Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which houses are the best for fishing in?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2013
You can visit houses in wizard101 so I'm wondering which house would be the best for fishing in.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
shadowcat427 on Jul 17, 2018 wrote:
You can visit houses in wizard101 so I'm wondering which house would be the best for fishing in.
It depends what you mean by 'best'. What do you want to achieve?

If you want to gain fishing ranks the best way to do it is by catching lots of different types of fish. The first time was catch a new type of fish we get huge XP but after that is a tiny amount of XP. I'd check the house on the wiki to see what fish can be caught, then catch all the fish I haven't got yet. Then check the next house... we can do a search for houses with fish so we're not looking through houses that don't have fishing...or we can check by fish type instead.

If you're looking for the easiest places to catch fish then I'd just try out the different locations in the houses and decide which I liked best. Sometimes the way a house has been decorated can make it harder/easier for fishing there.

If you want to catch chests with cool items...my favourite house fishing pass-time haha...then check what loot can be found in chests for each of the houses or search the items you want and see if they can be won in fishing chests from houses.

A few cool things from chests:
shining scales (for crafting) - The Acropolis (go for ice fish)
mana mini games (look like little castles and are interactive for filling health/mana) - Massive Fantasy Palace
Bundle mounts - bundle houses!

When you get a bundle with a house and a mount in it sometimes the mount can be found in fishing chests! Check on the wiki which ones you can catch and where to try for them. I got the 2 person Malorian Dragon Mount (perm) from a fishing chest in Winter Wind Tower! It was one of the most EPIC feelings in the world...even though it took me ages to get it!

I hope this helps and if you have any questions let us know, we're happy to help! Good luck with your fishing!

Survivor
May 02, 2013
Victoria FireHeart on Jul 18, 2018 wrote:
It depends what you mean by 'best'. What do you want to achieve?

If you want to gain fishing ranks the best way to do it is by catching lots of different types of fish. The first time was catch a new type of fish we get huge XP but after that is a tiny amount of XP. I'd check the house on the wiki to see what fish can be caught, then catch all the fish I haven't got yet. Then check the next house... we can do a search for houses with fish so we're not looking through houses that don't have fishing...or we can check by fish type instead.

If you're looking for the easiest places to catch fish then I'd just try out the different locations in the houses and decide which I liked best. Sometimes the way a house has been decorated can make it harder/easier for fishing there.

If you want to catch chests with cool items...my favourite house fishing pass-time haha...then check what loot can be found in chests for each of the houses or search the items you want and see if they can be won in fishing chests from houses.

A few cool things from chests:
shining scales (for crafting) - The Acropolis (go for ice fish)
mana mini games (look like little castles and are interactive for filling health/mana) - Massive Fantasy Palace
Bundle mounts - bundle houses!

When you get a bundle with a house and a mount in it sometimes the mount can be found in fishing chests! Check on the wiki which ones you can catch and where to try for them. I got the 2 person Malorian Dragon Mount (perm) from a fishing chest in Winter Wind Tower! It was one of the most EPIC feelings in the world...even though it took me ages to get it!

I hope this helps and if you have any questions let us know, we're happy to help! Good luck with your fishing!
Which houses are the best for catching treasure chests with pets?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
shadowcat427 on Jul 20, 2018 wrote:
Which houses are the best for catching treasure chests with pets?
Pets from fishing chests:

Blaze Beast ~ Fire House
Blazezilla ~ Kembaalung Village
Brave Piggle ~ Death House
Brown Recluse Spider ~ Fantastic Voyage Expedition
Brown Spider ~ Death House
Bumble Bee ~ Amber Estate
Burning Pixie ~ Fire House
Crabling ~ Cyclops Lane; Olde Town; The Commons
Crimson Spectre ~ Fire House
Dark Crow ~ Nomad's Camp
Death Scarab ~ Nomad's Camp
Death Troll ~ Death House
Death Bat ~ Death House
Desert Beast ~ Balance House
Dragonfly ~ Nomad's Camp; Fantastic Voyage Expedition
Evil Sandman ~ Nomad's Camp; Fantastic Voyage Expedition
Fire Beetle ~ The Grand Chasm
Fire Salamander ~ The Forum; The Grand Chasm; The Tower Archives
Fire Snowman ~ Fire House
Forgotten Grimoire ~ Castle Darkmoor
Frilled Lizard ~ Fantastic Voyage Expedition
Frosty Fish ~ Jade Palace; Ice House; Kishibe Village
Giraffe ~ Baobab Crossroads; Elephant Graveyard; The Sun Palace
Green Spider ~ Ice House
Grizzley Boar ~ Garden Of Hesperides (Aquila)
Ice Salamander ~ Ice House
Ladybug ~ Life House
Lava Spider ~ Fire House
Leopard ~ Elephant Graveyard
Li'l Siren ~ Cyclops Lane; Entrance Hall; Mirkholm Keep; Olde Town; Private Fishing Retreat; The Commons; The Crystal Grove; The Grand Chasm; Tree Of Life; Upper Zigazag
Lion ~ Nomad's Camp
Maelstrom Oni ~ Storm House
Magma Spider ~ Nomad's Camp
Meow Wing ~ The Wyrd
Mountain Yeti ~ Ice House
Muscled Cat ~ Myth House
Myth Banshee ~ Myth House
Myth Ghoul ~ Myth House
Myth Leprechaun ~ Myth House
Myth Treant ~ Myth House
Pesky Beetle ~ Baobab Crown; Elephant Graveyard
Pink Jellyfish ~ Mirkholm Keep; Northguard; Vingrid Roughland
Piranha Hunter ~ Jade Palace; Kishibe Village
Proper Penguin ~ Polarian Shipwreck
Rat Magician ~ Myth House
Raven ~ Fantastic Voyage Expedition; Nomad's Camp
Red Gobbler ~ Myth House
Royal Ibis ~ Nomad's Camp
Sailback Skink ~ Baobab Crown; Elephant Graveyard
Samoorai ~ Life House
Sea Dragon ~ Emperor's Retreat; Entrance Hall; The Oasis

CONT...

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
CONT...

Sea Turtle ~ Celestia Base Camp; Life House
Skink ~ Baobab Crown; Elephant Graveyard
Snake In A Basket ~ Nomad's Camp
Snow Beast ~ Myth House
Soulful Knight ~ Castle Darkmoor
Spinyfish ~ Cyclops Lane; Ravenwood; The Commons
Starfish ~ Celestia Base Camp; The Oasis
Storm Bird ~ Storm House
Strange Beast ~ Winter Wind Tower
Striped Boar ~ Myth House
Summer Dragon ~ Fire House
Talented Piggle ~ Balance House
Toaddle ~ Nordrilund; Northguard; Savarstaad Pass
Trojan Horse ~ The Acropolis
Verglas Grimoire ~ Castle Darkmoor
Wetland Hunter ~ Entrance Hall, Jade Palace; Ravenwood, The Commons; Unicorn Way
Wolfhound ~ Barkingham Palace

Now you can see which pets you like most and where to find them, or look down the list and choose a house or location that has most pets

I hope this helps and if anyone notices any I've missed please comment!

PS Sorry the spacing didn't work, hopefully it will be clearer now I've edited it