Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thoughts on Jade gear not being allowed in 1v1

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2011
Everyone who has done pvp in the last few years will have probably gone up against a Jade life/juju death and knows how boring and repetitive the games are. The Jade gear itself is not the problem in my opinion because it is very useful and an important staple in team pvp. With KI finally doing something regarding Bad Juju I was wondering what peoples thoughts on Jade Gear also getting a few changes. This change would still allow Life Wizards to be competitive in 1v1 pvp while getting rid of the hour or longer games that consistently appear in high ranked pvp matches.

I am not sure how hard it would be to change the code so jade gear isn't allowed in 1v1, but I believe it would greatly decrease the number of players who quit because the end game content (which is pvp) is stale and can feel like so much of a chore when facing these match ups. When facing Jade Life players the only way to play and have a chance of winning in going into shrike, changing the healing bubble, and hoping you have enough damage to kill them essentially twice cause of guardian angel. There is no room for different strategies and trying to attempt this from second is almost impossible as you will never be able to keep sanctuary(healing bubble) down unless you can predict when they're going to cast it.

This is just my opinion on jade gear and how it is unhealthy for the pvp environment. The only people who like having jade gear in 1v1's are the people using it and doesn't offer anything strategy wise expect guessing how long it will take before your opponent flees the duel.

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
Oblivion7477 on Jul 22, 2018 wrote:
Everyone who has done pvp in the last few years will have probably gone up against a Jade life/juju death and knows how boring and repetitive the games are. The Jade gear itself is not the problem in my opinion because it is very useful and an important staple in team pvp. With KI finally doing something regarding Bad Juju I was wondering what peoples thoughts on Jade Gear also getting a few changes. This change would still allow Life Wizards to be competitive in 1v1 pvp while getting rid of the hour or longer games that consistently appear in high ranked pvp matches.

I am not sure how hard it would be to change the code so jade gear isn't allowed in 1v1, but I believe it would greatly decrease the number of players who quit because the end game content (which is pvp) is stale and can feel like so much of a chore when facing these match ups. When facing Jade Life players the only way to play and have a chance of winning in going into shrike, changing the healing bubble, and hoping you have enough damage to kill them essentially twice cause of guardian angel. There is no room for different strategies and trying to attempt this from second is almost impossible as you will never be able to keep sanctuary(healing bubble) down unless you can predict when they're going to cast it.

This is just my opinion on jade gear and how it is unhealthy for the pvp environment. The only people who like having jade gear in 1v1's are the people using it and doesn't offer anything strategy wise expect guessing how long it will take before your opponent flees the duel.
I understand your frustration. In my opinion, it's the single side system that makes this so hard. I always look at a Jade as a good challenge rather than undefeatable. However, going second to a jade is not a fair system and you will likely lose every time. If the rounds were turn based, you'd have a much better shot of winning. I do think that Guardian needs to be rethought, perhaps only allowing it to be used three times in a given match. I shouldn't have to defeat someone 5 times and then lose because I run out of cards. There should be a max number of times someone can be revived.