Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips on Defeating Frostbranch?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 26, 2012
I'm doing all the side quests I can in Wintertusk, but this one is the most difficult I've encountered so far.

First time battling him I didn't know about the cheats, you can guess how that went. Not very good.

Second time battling him, I whittled him down to about half hp before dying.

I've tried using the Kiosk to ask for help but nobody ever joins, I leave it on for quite a while too

So, any tips on soloing him? My wizard is level 65, and is in the school of Myth.

Thank you in advance

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The secret to defeating Frostbranch is hitting him frequently with mid-level spells. Train Sun school enchants to increase your accuracy and pierce, that way his Smokescreens and Tower shields won't bother you so much. Use mostly traps instead of blades, since he loves using Earthquake against you.

As soon as he puts a Smokescreen on you, that's when you'll want to hit him with an accuracy & pierce-enhanced Cyclops, Minotaur, etc. Doing damage to Frostbranch with a low-pip, single-hit spell will remove the smokescreens and save you from his Efreet cheat. Repeat as needed, every time he smokescreens you. Meanwhile, use your turns in between to heal, set traps, and save up your pips for a higher level spell to finish him off. Once you have enough pips charged, then you want to put up a blade or two and hopefully take him down with a pierce-enhanced Medusa.

Another option is to save up a few crowns and buy a Fire Lion henchman (level 70). He can help you by doing some hefty damage on his own, plus taking a hit or two on your behalf. Or, the Life Gorilla (also level 70) does a lot of healing and will keep you alive long enough to win this fight. These two suggested henchmen cost 100 crowns each, and can really be a great help at your level.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Just a little trick for those enemies you have to hit every round. I use the sparklers from my wand. The hit is only 100 or 110, but it's a zero cast card, it lets you build your pips and it keeps him thinking you're armed. So in between your shields and blades keep him busy so he won't say "I thought you were here to fight."