Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire or Life for Soloing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but here I go.

I have a level 42 life wiz, and started a fire wiz to play when I'm bored. I'm only 5 levels into fire, but I am really enjoying it. I also enjoy life school. Well, I'm coming up on level 50 and I can purchase a level 50 boost for crowns. I am thinking about boosting a fire wizard and then going from level 50 to 125 with the fire wiz.

My question is though, what would be the easier of the 2, fire or life, for soloing what I can up to 125. I understand that some things might require groups, but for most of the game would fire be easier to solo, or would life be easier to solo?

Any thoughts, or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks for your time,

raavenous

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I can't speak for life but as a fire its pretty easy to solo most things with the exception of certain dungeons usually the cheating bosses or "final" bosses are the parts that can give you a lot of trouble.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
is much easier to solo than ?

Why? Because the tools the school has that are free at your disposal.

What do I mean?

Well, firstly, the school has a great amount of AoE's (Meteor - level 22 [which will serve as a go too spell up until 125]), Fire Dragon (level 48) etc.

Early access to these spells will assist greatly in questing!

The school is also one of the best examples of an 'all-rounder' you can find having ways to make of for it's weakness while still packing a punch!

Life on the other hand is a lot more difficult to solo as I'm sure you must've experienced already.

The school is crippled by low damage and a lack of AoE's (first one is at level 58).

You can use Treasures to assist with this though!

So, to respond, life will be easier soloing a fire - See what I did there?

Good Luck!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
they're both great schools but for opposite reasons. Fire has awesome damage but horrendous healing while life has awesome healing with horrendous damage. I say that from the aspect of what the spells themselves do. That said, with the right gear, BOTH schools can solo the game. In order to make my fire viable, I needed a life mastery amulet. What you need to know about my fire is that it was my first wizard AND I didnt know what the heck I was doing. My life was my 5th wizard and I learned a LOT about the game since my fire. With my fire, I didnt know to farm waterworks for the full set where as my Life, I knew to do that, but also to farm the L30 Aquila (wasnt available to my fire since it wasnt introduced yet) gear which carried me until L56 when i crafted the wintertusk gear. I joined a facebook group and found an awesome questing partner, so I dont solo anymore these days really, except when I have to. On my Life, i was questing for a while with 2 death wizards, and my life would be the one to kill everything because of how strong it hit