Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Plants that give life pet snacks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 15, 2014
So I am a level 27 almost 28 life wizard with an adult life pet that I want to level up more however the process is going really slow, because I don’t have any life plant snacks. I don’t know if this is a thing but I was wondering if there were any plants that have a higher chance of giving you life plant snacks than others. Any help would be great, thanks!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Jonathan SpiritPet... on Jul 14, 2018 wrote:
So I am a level 27 almost 28 life wizard with an adult life pet that I want to level up more however the process is going really slow, because I don’t have any life plant snacks. I don’t know if this is a thing but I was wondering if there were any plants that have a higher chance of giving you life plant snacks than others. Any help would be great, thanks!
Pets usually like/love snacks of their school. If they like a snack it gives 1 extra XP, if they love it you get an extra 2 XP. On my first pet I wanted to give her snacks she loved because I wanted to look after her the best I could...but training really doesn't work like this and I was making it MUCH harder on myself and it made the training process far longer than it needed to be.

I recommend ignoring the type of snack it is and go for the ones with the highest XP. Make sure you fill all your stat bars (strength, agility etc) but focus on using the biggest snacks you have. They always show first when we're about to feed our pet (highest XP will be to the left on the first page of snacks shown).

Evil Magma Peas (EMPs) and Couch Potatoes (CP) are excellent for mega snacks.
Deadly Helephant Ears (DHE) are good.

Before I had lots of EMP or CP I bought Prickly Bear Cactus (from the bazaar or the gardening dude in Krok). They don't give as big snacks as EMP/CP but they do give some nice +25 snacks and you can get the seeds easily because you just buy them for gold.

If you get any CP/EMP plant them even if you only have a few. When double gardening comes around you can double the seeds on their elder harvest...if they're elder when it starts and you trigger them promptly through their stages you can quad them!

I hope this helps, happy gardening and pet training!

Survivor
Jul 15, 2014
Thanks a lot Victoria . This has really helped me because I had no idea about the prickly bear cactus having a chance to give you those seeds, I will get started right away on gardening. Thanks again!