Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why can't you see what enemies are stun immune?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2013
I don't want to waste around or pips when I'm trying to stun or beguile an enemy, so why can't you have a way to tell what enemies are stun immune? Is there a way to tell currently?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
shadowcat427 on Jul 20, 2018 wrote:
I don't want to waste around or pips when I'm trying to stun or beguile an enemy, so why can't you have a way to tell what enemies are stun immune? Is there a way to tell currently?
As a rule of thumb, assume all bosses are stun immune.

If you happen to have stun incorporated into a spell that does damage, then you can try that spell and take note of whether the stun works or not. But generally, I just assume bosses (and especially cheating bosses) aren't going to let me stun them.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
May 02, 2013
Freshta on Jul 20, 2018 wrote:
As a rule of thumb, assume all bosses are stun immune.

If you happen to have stun incorporated into a spell that does damage, then you can try that spell and take note of whether the stun works or not. But generally, I just assume bosses (and especially cheating bosses) aren't going to let me stun them.

Alia Misthaven
I know that bosses mostly can't be stunned, but many regular enemies are stun immune as well. Should I assume elite enemies are also stun immune?

Explorer
May 13, 2018
I feel like stuns are only useful in PVP against players

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
The first arc was a bit weird about stuns. I don't understand it all too well myself but it seemed to be based off of what kind of creature that enemy is. Like, a bunch of undead in the first arc are immune regardless of whether or not they were bosses or simple mobs.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Assume that all bosses past Dragonspyre are stun immune.

Assume that the higher the level world you are playing in the more likely minor bosses and mobs are stun immune as well.

Also as a side note, the further you go the less likely critical will not be blocked. Concentrate on resistance and crit blocking stats.

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I just assume that they're all stun immune and call it a day. If a spell I use is supposed to stun, and does, I consider it a fluke lol

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
While most bosses are stun immune, in higher level worlds, there are some you can stun. When I've seen it, it is usually a boss that throws an attack that also stuns, one throwing something like Storm Lord or Medusa. It would be nice if bosses that can stun you may be stunned in return. I'm not sure if and when it is the case. I just know the ones hit by a successful stun tended to try stunning me. Some bosses aren't stun immune, but might resist a stun.