Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Azteca Crafting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 09, 2013
So for Azteca Crafting players need one potent trap treasure card. But, the card is nearly impossible to get and most people are unable to obtain the card. Is there any way that the treasure card can be made auction-able or trade-able?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
There is a quest you'll get when you're about 1/3 of the way into Azteca, that will automatically award you two Potent Trap treasure cards. That quest is called "Broken Idols."

Other ways to get this rare treasure card:

Garden Alligator Pear Trees until they drop Ultra Alligator Pear Trees, then grow those. The ultra versions of these plants drop the Potent Trap.

Get someone to help you battle the Gladiator Dimachaerus, a hidden boss in Mt Olympus. He drops that tc about every 5 battles or so. Cronus (hidden in Tartarus) does as well, but you have to be level 90 to get access to him.

If you're pretty well advanced into Azteca, farm Malakeen Moondrinker or the Fuego Spirit. Malakeen's house is in the Zocalo; the Fuego Spirit's cave is in Saltmeadow swamp. Both of these bosses are excellent farming locations because health and mana wisps are located right outside their sigils.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Feb 11, 2014
I got potent trap from the sand squid in atlantea on my second try, i reccend you do it to as the boss does not have a large drop pool so getting one won’t take that long

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Another way to get them is PvP tournaments. They are quite a frequent prize.