Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I give up on this pet?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2014
I am trying to make a an all defense pet, and my current one has manifested spell defy and the other one. All the other traits in the pool are defenses except one, stun defense, which also manifested. Is it worth restarting this pet when I have better pets to make? Also idk if stun is that bad because combined with jewels I can get 25-30 percent stun def. should I go with it?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
kingwiz215 on Jul 21, 2018 wrote:
I am trying to make a an all defense pet, and my current one has manifested spell defy and the other one. All the other traits in the pool are defenses except one, stun defense, which also manifested. Is it worth restarting this pet when I have better pets to make? Also idk if stun is that bad because combined with jewels I can get 25-30 percent stun def. should I go with it?
Do you mean a Ward pet?

I've got 3 max stat (255, 250, 260 260, 250) ward pets in the kiosk at the moment.

Two tigers, they're found under Balance pets. Their pool is Proof, Defy, 7 Wards and Charm Chopper (maycast Enfeeble)

Queen Emma: Proof, Defy, Storm Ward, Myth Ward and Charm Chopper
Queen Bear: Proof, Defy, Balance Ward, Death Ward and Storm Ward

Then a Frostbound Grimhorn, found in Ice pets. His pool is Proof, Defy, 7 Wards and Fearless Fortifier (maycast Fortify)

Duke Phoebe: Balance Ward, Myth Ward, Storm Ward, Ice Ward and Fearless Fortifier

If you're looking to make a Ward Pet then hatching to increase stats bars will help the percentage of resists you can achieve and cleaning out any undesirable talents from the pool is a good plan. You could hatch with the pets mentioned with confidence that you know the full pool and won't get any nasty surprises.

If you're not meaning a Ward pet please forgive my misunderstanding!

Good luck!

Survivor
Feb 11, 2014
not what I mean
my pet already has a 100% perfect ward pool, kept for one sticky stun block that keeps manifesting

should I give up or start fresh

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I would keep it. Make sure you always make a back-up before taking it further, so you always have one to fall back on if it fails.