Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change fire and myth kind artorious

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 19, 2012
i have a problem that the myth king art uses a dot but not the fire but the fire stuns the enemy

i think it should be switched cause fire is a damage over time school with myth being the stun type school

if i could be told why the schools do each others parts i would be happy more happy to see both of their second talents switched
so fire does the dot and myth does the stun

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
If schools were only allowed to have effects that are tied with their school, like Myth only having stuns, minions, shield removal, and double hits, they would run out of spell ideas pretty quickly.

Plus, a single hit Myth Artorious that stuns for a turn (and removes a shield?) would be too similar to a spell they already have: Medusa. It'd do more damage and stun for one less turn. Not much reason to use it over Medusa. The Fire Artorious would just be a dot with a free Firespear, and apparently no second effect? This would be most comparable to Heck Hound. An 8 pip Hound does 1040 damage, just a little less than the Myth Artorious. You could give it an accuracy debuff (Fire is especially lacking in aftereffects uniqur to themselves) or something, but people would probably just use Efreet instead of that.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
pattar889 on Jul 25, 2018 wrote:
i have a problem that the myth king art uses a dot but not the fire but the fire stuns the enemy

i think it should be switched cause fire is a damage over time school with myth being the stun type school

if i could be told why the schools do each others parts i would be happy more happy to see both of their second talents switched
so fire does the dot and myth does the stun
Ice, Storm, Fire, and Myth all have stun options in them somewhere. If the KA spells were to follow primary school functionality, then life's would heal and not hit, fire would be DoT, Myth would be a double tap, Ice would be defensive instead of offensive, death would life sap, etc.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2009
It's fine how it is. It brings some variety to each school this way.

Myth's is really nice because they lack dots to break through constant shields. Meanwhile fire gains a heavy attack with a stun which they also lack.

Double taps are still Myth's specialty while dots are still Fire's specialty, this simply gives them more tools so they can function on their own.

Explorer
Aug 19, 2012
oh i understand i was just wondering how they were changed that way instead of their opposing school - - but it does bring the variation and you can make this fit in their school myth still takes off shields but adds taking off traps and fire just uses a efreet but with the stun spell instead of a weakness and fire can then steal charm a fire blade after stunning if possible and then myth can use a stun or finishing hit after taking down their enemy's shield