer is the next minion and he is wonderful until you finish with Avalon and then if you're lucky you get one spell cast from him before he gets killed. At five pips he's not worth it anymore beyond Avalon.

Monsterology allows you to summon animus of higher level mobs a/o bosses that you can collect and I highly recommend that if you a looking for a permanent "henchman". At two pips to summon (though you need the treasure cards to do so), monsterology animus are a great thing.

All that said, it would be nice if Sir Bedeveer could level up with my wizard. It would be great if the NPCs that "accompany" you on your journey actually fought with you in battle. I would LOVE it if my pet fought in a regular basis and not just a "Maycast" from some pets.

I actually prefer the battle mechanics from P101 over W101. However W101 has more content that I find enjoyable. If P101 had crafting, fishing, gardening, monsterology and other daily non-quest things to do, I'd play P101 more frequently.

Steven Ghoststalker
This was pretty much my point. Having already seen it in Pirate 101, I knew they could do it. The concept of a companion, henchman for wiz 101, is something which would bring many players into the game and back to the game. If this is a kids game as stated, the irony to me is most don't finish not because they are bored or don't have a sub, its because they don't have anyone to play with or the content is too hard to solo. Frustration sets in, they leave and find something else. I work in a very large school district and hear so many kids say they quit playing for these reasons, even though they have lots of time on a one year sub. I try and offer assistance when I can, but time is an issue as well as the fine line of teacher/student interactions outside of school. Pirate 101 has the right idea but its just not as enticing as wizard 101 and doesn't have the same story immersion as Wizard 101. As another player said many other games successfully find the balance of having helpers while still maintaining group content. In fact, some of the most successful games out there do this very well. I completely understand the potential issues of adding permanent henchman, but if done correctly the benefits would be greatly enhanced.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
silverdragonn on Aug 2, 2018 wrote:
This was pretty much my point. Having already seen it in Pirate 101, I knew they could do it. The concept of a companion, henchman for wiz 101, is something which would bring many players into the game and back to the game. If this is a kids game as stated, the irony to me is most don't finish not because they are bored or don't have a sub, its because they don't have anyone to play with or the content is too hard to solo. Frustration sets in, they leave and find something else. I work in a very large school district and hear so many kids say they quit playing for these reasons, even though they have lots of time on a one year sub. I try and offer assistance when I can, but time is an issue as well as the fine line of teacher/student interactions outside of school. Pirate 101 has the right idea but its just not as enticing as wizard 101 and doesn't have the same story immersion as Wizard 101. As another player said many other games successfully find the balance of having helpers while still maintaining group content. In fact, some of the most successful games out there do this very well. I completely understand the potential issues of adding permanent henchman, but if done correctly the benefits would be greatly enhanced.
I guess we're agreeing.

Or as my grandfather put it. "Singing the same song just different verses."

With the battle mechanics of W101, Monsterology and the spell-cast minions are about as close to permanent henchmen that we're going to get.

As I stated, I prefer the battle mechanics of P101 but as you stated P101 does not have any extras.

I'd love to see either the added content from W101 be added to Pirates or the battle mechanics from Pirates be modified to work with wizards.

S Gs

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I would like some way to stitch stats to existing hair also or to add an "invisible hat" or something.
I would prefer to not wear a wig but to be able to change stats without the fuss of stitching and unstitching hats to wigs.

If an invisible hat were too much trouble, then maybe, a tiny accessory?