Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Inheritance Question

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 26, 2012
I'm trying breeding for the first time and so I bred my Myth Treant with a Myth Armament. Now when I hatch with the other pet, is there a 50/50 chance of the offspring getting the look of one parent? Another question I have is if the offspring gets the look of one of the parents, will they also get the card associated with the pet?

As an example,
X pet gives Card 1

Y pet gives Card 2

If I breed them and the offspring gets the look of parent Y, will they also get the card associated with parent Y?

Thank you in advance

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Snowblade20132012 on Jul 28, 2018 wrote:
I'm trying breeding for the first time and so I bred my Myth Treant with a Myth Armament. Now when I hatch with the other pet, is there a 50/50 chance of the offspring getting the look of one parent? Another question I have is if the offspring gets the look of one of the parents, will they also get the card associated with the pet?

As an example,
X pet gives Card 1

Y pet gives Card 2

If I breed them and the offspring gets the look of parent Y, will they also get the card associated with parent Y?

Thank you in advance
You'll get the cards associated with the body type

When you hatch, you will have the chance of getting either body type back and sometimes there is a rare chance of hybrid that doesn't resemble either of the parents! Hybrids are quite special so keep your eyes open for them and there are even some undiscovered hybrids too so you could literally be the first player to discover one!

Happy hatching!